Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 day, 100% RAW FOOD challenge

Starting weight: 320 lbs.

I replied to everybody in the original thread. Fruits and veggies are unhealthy? You guys crack me up.

SAM's Club opened at 7am' date=' and I was right there for a big haul!

Breakfast

Look at those lucious strawberries, fresh mangos and plump tomatoes. I had to wipe the drool off me before checking out. So I came home and made a banana/spinach/pineapple/strawberry smoothie:

LUNCH/DINNER

I got hungry at 1pm, so had a few yummy grapes. And then at 4pm I drank a ton of my freshly juiced cucumber/celery/apple/orange drink.

Around 7pm I'll have a big salad and then drink the rest of my juice until bed.

Walked for 45 minutes on the treadmill. Now my kitchen is GREEN:

[/quote']

And what do these stats come out to? Calories? Protein? Carbs?

And what do these stats come out to? Calories? Protein? Carbs?

No idea. I'm not counting anything.

Try adding some kale to your green juice mix- lots of nutrients, not much taste.

Sounds like a great day.

I think for a long term plan, adding dairy, nuts and Beans would round out this type of food plan but for 7-30 days, it's a great detox of processed foods, chemicals, medals, etc.

Op-quick question, do you mind sharing your weight loss history post sleeve? What did you start at and how low did you get and did you regain after a certain period?

I lost 60 lbs in 40 months eating raw a few years ago. I felt better than I ever had in my life! My hair DID fall out but my hair is falling out now at 4 months so...

Actually op, you've inspired me to get back into juicing. I think this is the thing that's been missing. I just don't get my greens.

Op-quick question, do you mind sharing your weight loss history post sleeve?

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/25771-one-year-through-the-trials-of-hell/#entry217877

I lost 60 lbs in 40 months eating raw a few years ago. I felt better than I ever had in my life! My hair DID fall out but my hair is falling out now at 4 months so...

Actually op, you've inspired me to get back into juicing. I think this is the thing that's been missing. I just don't get my greens.

Just curious, is 40 months correct or did you mean weeks?

I just started juicing to get better quality nutrients and am just replacing Breakfast with green juice (cucumber, kale, green/yellow apple, celery and lemon) and doing another juice for snack (beet root, purple cabbage, grapes, red apple and blueberries)

I still get my Protein in without any problem

That was a great post. Thanks for sharing. You had a lot of momentum in that post so I was just curious what transpired from oct 2011 until now. Did you stop seeing results, did your eating habits fall back into less healthy choices?

Are you going raw to get yourself refocused mentally and physically?

'au contraire mon frere'

I never said they were unhealthy! I eat veggies

EVERYDAY!!!

This is not a good plan for the newly sleeved though...

Don't worry Laura, the newly sleeved me is not so silly to start this now, just looking long term... I know it will take 6 months to fully heal from the assault committed to my belly and Protein is key. I just plan on drinking green extracts (no fibrous parts) at first and then progress to whole veg drinks as a supplement to my diet.

That was a great post. Thanks for sharing. You had a lot of momentum in that post so I was just curious what transpired from oct 2011 until now. Did you stop seeing results' date=' did your eating habits fall back into less healthy choices?

Are you going raw to get yourself refocused mentally and physically?[/quote']

Yes, what happened? Why weren't you able to lose all your weight?

Did you stop seeing results, did your eating habits fall back into less healthy choices?

I stalled for like a month. And instead of staying focused and pushing through the stall (by keeping up the good habits), I got discouraged and started eating bad again. Then I leaned on the sleeve, knowing even if I ate poorly, I couldn't eat a lot of bad food. Progressively over time, the belt sizes creeped back in.

Are you going raw to get yourself refocused mentally and physically?

Yep it's detox time. Flush out the processed foods, the head hunger from not having my basic nutrition needs met. Plus kick start my motivation from seeing some substantial weight loss.

DAY 2 - 318 lbs

I FEEL FANTASTIC! My body is finally getting the nutrition it needs to be alive, energetic and clear minded. No more head haze for me. Kinda sore from going 45 minutes yesterday, but doing it again today anyhow. I'm walking fairly slow on the treadmill, not running nor jogging so should be fine. My schedule will be 2-3 days on, 1 day off.

For breakfast had my usual smoothie, extra strawberries and lots of spinach. Then for some snacking I made some fresh carrot/celery juice, and then of course a few grapes for lunch:

20130717_072926.jpg20130716_112435.jpg20130717_124354.jpg

dinner will be either another smoothie or a salad, with an extra banana right before bed. Getting a lot of head hunger today, dunno why.

I am excited for you. I will check in to see how you are progressing. You seem like someone who when you put your mind to it it, will do what it takes to succeed.

DAY 3 - 316 lbs.

Wow - I lost 4 lbs already in 3 days. My body clearly doesn't want me to be fat.

I started counseling today! Woo, I met this awesome counselor who lives close by and only charges me $80 per session (normal rate is $120). Really connecting to this girl, so I'm all excited about knocking out my food addictions.

Breakfast - big ol' fruit and spinach smoothie

Hit the treadmill for 35 mins

lunch - banana and a few peanuts

dinner - big ol' fruit and spinach smoothie

I didn't really snack today. Oddly, I believe my hunger is going down. For a later night snack I'm making some fresh orange/apple/celery/carrot juice in my Breville juicer! Drinking that makes you VERY full, and don't really want food for like 4+ hours. And by that time I'll be asleep!

I'M SO EXCITED and feeling FANTASTIC all the time.

I am very interested in seeing how this goes for you. Good luck.