Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers...! Come on in and chat!

Yea I passed psych. Ktodd how did you do??

I think it went great! Mine was not what I expected, more of a life history & not a lot about food or the surgery at all... Hopefully it's accepted by the surgeon & I'm not delayed!

I'm on the surgery schedule for Sept 9th too, I'm not as nervous as I was, I have a dear friend that's been talking me through the process because she was sleeved in February. She's down 70lbs since Feb, that's with no exercise strictly diet change. She's been telling me exactly what to expect, and what I need to intake to stay hydrated and energized. Also informed me of any worse case scenarios like hers, she tested positive for the H-pyloren and was kept in the hospital another night because she couldn't get her liquids down. She gave me her favorite Protein Drinks to try and premeasured cups for liquids and soft foods. I'm very glad to be out of work for 3 weeks to really invest in healing and closely following doctors orders post op.

Here's to 9/9/13! We're ready!

Hi all:) im hoping to have my surgery in sept also..im just finishing up pre surgery testing! Im really mostly nervous about post op complications:( and I have a fear of vomiting so im hoping I dont have to deal with that after surgery!!! Im having my sleeve done at north shore lij hosp in Manhasset ny:)

I think it went great! Mine was not what I expected' date=' more of a life history & not a lot about food or the surgery at all... Hopefully it's accepted by the surgeon & I'm not delayed![/quote']

Strange how different they can be. I'm nervous they will delay me I have a hernia and ulcers. I'm waiting to hear back from the surgeon to see what that will mean. My meds are 8 weeks but the surgery is in 5 :(

Has anyone started incorporating Protein Shakes in their diet in prep for post surgery? I have started but I feel so hungry!! I feel my stomach is the size of a gallon of milk lol ::cue the dramatics::and that little shake just isn't doing me justice - I am hanging in there tho' date=' but was wondering if it was just me.....[/quote']

I don't know what drinks ur drinking but it's mind over matter we all know that. Your probably hungry because u need to eat more Protein I eat nuts like almonds or Peanut Butter on a fruit. I haven't gotten my liquid diet but since I'm always putting myself on diets I have done the slim fast drinks then I will have a light yogurt and some nuts that keeps me full until dinner

I have been doing the Bariatric Advantage shakes. They are Meal Replacements and YES im hungry!! Lol..my only motivation is that I HAVE to lose 9 more pounds for the insurance requirements. . I was thinking of also trying the Protein Drink Isopure..since its clear (good for post-op) and has like 30g of protein..any feedback on that??

I use Isopure to add to green smoothies that I make with almond milk, spinach, strawberries, a banana and ice. It tastes ok to me - has lots of Vitamins and is low calorie. The recipe came with my blender.

Sep 6th here' date=' starting my liquid diet aug 6th[/quote']

What are you drinking for Protein Shakes? How many per day????

I am scheduled for September 19 in Tijuana at Mi Doctor. Staying at the Mariott. My doctor is Louisiana Valenzuela. It would be great to meet anyone else who will be there. I have a liquid diet 2 weeks prior' date=' Clear Liquids 3 days before.[/quote']

I almost choice this doctor too. I switched to dr. Garcia :-) I think we might be going at the same time though. Can someone tell me what types of Protein drinks I'm suppose to have two weeks prior is liquid diet. How many per say also???? Thanks

Has anyone started incorporating Protein Shakes in their diet in prep for post surgery? I have started but I feel so hungry!! I feel my stomach is the size of a gallon of milk lol ::cue the dramatics::and that little shake just isn't doing me justice - I am hanging in there tho, but was wondering if it was just me.....

I have been replacing my Breakfast with a shake and a snack with half a shake. I am still hungry as well. That made me vary nervous about the pre-op diet! Next week, I am going to try to replace two meals a day (every other day) with shakes!

I have been replacing my breakfast with a shake and a snack with half a shake. I am still hungry as well. That made me vary nervous about the pre-op diet! Next week' date=' I am going to try to replace two meals a day (every other day) with shakes![/quote']

I've been replacing breakfast with a Syntrax Nectar shake and I'm starving! My surgery is 9/3 and preop diet starts 8/20. No idea how I'm going to get through 2 weeks of it. Very nervous, actually more nervous about preop diet than the surgery!

I almost choice this doctor too. I switched to dr. Garcia :-) I think we might be going at the same time though. Can someone tell me what types of Protein drinks I'm suppose to have two weeks prior is liquid diet. How many per say also???? Thanks

Hi Meemee, I was not given specific about shakes to drink, just Protein Shakes. I am starting to replace some of my meals with the costco Kirkland Premier shakes and the whey Protein Powder. I tried Shakeology because it has a lot of nutrition, but had an allergic reaction. I thought I might check into the Isopure for the clear liquid days. I hope you are there the same time, that would be awesome to meet someone.

Hello, I am schedule for Sept 9 also Tijuana with Dr. Diaz I will do the one incision procedure, OMG I can't believe I am doing this, so excited and nervous at the same time. Wish you all good luck in this journey, May God give us the strength for succeed :-)

september 19th! getting really excited because my friends mom had hers on wednesday and she's doing really good in recovery. I was scared, but seeing her eased my fears.

Hi, all pre-op testing completed and scheduled for September 3rd. Cutting down on meals and converting to all liquid by August 15th. Attending monthly group meetings and reading bariatric blogs. Considering my weight and associated health problems, I consulted my doctors and received positive responses to my plans for bariatric surgery. My family is totally supportive, I am ready for my surgery, and I am committed to following my doctor's recommendations.

Many thanks to other bloggers who are sharing their stories and solutions as we fight the good fight.