Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 day, 100% RAW FOOD challenge

1) Add more fruits

2) Adjust your existing fruits to be sweeter (peel your carrots for example)

3) Mix in some Low Sodium V8. Adjust amount to taste

A 100% juice fast will cause some people to binge afterwards' date=' as pointed out here:

Obviously depends upon the person, but I'm PRETTY confident that I'd be a post-fast-binger, so I'm not going that route.[/quote']

After a juice fast, your body will have detoxed and will only crave green vegetables and fruit. It is a win win!!!!

It is a good start to killing those disease causing parasites in our bodies that causes all types of food craving too.

After a juice fast, your body will have detoxed and will only crave green vegetables and fruit. It is a win win!!!!

Last time I juice fasted for 10 days, I felt terrible during the first 6 days. And then I immediately ordered a pizza after it was over. Juice fasting (more than 24 hours) is NOT for me. May work for other people.

I hate the detoxing but usually only lasts a couple days for me. Then it's all good till I eat something not raw. :(

DAY 1 - 320 lbs

DAY 8 - 312.7 lbs

Going on 8 lbs in 8 days. I'm fairly happy thusfar. Drank one of those huge smoothies last night at 8pm. NOT RECOMMENDED. Even though I went to bed at midnight, it was still sitting on my stomach. Woke up still nasty full so only had a banana for Breakfast. Hit Sam's Club again today and got some organic spinach, mushrooms and grape tomatoes to make a salad for dinner. No more smoothies that late.

I'm starting to post my DAY 1 starting weight before my daily weigh in, so new readers can easily see the difference.

DAY 1 - 320 lbs

DAY 8 - 312.7 lbs

Going on 8 lbs in 8 days. I'm fairly happy thusfar. Drank one of those huge smoothies last night at 8pm. NOT RECOMMENDED. Even though I went to bed at midnight' date=' it was still sitting on my stomach. Woke up still nasty full so only had a banana for Breakfast. Hit Sam's Club again today and got some organic spinach, mushrooms and grape tomatoes to make a salad for dinner. No more smoothies that late.

I'm starting to post my DAY 1 starting weight before my daily weigh in, so new readers can easily see the difference.[/quote']

Nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am "stuck" sticking to a vegan diet post-op, & honestly, I have no problems hitting my Protein goals. I never in my life would've believed I'd be saying that, but it's true.

OP: I can't do "raw" yet as my sleeve is still fairly new, but I'm interested to see how you progress. Best wishes! :)

I'm a vegetarian but not a vegan. Curious: what are your primary sources of Protein and how many grams do you average per day, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks!!

I notice you rely alot upon strawberries, oranges, and grapes, which happen to be the 3 fruits highest in sugar. Beets will give you plenty of sweetness, if you have a sweet tooth, and have you considered adding in more spinach kale etc? That will provide greater satiety and Fiber. Also, that pound back was not a real pound, you know that :) more than likely it is your intestines and bowels (sorry!) resetting themselves :) I WISH I could juice or be raw but my current living conditions preclude this.

Curious: what are your primary sources of Protein and how many grams do you average per day

I get about 45-50g of Protein a day:

http://www.fatsecret.com/Diary.aspx?pa=fj&dt=15910&id=437821

adding in more spinach kale etc? That will provide greater satiety and Fiber

Yeah I eat about 4-5 cups of spinach per day in my smoothies (they are very green).

I'm fascinated by your 30 day raw food challenge. Just wanted you to know that I've been lurking about...following your progress. Thanks for posting daily updates.

You may even encourage me enough to finally try a green smoothie...someday...lol.

Keep up the good work.

I am about to go juice me some organic kale, carrots, celery, ginger, apple, lemon, and a beet. I can't wait to drink it up!!

DAY 1 - 320 lbs

DAY 9 - 312.5 lbs

Well I've dropped half a pant size in a little over a week. My legs rub together less, and I'm sleeping like a baby again. The weight loss slowness I think it because I'm building muscle from aerobics 6 times a week.

So yesterday I kinda screwed up - had two bananas for Breakfast, a banana for lunch and then for dinner I had planned a nice salad. However after suddenly realizing I barely touched my juice, I consumed a very large 40oz worth over an hour's time.

And then I wasn't hungry. At all for 4+ hours. No salad, no nothing except 3 bananas the entire day. DOH, that's probably bad. But I just wasn't hungry at all. Probably how these juice fasters make it work - they eat 100% raw a few weeks before, so they weren't all that hungry anyhow. So today I'm trying to stuff more food down my gut. Originally I'd planned to not eat until I was hungry, but I'm NEVER hungry. A far cry from eating 3 pizzas in a week before I started this journey, eh?

So for Breakfast I had a smoothie:

20130724_071452.jpg

And people are STILL concerned about my Protein (which I get almost 50g a day). Here's how:

20130724_071427.jpg

2+ handfuls of organic spinach with every smoothie. And I *try* to get 2 smoothies in a day. And then a banana for lunch (plus my coffee), and tonight I'm having a salad (I swear this time).

I notice you rely alot upon strawberries, oranges, and grapes, which happen to be the 3 fruits highest in sugar. Beets will give you plenty of sweetness, if you have a sweet tooth, and have you considered adding in more spinach kale etc? That will provide greater satiety and Fiber. Also, that pound back was not a real pound, you know that :) more than likely it is your intestines and bowels (sorry!) resetting themselves :) I WISH I could juice or be raw but my current living conditions preclude this.

Strawberries are low in sugar but grapes are very high. When I juice, I use 1 apple for a ton of kale, spinach and broccoli and cucumber because it needs the sweetness. I avoid grapes personally. I love beets- raw shredded, or juiced and with carrots, you don't need fruit IMO with that blend.

Here's a good link to the sugar in fruit

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/fruits-high-in-sugar.html

50 grams of Protein is very good considering you aren't healing.

Keep up the good work

DAY 1 - 320 lbs

DAY 9 - 312.5 lbs

Well I've dropped half a pant size in a little over a week. My legs rub together less' date=' and I'm sleeping like a baby again. The weight loss slowness I think it because I'm building muscle from aerobics 6 times a week.

So yesterday I kinda screwed up - had two bananas for Breakfast, a banana for lunch and then for dinner I had planned a nice salad. However after suddenly realizing I barely touched my juice, I consumed a very large 40oz worth over an hour's time.

And then I wasn't hungry. At all for 4+ hours. No salad, no nothing except 3 bananas the entire day. DOH, that's probably bad. But I just wasn't hungry at all. Probably how these juice fasters make it work - they eat 100% raw a few weeks before, so they weren't all that hungry anyhow. So today I'm trying to stuff more food down my gut. Originally I'd planned to not eat until I was hungry, but I'm NEVER hungry. A far cry from eating 3 pizzas in a week before I started this journey, eh?

So for breakfast I had a smoothie:

And people are STILL concerned about my Protein (which I get almost 50g a day). Here's how:

2+ handfuls of organic spinach with every smoothie. And I *try* to get 2 smoothies in a day. And then a banana for lunch (plus my coffee), and tonight I'm having a salad (I swear this time).[/quote']

Ok this confuses me....

How much Protein does your baby spinach have?