Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 year out....6 months of stall

I am not sure why, but it seems as though since I have been on a stall I have been avoiding talking about my surgery at all. I feel like a failure, like this was the last avenue for weight loss and I have messed this up as well. I have not been back to the clinic to see the surgeon since the surgery and have not been in to see the nutritionist either.

Before the surgery I was able to eat far more than I do now, so I know that the surgery was successful in limiting my food intake, although it was not as much as I would have liked. I would have preferred having about half of the volume capabilities as I currently have. I take full responsibility for not making the correct food choices and choosing to eat unhealthy items such as zebra cakes and Popsicle and things that I can eat without filling me up very much and are packed full of sugars. Before the surgery, I would have chosen an extra entree as opposed to anything sweet. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes before the surgery as well, but for some reason after the surgery I have craved sweets like cakes and Cookies, things I never would have wanted before.

Those that know about me getting the surgery were very praising after I first got it and when the stall started at first they would ask me how it was going, but now they kind of don't mention it, which I am grateful for because it would make it even worse knowing that I was disappointing them as well.

I honestly do not know where to go from here anymore, if I should even bother working on dieting anymore, or if should just continue with sticking at the weight I am. I am scared that eventually I will start packing on the pounds again. My lowest since the surgery was 303 and right now I am at 310.

I dunno, I just feel lost....

I'm only 8 months out, but think that you should see the nut and get back on track. They had me add more Protein to my diet at 3 months and that helped. Find an exercise that you can fit into your day and take it one day at a time. I'd be glad to keep in touch.

Why are you torturing yourself? You know what you're doing wrong, you're eating crap. This isn't a magical miracle cure, you have to work with your sleeve. If you're looking for someone to throw you a pity party, you're not going to get it from me, and I hope no one gives it to you. You are failing YOURSELF. You chose to have this surgery, and are boo-hooing because you are not following the rules, are not following the diet, and aren't following up with your Dr. or NUT. You have already lost 108 pounds, that is GREAT! Now get off your A** go see your Dr. and start making regular visits to your NUT, get into some form of therapy, and do what you're SUPPOSED TO DO and finish this journey you started. No, it's not easy, yes you will continue to have cravings, and no it doesn't get easier.

Sorry to hear you've been stalling. We all do at some point, some more or longer than others. Its time for you to get back to basics! Revert back to the beginning, high protien lots of Water, lowfat you know the drill. Dont terhink you've fail. You have already lost an extreme amount of weight, so you know have the tools to start losing again:) Get back on track, start making better choices, you can do it, you've already proven that by the weight you have lost:) Good luck and have faith.

Being that I haven't been sleeved yet (coming up on Tuesday), all I can say is the first thing you should do is own up to whatever you've been doing (which you have admitted here), pick yourself up & move on. Please call your NUT & make an appt as soon as possible. Get back on track. You went thru so much having this surgery, please don't just throw in the towel due to a few weak choices. Pick yourself up & move on. You can do this! Look at how much you've already lost! I know you can do it, so please, be good to yourself...you deserve it!

Edited to add, do they have support group meetings you can attend? I've already gone to several support group meetings being pre-op, but the next time I go, I will be post-op. Those REALLY help! Step away from the evil Zebra cakes! ;)

I'd like to echo a lot of what has already been said here.

1 - Your medical team wants to help you, please go in and ask for help. You are not the first one this has happened to and they can help you make some adjustments to get you back on track, though I expect you already know what some of those are going to be.

2 - There are a ton of emotional issues associated with being overweight. Please find a therapist to help you strategize, provide support, and help you talk through whatever issues you may have surrounding weight. Being able to benefit from therapy DOES NOT mean there is anything wrong with you. It simply means that there are some issues that you need to work through. We all struggle with things and you're no different.

3 - My surgeon told me that the definition of a "successful" bariatric surgery patient is one that loses 100 pounds or some (50% maybe? cant remember...) percentage of their excess weight. You've lost over 100 lbs according to your ticker, so by definition, you are successful. Hold on to that. Remind yourself of how far you have come, and get back to some of those strategies that have allowed you to lose that 108 pounds.

Call your clinic and make a new start Monday morning. Think back on all those reasons that you had this surgery and remind yourself of each and every one. Write them down and read them everyday if you need a reminder. You can do this! You already proven you can be successful!

Good luck

Go see your NUT - they are there to help you. Don't feel bad - just draw a line under what has been and concentrate on what will be - and great going on losing the 108 pounds!!!!! that is a fantastic start. Well done!!!

I am not sure why' date=' but it seems as though since I have been on a stall I have been avoiding talking about my surgery at all. I feel like a failure, like this was the last avenue for weight loss and I have messed this up as well. I have not been back to the clinic to see the surgeon since the surgery and have not been in to see the nutritionist either.

Before the surgery I was able to eat far more than I do now, so I know that the surgery was successful in limiting my food intake, although it was not as much as I would have liked. I would have preferred having about half of the volume capabilities as I currently have. I take full responsibility for not making the correct food choices and choosing to eat unhealthy items such as zebra cakes and Popsicle and things that I can eat without filling me up very much and are packed full of sugars. Before the surgery, I would have chosen an extra entree as opposed to anything sweet. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes before the surgery as well, but for some reason after the surgery I have craved sweets like cakes and Cookies, things I never would have wanted before.

Those that know about me getting the surgery were very praising after I first got it and when the stall started at first they would ask me how it was going, but now they kind of don't mention it, which I am grateful for because it would make it even worse knowing that I was disappointing them as well.

I honestly do not know where to go from here anymore, if I should even bother working on dieting anymore, or if should just continue with sticking at the weight I am. I am scared that eventually I will start packing on the pounds again. My lowest since the surgery was 303 and right now I am at 310.

I dunno, I just feel lost....[/quote']

Ok...draw a line and start over. If you email me, o will send you the sleeve bibles. You need today to start eating healthier and not the CRACK foods. You need a minimum of 90 grams of Protein a day. Drink water! Start walking and using weights light 15 reps 3 sets. Here is your starting plan. Now it's up to you to do it. Work out with someone so you can be accountable!

Thank you, well most of you....... I have long dealt with depression and anxiety and at times my anxiety got so bad after the sleeve that I could not leave the house let alone go to see the NUT or support group.

I called and left a message for the NUT yesterday and am sure they will call me back tomorrow. I know what it is that I need to do, and I have known all along. I know that I am lucky to have had the surgery and it is up to me to make the right decisions and make the sleeve work for me, by working to do the right thing by myself. I think I put too much stock in the surgery being the thing that fixed my weight problem instead of reminding myself that it is only a tool, no more.

I need to start writing down what I eat everyday as well as identify why I am eating it(head hunger, heart hunger, or tummy hunger) and making better food choices that are low in fat and sugar and high in Protein.

Btw 920AMY I was not asking for a pity party, more reaching out after having hidden myself and my issues for so long. I thought what the forums were for, to be able to reach out to others that may be dealing with the same thing you are. You have no idea what people here might going through both with weight loss and other issues.

I have been dealing with fertility issues, being put on fertility meds and recently had to get taken off because I am going in this next week for surgery to do a biopsy on something the doctors believe could be cancerous.

I would suggest taking others feelings into consideration the next time you decide to judge others on this site with you negative comments and instead try to be uplifting and helpful. I am not asking you to sugar coat things, but I definitely believe that your message would be far more effective if you would work on the delivery.

Wishing you all the best on your biopsy Kellie.

Kelli, you have done great so far! Over 100lbs in a year that is awesome. There is nothing else out there that can do this for you. I believe you have it in you to make it to goal. Pull yourself back up by your bootstraps and start over. As for the biopsy my prayers are with you. I wish you the best and great success, keep us updated and let us know how you are doing.

Kellie I find myfitnesspal (mfp) a great app for monitoring food intake, I use it before eating something so that I know what that choice will have on my calorie/fat/protein intake. Give it a try.

Try not to beat yourself up, you have come far on your journey, you stopped for a refuel but now is the time to put your foot down and complete the trip.

Hang in there Kellie! I know what its like to struggle with fertility issues. Took me 61/2 yrs to have my son. It is an emotional roller coaster. Just keep your head up! I agree, my fitness pal is awesome!

Thank you everyone!

I had my biopsy on my jaw bone a few days ago and am just able to start eating semi-solid foods again. Surprisingly still haven't lost any more weight other than 1 lb. but I am making far better food choices now. I don't know if I will ever be fully able to never eat another cookie again, but at least I can make it a rare occurrence as opposed to an every day thing.

I am eating more broiled chicken and veggies, and less take out. I know that this is something that I have to do for myself and not count on the sleeve to do it for me.

Thank you again everyone. It felt good to open up about what I was dealing with.

Hi, I was sleeved in August last year, I had alot of weight to lose. Started at 347, Now I'm 212, down 134lb's. I was "stalled" since April at around 222, that dreaded stall. Then I looked at what I was eating/drinking...I was essential in maintenance mode. I was eating "normal". Anything in moderation, as I looked close I realized that I was so close to where my surgeon wanted me to be (any weight with a 1 in front of the number he was thrilled) I decided to really buckled down and give myself the chance to be successful, then I could go back to eating "normal". Last Friday, a week ago I started divas basic boot camp, I'm down ten pounds, carb beast is tamed, I know I can do this and now I'm tl giving myself the chance! You can do this too! The first couple days are the hardest because of the sugar cravings but you are worth this opportunity, you are worth this! Search divas basic boot camp, if you need any help please ask our support for that matter. Good luck!