Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers...! Come on in and chat!

I'm having the band removed because I've bad significant problems with it, causing 3 trips to the emergency room for stuck food-- which is one of the most painful things I have ever experienced, and included all the symptoms of dumping without have the food actually coming up ( drop in blood pressure, extreme nausea, sweating, foaming, wanting to do nothing but sleep and not being able to lay down from pain, etc.). More recently, I've simply had continual pain at my diaphragm. Dr. Performed an upper GI endoscopy and discovered my band had moved and was sitting at my esophagus which caused my esophagus to dialate. I had to have all the liquid removed from the band in order to have my esophagus heal and go back to a normal size. On top of that, I was only able to lose 40 pounds total ( of which I've gained 15 back) because I couldn't eat dense food, only slider food like chips, crackers, hummus, etc. I' ve had enough and want a tool I can actually work with. I've already given up many of the foods that we shouldn't be eating ( bread, rice, etc.) so I'm not worried about that, I just want to begin moving forward and getting healthy again! I've studied the sleeve for years and always hear that it is what the sleeve was supposed to be with great success. I can't wait!!!

September 24! Have to lose 10%first..insurance requires it! Any suggestions? 9 more pounds to go been doing the bariatric shakes and one light meal a day.

I'm having the band removed because I've bad significant problems with it' date=' causing 3 trips to the emergency room for stuck food-- which is one of the most painful things I have ever experienced, and included all the symptoms of dumping without have the food actually coming up ( drop in blood pressure, extreme nausea, sweating, foaming, wanting to do nothing but sleep and not being able to lay down from pain, etc.). More recently, I've simply had continual pain at my diaphragm. Dr. Performed an upper GI endoscopy and discovered my band had moved and was sitting at my esophagus which caused my esophagus to dialate. I had to have all the liquid removed from the band in order to have my esophagus heal and go back to a normal size. On top of that, I was only able to lose 40 pounds total ( of which I've gained 15 back) because I couldn't eat dense food, only slider food like chips, crackers, hummus, etc. I' ve had enough and want a tool I can actually work with. I've already given up many of the foods that we shouldn't be eating ( bread, rice, etc.) so I'm not worried about that, I just want to begin moving forward and getting healthy again! I've studied the sleeve for years and always hear that it is what the sleeve was supposed to be with great success. I can't wait!!![/quote']

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm sorry it was so bad!! I was asking because before I went to my surgeon I had gone to him thinking I was going to get the band and he warned me off it. You have confirmed that I am making the right decision. Thank you.

Hi everyone September 10th and super anxious and excited bit apprehensive.

Has anyone started incorporating Protein Shakes in their diet in prep for post surgery? I have started but I feel so hungry!! I feel my stomach is the size of a gallon of milk lol ::cue the dramatics::and that little shake just isn't doing me justice - I am hanging in there tho, but was wondering if it was just me.....

Has anyone started incorporating Protein Shakes in their diet in prep for post surgery? I have started but I feel so hungry!! I feel my stomach is the size of a gallon of milk lol ::cue the dramatics::and that little shake just isn't doing me justice - I am hanging in there tho, but was wondering if it was just me.....

I had the the feeling! I drank my shake for Breakfast and after about an hour I was hungry!

Tentatively scheduled for September 11th.

I'm Sept. 11 too! Where are you having your surgery?

September 24! Have to lose 10%first..insurance requires it! Any suggestions? 9 more pounds to go been doing the bariatric shakes and one light meal a day.

Hey congrats on the date!! I don't really have any suggestions other than maybe a little exercise? or carb cutting? :)

I had the the feeling! I drank my shake for breakfast and after about an hour I was hungry!

How have u managed? lol I'm drinking water... but my hunger isn't buying it.

Ok so in 34 days I will be getting sleeved and I am nervous and freaking out! I'm excited but at the same time questioning my decision. Honestly there is nothing that would change my mind. I have to remind myself that I am doing this for me because I want to get healthy and be there for my family. Losing weight to look good is also another reason but I don't want to sound vain but after you go through a period when people make fun of you because you're fat you do what you must. Sorry for venting out my anxiety on the board but I had to get it out.

How have u managed? lol I'm drinking water... but my hunger isn't buying it.

I drink Water too but you are right it doesn't help. I try and distract myself and keep busy so I forget my hunger. I don't go in for my nutrition class until September 21 so I am just watching my calorie intake for now.

Ok so in 34 days I will be getting sleeved and I am nervous and freaking out! I'm excited but at the same time questioning my decision. Honestly there is nothing that would change my mind. I have to remind myself that I am doing this for me because I want to get healthy and be there for my family. Losing weight to look good is also another reason but I don't want to sound vain but after you go through a period when people make fun of you because you're fat you do what you must. Sorry for venting out my anxiety on the board but I had to get it out.

You vent all you need, that's what we are all here for - to help one another through this life changing event :) I can relate to the not wanting to sound vain - I do want to be healthy and that is my reason for this, but the plus side is I will feel better about myself and there is nothing wrong with that. Just hang in there and share you thoughts and fears here :)

Alot of people look to be scheduled for 9/11 - so know that you aren't alone at all!!

norwoodfamily@cox.net If anyone would like to join us on Facebook please email to this address and she will be happy to add you to our group. Would love to chat with more of you!

That's weird. Because I have been using it for my breakfast and the other day lunch too and felt so dang full. I told my husband I am not sure if I will be able to drink 2 of these a day plus other Clear Liquids.< /p>

I have been doing the Bariatric Advantage shakes. They are Meal Replacements and YES im hungry!! Lol..my only motivation is that I HAVE to lose 9 more pounds for the insurance requirements. . I was thinking of also trying the Protein Drink Isopure..since its clear (good for post-op) and has like 30g of protein..any feedback on that??