Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi my little buddies,

I wanted to update my progress. I am actually doing very well. I crossed my legs for the first time last night since 2004, NSV. I was so proud. Everyone has given many compliments. My kids look at me funny because I don't really look like their mom.

I've been exercising since pre-op but at the moment I'm doing Elliptical 40 minutes in the morning and walking 30 during lunch. I was walking 3-4 miles a day and had to slow down due to Achilles tendonitis. Feeling much better with that.

I'm eating 3 meals a day with 2 Snacks a day. I try to eat 200 @ meal and 100 @ snack time. I'm eating 20-30 carbs a day and average 800 calories a day.

Things I eat:

Deli turkey

string cheese

boiled eggs, love these

tuna

all meats and fish except chicken, ouch! Usually can only eat 2 oz at a time

Hummus

salad, ranch dressing

green Beans and spinach, etc.

SF popsicles and Jello w/SF whipped cream. Yum!!!

hot chocolate, SF

Just started eating 1 oz walnuts for a snack

I'm only losing about 2 lbs a week now. I can tell my body is readjusting. I have lost a bunch of inches, not sure of total. I know I've lost 10 off waist and 9 off hips. My blood sugars are still amazing and I'm so thankful. I just took my blood sugar after dinner and it was 94. Yahoooooo!

I am having one continuous problem though, I constantly have to remind myself to slow down eating. I do get full before I eat my required 3 oz of Protein but it is so hard to slow down my eating. Bad habits sometimes are hard to break. I am working on it though. Another problem is seeing myself as thinner. I don't feel as thin as I am. I now weigh 246, but some days still feel 324.

I work hard on this journey and love every minute of it. I, as I'm sure most of you, have always worked hard at slimming down but had always had a force pushing against me. I now know I have a tool that is on my side and we're working together to make my life better.

I wish you all the best of luck and would love to encourage anyone that has questions or fears about the sleeve. Please don't hesitate to message me if you need any help. I am far from knowing it all, but would like to help in any way I can.

Congrats! You're doing great!

I totally understand about the slowing down with eating. I find that I too eat too fast and take big a bite and swallow before chewing thoroughly. It's a learning curve that we'll eventually get the hang of. Either I've adjusted to the feeling of discomfort or my eating has improved. ;)

Thanks for tips of foods that u enjoy. Do u remember how u felt 28 days post op? That is where I am & was wondering what is typical!

louis-I felt pretty good at 28 days. I still had to be careful with what I was eating. I never pureed food though, yuck!!!!! I ate pretty much what I wanted but my choices were pretty mild. I ate lots of refried Beans and chili.

Cindy, try using a small pickle fork when you eat. I found it works great for keeping your bite sizes small.

I never puréed my food either! I started slow!!! Did liquids faithfully for 6 weeks but about 5 weeks added cottage cheese and puddings (sf). I LOVED cottage cheese the first few weeks!! LOL! At 28 days I was still struggling with gas and gas pain in my left shoulder. Also struggled with nausea. Could no longer drink my premade Protein drinks I was drinking preop as they really upset my tummy! But if I make my own I'm fine. I use vanilla soy milk, Greek yogurt, 1/2 a banana and a scoop of vanilla Protein powder! Very yummy and does not upset my tummy! Although its very worth it, it took me a long time to be able to say I really felt back to "normal". I'm now 11 weeks postoperative, feel great, down 52 pounds !

Sent from my iPad using VST

Cindy, I use a small plate and cut my food into very small pieces and, as my nut told me to do, I chew, chew a bit longer and when I don't think I can chew any more - I chew again!!!

My nut says that chewing food well helps the stomach in the first few months ( and beyond) to digest the food. But, as important, u will get more if ur Protein in without discomfort. Works for me :-) Good luck!