Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 day, 100% RAW FOOD challenge

I'm doing a 30 day 100% RAW food challenge' date=' and posting my food intake here to make myself accountable. I'm tired of low carb, 3 meals a day.

RULES:

- I ONLY eat when I'm hungry. Let my body tell me when it's time to eat.

- Consume raw fruits and vegetables only

- I make and drink a half-gallon container of orange/celery/apple juice per day

- Exercise every other day for 30 minutes

- Weigh and post in this thread every day

DON'TS:

- Don't count calories

- Don't count carbs

DATES: July 16 - August 16

WHY AM I DOING THIS

Some diets I see are frightening. 100% processed food? Where's your nutrition coming from. If one person adds a banana or strawberry into their diet today, then my job here is done. I'm simply going extreme, because I love fruits and veggies!

WHERE DOES MY Protein COME FROM

Meet Mister GORILLA:

http://upload.wikime..._gorilla_01.jpg

He's so strong that he can rip your arm off with one good pull. Where does he get this incredible muscle mass? Leafy greens and veggies!

OH NOES ISN'T THIS UNHEALTHY?!

Ask Jim Morris, the 72 year old body builder who eats raw foods:

Interesting!

How far our are?

I'm 5 mo on the 25th!

U on Facebook? They have lots of raw food pages a d great Recipies!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

DAY 3 - 316 lbs.

Wow - I lost 4 lbs already in 3 days. My body clearly doesn't want me to be fat.

I started counseling today! Woo' date=' I met this awesome counselor who lives close by and only charges me 80 per session (normal rate is 120). Really connecting to this girl, so I'm all excited about knocking out my food addictions.

Breakfast - big ol' fruit and spinach smoothie

Hit the treadmill for 35 mins

lunch - banana and a few peanuts

dinner - big ol' fruit and spinach smoothie

I didn't really snack today. Oddly, I believe my hunger is going down. For a later night snack I'm making some fresh orange/apple/celery/carrot juice in my Breville juicer! Drinking that makes you VERY full, and don't really want food for like 4+ hours. And by that time I'll be asleep!

I'M SO EXCITED and feeling FANTASTIC all the time.[/quote']

Congrats on therapy! I'm a huge advocate of it!! Both professionally and personally!!

If u have a whole foods store- I'd suggest organic!!!

Good job! Keep up the good work. I think by day 4 or 5, the hunger will really subside and you will be more adjusted to your new way of eating

I loved being raw. Im not sleeved yet but going raw was a wonderful journey. I was almost 100% most of the time and lost a ton of weight. 60 lbs. Sadly gained it back cuz I lost my active job and cldnt get back on the raw track. I wld love to go raw once sleeved though not sure how far out wld be safe. Garden of life makes a raw Protein meal which taste decent but I'm not sure I cld handle it after being sleeved cuz the shake thickens a lot after sitting so I would assume wld expand in the pouch making it uncomfortable.

Anyhow, I'm glad you're doing this and stick to it. It's wonderful and you will lose the deprived feeling after about 3-4 days. It took me 3 days to stop craving bread. After that, it was smooth sailing. My main concern with going raw wld be that with a smaller stomach, it might be hard to eat enough. I know a raw foodie needs to eat a lot to get all the nutrients in. I think the juicing prolly helps with that though. Excited to see how your journey goes and hope your detox is over with

once sleeved though not sure how far out wld be safe.

Yeah definitely a question for your doctor, during the sleeving process.

My main concern with going raw wld be that with a smaller stomach, it might be hard to eat enough.

Well as you probably know, natural and organic food like bananas, grapes get processed much more quickly than something more dense like steak. So you can eat more often.

Are the peanuts raw?

It's not processed food, so close enough. A little fat makes me feel more full. Plus I'm still having coffee every day from the gas station down the street. Old habits die hard. :rolleyes:

DAY 4 - 314.6 lbs

Almost lost 6 lbs in 4 days. I'm very pleased thusfar. So today I skipped working out, since my feet and ankles kinda hurt from going from NO workout to 3 solid days in a row. Gonna recover and relax, play me some video games.

Look at today's stash from Sam's Club, only cost me $30:

20130719_111458.jpg

That's a full week of food for $30! They were serving blueberry samples. Lady asked if I wanted one. Of course, I'll take 2! :o Lady and I had a great conversation about weight loss, and natural foods. Some people have asked about my juicing. Here's the stuff I juice:

20130719_112852.jpg

Using my Breville juicer:

20130719_112905.jpg

And it makes about this much. Three big glassfuls:

20130719_113421.jpg

DAY 4 - 314.6 lbs

Almost lost 6 lbs in 4 days. I'm very pleased thusfar. So today I skipped working out' date=' since my feet and ankles kinda hurt from going from NO workout to 3 solid days in a row. Gonna recover and relax, play me some video games.

Look at today's stash from Sam's Club, only cost me 30:

That's a full week of food for 30! They were serving blueberry samples. Lady asked if I wanted one. Of course, I'll take 2! :o Lady and I had a great conversation about weight loss, and natural foods. Some people have asked about my juicing. Here's the stuff I juice:

Using my Breville juicer:

And it makes about this much. Three big glassfuls:

[/quote']

Dang sounds like your doing great!!

I'd luv a 'daily menu/Recipies' if I've got time

I think it's great what your doing. I don't like when other negative people input their opinions. I think this is good because the surgery is the tool and dieting is what makes it work. You can gain your weight back by eating the wrong foods. At least your smart enough to get those natural nutrients..

Dang sounds like your doing great!! I'd luv a 'daily menu/Recipies' if I've got time

Thanks!

Breakfast: banana, 5 strawberries, slice of pineapple, 3 handfuls of organic spinach, 30 calories worth of coconut Water into a blender

snackie: banana and my coffee. later I'll drink my veggie juice

Lunch: handful of grapes or an apple. maybe a handful of peanuts

snackie: banana, my veggie juice after 30 mins

Dinner: small bowl of salad or a banana. Or an apple. I avoid my huge smoothie this late, cause it's a ton of food.

Late night: banana if needed. Normally I don't. But sometimes I'm just very hungry.

At least your smart enough to get those natural nutrients..

Yeah I'm reading a book on how processed foods have been bio-engineered to be maximum addicting. Screw that crap. I have an addictive personality, so those things start my bad habits going strong. Best to avoid all of them.

And before fire and cooking, what did mankind eat? FRUITS AND VEGGIES!

Thanks!

Breakfast: banana' date=' 5 strawberries, slice of pineapple, 3 handfuls of organic spinach, 30 calories worth of coconut Water into a blender

snackie: banana and my coffee. later I'll drink my veggie juice

Lunch: handful of grapes or an apple. maybe a handful of peanuts

snackie: banana, my veggie juice after 30 mins

Dinner: small bowl of salad or a banana. Or an apple. I avoid my huge smoothie this late, cause it's a ton of food.

Late night: banana if needed. Normally I don't. But sometimes I'm just very hungry.

Yeah I'm reading a book on how processed foods have been bio-engineered to be maximum addicting. Screw that crap. I have an addictive personality, so those things start my bad habits going strong. Best to avoid all of them.

And before fire and cooking, what did mankind eat? FRUITS AND VEGGIES![/quote']

Cool thank you

Glad to see you going strong. How was your weigh in today?

DAY 5 - 313.4 lbs

(actually was 312 something this evening, but we'll count the 313.4 since that was early morning)

Had my usual smoothie for Breakfast, and then a banana/coffee a little later. For lunch I was in a hurry, so had a banana + handful of peanuts. And then for dinner I went to a barbeque restaurant to attend a hypnosis lecture (don't ask). Not a lot of raw food at a barbeque restaurant, I just want to point that out now.

So I had a choice of a salad, some sides of green Beans (no doubt laced with sugar), and finally a raw baked potato. The salad was HORRIBLE. Filled with chicken, all sort of cheeses and everything I didn't want to jam into my body. Plus they used the cheapest possible lettuce you could find (the nasty big sections of iceberg lettuce that you never eat).

Baked potato looked rotten, like it was sitting under a heat lamp for the past 3 hours. Ewww. I tried to take a picture so I could post here, but the guy gave me a dirty look.

So green Beans it was! I got a double serving but only ate half, which filled me up for a long, long time. Not 100% raw but at 91 calories and 5g of fat, MUCH better than that nasty (FIVE HUNDRED calorie) salad for dinner choice. Plus it's natural food so hey - what can you do. And then the guy sitting next to me kept sucking the rather startling amount of excess snot in his nose loudly into my mouth/esophogus, which rapidly reduced my appetite.

The creepy part was this girl carrying around a basket of rolls and bread. When people were exiting the line, with a roll already on their plate, she was offering an EXTRA roll. And people were TAKING IT. Zomg.

Next time I go out to eat, gonna just get some Water and take a couple bananas with me.

photo-thumb-60355.jpg?_r=1372895828 Hey girl, hey! Actually went out into public tonight, so was late. :)

Thanks for kkeping up your posts! Keep up the good work ;)