Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers...! Come on in and chat!

okay' date=' I am troubled. I had the surgery on Monday, and have not lost one ounce...is this normal? I am definately not overeating...rather struggling to get it all in. thanks![/quote']

Some people get that from the IV fluids & all the junk they do to you. It will drop off too.

Hang in there.

My surgery Was September 4 and so I am a little over two weeks postop. Was actually supposed to have just an outpatient surgery and ended up having to stay the night due to low o2 saturation but I was able to go home the next morning early however haven't really had any complications. I'm going to start my mechanical soft diet today. I have been able to eat about a quarter cup of time. I am still trying to get my Water and able to drink a little bit more time. Today I'm feeling a little bit shaky am not sure if I got my Protein yesterday I'm on the road traveling sometimes it's hard to keep track of everything. I don't think I got all my calories yesterday either so I will try really hard today to get my protein in today. Today I'm also having more incisional pain around or inside behind my larger incision, like when I bend over or move around.

Hi I'm new on this. I have surgery scheduled for this Friday, September 20! I'm excited and a bit nervous for the changes to come. I'm looking towards a healthier tomorrow! Good luck!

How are you feeling?

I was sleeved Monday also, I came home yesterday. I had problems drinking the potassium, it made my severe gas pains worst. I am glad to be home but I did not take in enough Protein or Water which my doctor had me start at home last nigh. My right side is giving me the most pain. It does not help I started my cycle yesterday and now I have a head cold. My mother is disabled so I am using her walker to get some exercise. I wish I was like the other people who posted very little pain or just discomfort. Lol

I hope you've been feeling better today.

I am feeling much better today. It is easier to get up and down, and have been walking around more. Doing better with the Water, but think I am falling a bit short on the protien.

I have been drinking more water but not peeing all that much more. I did notice blood in my urine, so I went for a urine culture, just to be sure. Dr. said it may just be from the catheter. results tomorrow.

Hope you are doing well tonight Sys! My thoughts are with you.

Surgery is coming up on the 25TH. Now Im sitting here wishing I hadn't told anyone. My family says they wish me luck and will pray everything goes smooth, then next conversation starts with "I sure wish you wouldn't do it" or "you don't need it" or even "you know people die from that kind of surgery"... My husband says he support me, he's been nothing but supportive, then I hear him saying he is scared for me and nervous....I have been excited all the way up until now. They have me feeling like I'm making a bad decision or what if I do die upon the table? Just confused, but I know I want this so bad.....My only two friends that I have, been working out with me, comming to appointments with me, now just to back out and tell me to really think about it! Are you kidding me! How dare them! One didn't even have the guts to call, but wrote a letter to me.....either your with me are your not. Im not about to try an convince any of them why this is important to me...I have a mind just to go on my own and not tell any of them and tell the nurses at the hospital I don't want any visitors!!

@ Roxie's I'm sept 25th also. Sometimes I also wish I only told a few!! Sometimes I'm excited but then I hear stories and I'm back to being afraid again. I'm in Gods hands and so are you! He will be with the both of us. Be encouraged:)

I am scheduled for 9/26. I'm excited & terrified but more determined than anything.

@ Roxie's I'm sept 25th also. Sometimes I also wish I only told a few!! Sometimes I'm excited but then I hear stories and I'm back to being afraid again. I'm in Gods hands and so are you! He will be with the both of us. Be encouraged:)

Yes God will! Thank you for the kind words.

Surgery is coming up on the 25TH. Now Im sitting here wishing I hadn't told anyone. My family says they wish me luck and will pray everything goes smooth, then next conversation starts with "I sure wish you wouldn't do it" or "you don't need it" or even "you know people die from that kind of surgery"... My husband says he support me, he's been nothing but supportive, then I hear him saying he is scared for me and nervous....I have been excited all the way up until now. They have me feeling like I'm making a bad decision or what if I do die upon the table? Just confused, but I know I want this so bad.....My only two friends that I have, been working out with me, comming to appointments with me, now just to back out and tell me to really think about it! Are you kidding me! How dare them! One didn't even have the guts to call, but wrote a letter to me.....either your with me are your not. Im not about to try an convince any of them why this is important to me...I have a mind just to go on my own and not tell any of them and tell the nurses at the hospital I don't want any visitors!!

That's gotta be hard. This is your time and I think subconsciously the people the closest to us sabotage us without even knowing that's what they're doing. Do it for you. You deserve perfect health! :-)

Oh' date=' I wish you all the best... I am sorry to hear that you are feeling miserable. I suppose I will find out next Wednesday myself. Take care of yourselves and look towards the days when you will be feeling awesome and thinner!!! Love to all <3[/quote']

It's almost our time!!! How are you feeling? I'm a lil nervous, more excited, but nervous lol.

Surgery is coming up on the 25TH. Now Im sitting here wishing I hadn't told anyone. My family says they wish me luck and will pray everything goes smooth' date=' then next conversation starts with "I sure wish you wouldn't do it" or "you don't need it" or even "you know people die from that kind of surgery"... My husband says he support me, he's been nothing but supportive, then I hear him saying he is scared for me and nervous....I have been excited all the way up until now. They have me feeling like I'm making a bad decision or what if I do die upon the table? Just confused, but I know I want this so bad.....My only two friends that I have, been working out with me, comming to appointments with me, now just to back out and tell me to really think about it! Are you kidding me! How dare them! One didn't even have the guts to call, but wrote a letter to me.....either your with me are your not. Im not about to try an convince any of them why this is important to me...I have a mind just to go on my own and not tell any of them and tell the nurses at the hospital I don't want any visitors!![/quote']

I agree wit Lory, those closest to us can often hinder us the most with good intentions. You got this, you know it's a step to better health. Be strong in your conviction and forgive those that mean well but don't say the right thing. We are here for you and support you. (I'm on the 24th so we will both head into our new lives soon!!!)

This is exactly why only my husband and hairstylist knows. My hairstylist had the sleeve done and they both encouraged me to put my best foot forward. I live in a totally different state from my family. Sometimes privacy is the best thing you can give yourself.

Surgery is coming up on the 25TH. Now Im sitting here wishing I hadn't told anyone. My family says they wish me luck and will pray everything goes smooth' date=' then next conversation starts with "I sure wish you wouldn't do it" or "you don't need it" or even "you know people die from that kind of surgery"... My husband says he support me, he's been nothing but supportive, then I hear him saying he is scared for me and nervous....I have been excited all the way up until now. They have me feeling like I'm making a bad decision or what if I do die upon the table? Just confused, but I know I want this so bad.....My only two friends that I have, been working out with me, comming to appointments with me, now just to back out and tell me to really think about it! Are you kidding me! How dare them! One didn't even have the guts to call, but wrote a letter to me.....either your with me are your not. Im not about to try an convince any of them why this is important to me...I have a mind just to go on my own and not tell any of them and tell the nurses at the hospital I don't want any visitors!![/quote']

Mine is on the 25th as well. I'm almost going through the same as you. My husband is not thrilled with the idea but supports me. My family doesn't say anything about it at all. I expressed my concerns with my doctor and she assured me that everything will be just fine and also said "I haven't lost anyone and during this operation all eyes will be on you, so you will be in good hands."

You want to do this for yourself only and your kids if you have any. This is your decision and don't tell them that you are going to get it done. Tell them after if you want.

You know you will be much happier when you've lost the weight and will feel absolutely wonderful!!!!

It's almost our time!!! How are you feeling? I'm a lil nervous' date=' more excited, but nervous lol.[/quote']

I'm so ready for this day to come. 4 more days now, everything is done and scripts are to be picked up today. I had my pre- op yesterday and was assured that I will be fine as I was discussing my fears. "It's on like donkey kong!!!!!!