Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy 1 Yr Surgiversary to ME!

Congrats you look great! I do have one question as an African American woman Hair loss and relaxers are a big concern. Did you experience hair loss?

Actually, I started losing my hair and thinning 6 years ago... so nothing has really changed... I have the normal shed that i do.. But I wear wigs.... My hair loss is comes from my dad and mom so that is one thing that i didn't worry about much because i really had none to lose.. I do use Biotin though and ALTHOUGH what i have lost didn't grow back, i didn't lose any either.. Great Question

Thank YOU!!

You look fabulous. How inspiring and encouraging you are. I am just 8 weeks out out and have lost 37 lbs, I'm hoping that I can do as well as you in one year.

Congrads you look great.

37 pounds is Great!!! Congrats!! You can do it!!! :D

Amazing and so inspirational!

Hello Everyone!!!! Today is my Big Day !! This time last year I changed my life. I had VSG. If you followed me in the beginning you would know that i had a lot of problems. I was sick for about 4-5 months after having the surgery and I had a lot of regret because people were having more success than me... After a while and some tweeks in Vitamins things started to turn around... By my 6 months I had lost 100lbs.. this was revealed on Christmas Day.. Then I met my weight loss goal of 160lbs on Feb 27th.. I have been maintaining since then between 153-160.. Today I weighed in at 152lbs. I am not going to say that my journey has been easy because it hasn't .. It took me a long time to come around.. I had a love hate relationship with food for a long time... There are still foods that i cant or don't eat and I don't push it.. I just let it be.. I so not do pasta' date=' rice or breads.. I will so sliced bread every now and then. I work out 5-7 days a week. I workout with a personal trainer 2 days a week, I walk, I'm running now.. The longest was 3.5 miles this pass weekend. I have done 3 5k's and i have one scheduled for next Sat which ill be my 4th and my 2nd obstacle run... I box, lift weights, hula hoop and I can walk up hills and stairs like its nothing. I eat 3 meals a day with 1-2 Snacks.. I still measure my food. I don't drink with my food, nor do I drink alcohol. I do use a straw and i have been using one since 3-4 weeks after surgery per my docs approval. I pretty much follow the rules 85-90% of the time.. but I will say I love dark chocolate and I do partake, lol. No cakes or Cookies and no other candies, just chocolate.. I love my new life now... I learning to love the new me everyday!!! I have let go of a lot of pain that got me to my point of unhappiness and over weight.. I have forgiving a lot of people and I have told a lot of folks where can go to... I surround my self with positive folks and My Husband has been my Number 1 Supporter. In this last year, I have been to multiple concerts, 4 weddings, zip-lined indoor sky dived.. danced the night away in 4 inch heels and I have even been in a size 2... My beginning wt was 273.6, I am now in small tops and dress. size 4-6 pants, my feet even got smaller I went from a 10 to a 8.5. I have had my wedding ring re-sized twice and it needs it again. Links have been taking out of my watch.. I just have so much energy.. and my favorite thing to do is to cross my legs... I am off all meds, cpap, and pain management. I have gone from seeing my docks every other week to once a year now!!! There are so many NVS I cant count but I'm sure you get the just of it... and along the way I have meet some awesome people in the weight loss community!! I'm super excited about today!!! :D[/quote']

Congrats u did much better then me I vot sleeve the 16 of july weighing n at 287 now 192 still tryna meet my 100 mark thats really hard to get nut congrats on your wonderful journey hopefully I can get to 150 soon 1day

Thank you for sharing your story! I am 2 months out and I needed some encouragement. I've lost 31 lbs. so far. However, I had a bad weekend and I need to get back on track. Congratulations to you!

Congrats you look great! I do have one question as an African American woman hair loss and relaxers are a big concern. Did you experience Hair loss?

My friend had vsg and in the first 3 to 6 months she lost a lot her but no one else could really tell her hair was thinning unless they were combing through her hair. She decided to go natural to avoid stressing the hair even more and since then she's lost less hair And its growing back with more Protein intake.

Congratulations you look very energetic and beautiful :-)