Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 day, 100% RAW FOOD challenge

I'm doing a 30 day 100% RAW food challenge, and posting my food intake here to make myself accountable. I'm tired of low carb, 3 meals a day.

RULES:

- I ONLY eat when I'm hungry. Let my body tell me when it's time to eat.

- Consume raw fruits and vegetables only

- I make and drink a half-gallon container of orange/celery/apple juice per day

- Exercise every other day for 30 minutes

- Weigh and post in this thread every day

DON'TS:

- Don't count calories

- Don't count carbs

DATES: July 16 - August 16

WHY AM I DOING THIS

Some diets I see are frightening. 100% processed food? Where's your nutrition coming from. If one person adds a banana or strawberry into their diet today, then my job here is done. I'm simply going extreme, because I love fruits and veggies!

WHERE DOES MY Protein COME FROM

Meet Mister GORILLA:

Beans messed up my losses)

DAY 7 - 313.8 lbs

DAY 8 - 312.7 lbs

DAY 9 - 312.5 lbs

DAY 10 - 311.7 lbs

DAY 25 - 293.6 lbs

I'm confused why are you doing this? I have no interest in eating 400-600 calories a day or eating less than 20 carbs a day nor in drinking my dinner every night. I had surgery to enable me to eat like a normal healthy human being. No more crash fad diets. None of them worked pre sleeve and I have no intention of bringing my warped relationship with food post sleeve.

I will be following your challenge very closely! I am very interested to see if a raw vegan diet is at all possible post sleeve. Good luck and I hope you feel great!

I love it! I just watched that movie about juicing for weight loss and health and made myself a gallon of mean green juice (kale, celery, cucumber, green apples and lemon) and a smaller container of red juice (blueberries, apple, beet root and purple cabbage and lemon). Been thinking of doing a cleanse for a week or just replacing 1-2 meals with nutrient rich juices.

I just watched the same movie (part of my self improvement while recovering, sleeved 8 days ago). I can't wait to be cleared to drink green juices to augment my diet. But yes, I'm conflicted about the Protein source, especially for sleevers.

This dude is three years out. Though by my calculations it's two??? Yep two sorry :P

Anyways I'd say this is not something for the newly sleeved (less than a year) to try....

Just doesn't sound healthy.

Right??

It all looks well, but with a sleevers need for Protein to be complete and healthy, I see this as a potential health risk to some. I've always seen these as crash diets. The weight lost, especially in only a months time, will likely be glycogen depletion and healthy muscle mass. You've probably read that the amino acids will help supplement the protein shortage but those are incomplete aminos, they're not branched and won't complete the protein profile to help NOT lose healthy muscle mass and glycogen stores. You won't develop a major protein deficiency, but I'm curious if you plan on being active. You'll likely be getting 4-5g protein per meal, with 4-5 meals that's 25g protein on the top side. To each their own, but I tried diets like this before the sleeve, and always felt like garbage during and after until my body was back to normal, I can only imagine how horrible I'd feel with that little protein.

Dr Joel Furhman speaks about leafy green vegetables and how they have enough Protein to support all of our bodies functions without meat or shakes. Just good fruits and vegetables. I have been very healthy and eating raw since I was sleeved 7/2011. I started juicing soon after my sleeve and have continued till now. I am more healthy with organic fruits and vegetables than with unhealthy hormone GMO fed meats that they sell at the super market. I am Very Healthy!

This dude is three years out. Though by my calculations it's two???

Anyways I'd say this is not something for the newly sleeved (less than a year) to try....

Just doesn't sound healthy.

Right??

Definitely not at all worth trying for a newly sleeved person when the amount of Protein needed is so critical to overall health, it would make absolutely zero sense to try this during the first year. We're preached "PROTEIN Protein PROTEIN" and those who don't get enough protein fall out, lose hair, have poor teeth and nails, risk definitely would outweigh the reward of dropping 5lbs of fat and 15lbs and lean mass.

Dr Joel Furhman speaks about leafy green vegetables and how they have enough Protein to support all of our bodies functions without meat or shakes. Just good fruits and vegetables. I have been very healthy and eating raw since I was sleeved 7/2011.

The same Dr that bases his Protein requirements off of a 1950's INDEPENDENT STUDY from a LAB THAT PRODUCED VEGETABLES AT THE TIME that reads a human adult only needs to consume 20-30g protein a day?

Dr Joel Furhman has helped many people get healthy. Even after my sleeve, my body was sick from eating the SAD (Standard American Diet) I vowed I wanted not only to lose weight, but to achieve HEALTH. I has been a long road. Even after I lost 120lbs, I was still feeling sick. I looked good on the outside, but not on the inside. For me this is the best way of life possible. Just had my blood work results back today. My Protein is in normal range. A elephant only eats vegetation, yet is very strong and powerful. There is plenty of protein in green leafy vegetables. I am not saying this is for everyone, but it had works for me.

I am "stuck" sticking to a vegan diet post-op, & honestly, I have no problems hitting my Protein goals. I never in my life would've believed I'd be saying that, but it's true.

OP: I can't do "raw" yet as my sleeve is still fairly new, but I'm interested to see how you progress. Best wishes! :)

Starting weight: 320 lbs.

I replied to everybody in the original thread. Fruits and veggies are unhealthy? You guys crack me up.

SAM's Club opened at 7am, and I was right there for a big haul!

IMG_0781.jpg

Breakfast

Look at those lucious strawberries, fresh mangos and plump tomatoes. I had to wipe the drool off me before checking out. So I came home and made a banana/spinach/pineapple/strawberry smoothie:

20130716_070148.jpg

LUNCH/DINNER

I got hungry at 1pm, so had a few yummy grapes. And then at 4pm I drank a ton of my freshly juiced cucumber/celery/apple/orange drink.

Around 7pm I'll have a big salad and then drink the rest of my juice until bed.

Walked for 45 minutes on the treadmill. Now my kitchen is GREEN:

IMG_0773.jpg

Starting weight: 320 lbs.

I replied to everybody in the original thread. Fruits and veggies are unhealthy? You guys crack me up.

SAM's Club opened at 7am' date=' and I was right there for a big haul!

Breakfast

Look at those lucious strawberries, fresh mangos and plump tomatoes. I had to wipe the drool off me before checking out. So I came home and made a banana/spinach/pineapple/strawberry smoothie:

LUNCH/DINNER

I got hungry at 1pm, so had a few yummy grapes. And then at 4pm I drank a ton of my freshly juiced cucumber/celery/apple/orange drink.

Around 7pm I'll have a big salad and then drink the rest of my juice until bed.

Walked for 45 minutes on the treadmill. Now my kitchen is GREEN:

[/quote']

'au contraire mon frere'

I never said they were unhealthy! I eat veggies

EVERYDAY!!!

This is not a good plan for the newly sleeved though...