Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 day, 100% RAW FOOD challenge

DAY 6 - 312.9 lbs (those stupid green Beans messed up my losses)

So I just spent the day chillin'. It's Sunday after all. I think those green Beans from last night stalled me out. Can still feel them in my stomach, ewww.

For Breakfast I had my usual smoothie, lunch a banana + grapes and for dinner I'm having another banana. My food intake is WAY down from what it used to be. Before, I'd stuff my face any time my small tummy could fit food.< /p>

Worked out for 40 minutes on the treadmill. I was really sore doing it the first three days, but now I'm golden. After my workout, I feel like working out again.

juice today:

20130721_123713.jpg

Which made a good 5 glassfuls:

20130721_124636.jpg

You don't mind celery juiced? I prefer to use more kale and spinach. I just bought the Omega vert masticating juicer and love it. Green juice is my breakfast now and an evening snack. lunch and dinner still lean Protein and 50 calorie pitas. I also like Bert juice, carrot, red cabbage, apple, spinach and ginger.

You don't mind celery juiced?

Nah, I've been juicing for a year so my taste buds are accustomed to anything. When I first started, it would have been really nasty but now I love it. I like celery and carrots because they are DIRT cheap. That whole table full of veggies costs like $2.50 for a full day of juice.

For kale and spinach (which I love), I prefer to blend them into my fruit smoothies to make a "green smoothie". This keeps the Fiber in tact. I use A LOT of spinach, like 3+ handfuls.

Nah' date=' I've been juicing for a year so my taste buds are accustomed to anything. When I first started, it would have been really nasty but now I love it. I like celery and carrots because they are DIRT cheap. That whole table full of veggies costs like 2.50 for a full day of juice.

For kale and spinach (which I love), I prefer to blend them into my fruit smoothies to make a "green smoothie". This keeps the Fiber in tact. I use A LOT of spinach, like 3+ handfuls.[/quote']

Cool thanks for sharing-

I've never juiced- what do u think is the best 'starting green juice' not too into veggies!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Please watch the documentary "FAT SICK AND NEARLY DEAD" with Joe Cross

It is one of my favorites!!

If u do a green smoothie with spinach banana and strawberries or blueberries, u will love it. U gent ur veggies in and it's nice and sweet. My baby loves it too. :)

It is one of my favorites!!

I love that movie also it's very inspirational!!!

If u do a green smoothie with spinach banana and strawberries or blueberries' date=' u will love it. U gent ur veggies in and it's nice and sweet. My baby loves it too. :)[/quote']

Thank you

I've never juiced- what do u think is the best 'starting green juice' not too into veggies!! Lol

1) Add more fruits

2) Adjust your existing fruits to be sweeter (peel your carrots for example)

3) Mix in some Low Sodium V8. Adjust amount to taste

A 100% juice fast will cause some people to binge afterwards, as pointed out here:

Obviously depends upon the person, but I'm PRETTY confident that I'd be a post-fast-binger, so I'm not going that route.

DAY 7 - 313.8 lbs

Grats to me for making it a week! Three to go! Went up a pound, but not too concerned. In reality I should probably only be weighing once a week, but I want to document a solid month of fruits/veggies. I will however adjust a couple things, just to ensure I keep the loss going:

1) I need more food. It's funny how I was sucking down an entire pizza in 9 hours, and yet now I'm rarely hungry. Not only that, but I will literally eat 1 banana and then wait 4 hours until I eat another one. AMAZING how fresh fruits/veggies eliminate your constant hunger cravings. Processed foods suck.

SO in that light, I wonder if I'm hitting starvation mode. My calorie consumption has gotta be way way down. Therefore, I'll drink another smoothie in the afternoons, and then add a snack somewhere.

2) Do a stressful workout once a week, twice later. I think working out 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week is fantastic, and makes me feel awesome. However I'd like to REALLY press myself occasionally, to get the fat burning. I may end up hiring a trainer once I'm not so out of shape. I DON'T want to waste money on a trainer when I can barely climb 2 stairs before getting winded.

3) If a full stall peeks its head in, I may do a 24 hour juice fast. And/or replace my coffee treat with something smaller.

DAY 7 - 313.8 lbs

Grats to me for making it a week! Three to go! Went up a pound' date=' but not too concerned. In reality I should probably only be weighing once a week, but I want to document a solid month of fruits/veggies. I will however adjust a couple things, just to ensure I keep the loss going:

1) I need more food. It's funny how I was sucking down an entire pizza in 9 hours, and yet now I'm rarely hungry. Not only that, but I will literally eat 1 banana and then wait 4 hours until I eat another one. AMAZING how fresh fruits/veggies eliminate your constant hunger cravings. Processed foods suck.

SO in that light, I wonder if I'm hitting starvation mode. My calorie consumption has gotta be way way down. Therefore, I'll drink another smoothie in the afternoons, and then add a snack somewhere.

2) Do a stressful workout once a week, twice later. I think working out 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week is fantastic, and makes me feel awesome. However I'd like to REALLY press myself occasionally, to get the fat burning. I may end up hiring a trainer once I'm not so out of shape. I DON'T want to waste money on a trainer when I can barely climb 2 stairs before getting winded.

3) If a full stall peeks its head in, I may do a 24 hour juice fast. And/or replace my coffee treat with something smaller.[/quote']

A week that's great! What was the loss got the week?

I thought the fruit would give cravings..? I'm def interested in following u!

A week that's great! What was the loss got the week?

Lost 7 lbs in 6 days. Then I gained 1 lb back.

I thought the fruit would give cravings..? I'm def interested in following u!

Nah, not at all.

My green juice is kale, spinach, cucumbers, lemon, yellow apples (sweeter) and sometimes broccoli or celery.

I do red juice too. Beets, carrots, lemon, ginger, red apple, purple cabbage and blueberries.

Drink a glass for Breakfast, eat lean Protein for lunch and dinner and have another glass as a snack.< /p>

Lost 7 lbs in 6 days. Then I gained 1 lb back.

Nah' date=' not at all.[/quote']

That's awesome! What #s did u pull weekly before? Typically?

I will be 5 mo on thurs and will be (should be) lol down 80 lbs! But it averages about between 8-12 lbs a month - never had the Huge #s

My green juice is kale' date=' spinach, cucumbers, lemon, yellow apples (sweeter) and sometimes broccoli or celery.

I do red juice too. Beets, carrots, lemon, ginger, red apple, purple cabbage and blueberries.

Drink a glass for breakfast, eat lean Protein for lunch and dinner and have another glass as a snack.[/quote']

Cool! I feel naive most say a pinch of this a handful of that - I'm like... I need exact measurements! Lol