Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I mentioned this to my mom (I'm still young - 19 Monday) and she also said the doctor told you just liquids blah blah but ill try to go out and buy some . The past day in a half I've just been moody and sad and crying for no reason ugh

I was moody and cried a lot too. Found out or was the pain meds my dr sent home found that!!

I was moody and cried a lot too. Found out or was the pain meds my dr sent home found that!!

Lets try this one again lol!

I was moody and cried a lot too. Found out it was the pain meds my dr sent me home with.

My first 2 weeks was Clear Liquids, sugar free Jello, clear broth and Popsicles, no Protein. Hang in there it gets better.

For Protein I have been drinking Isopure Water. I bought the powder you mix to make it thinner 1 scoop with 8 oz water and it gives you 25 grams of protein. I do it 3x per day. Then I do the rest.

I had surgery Monday the 8th and I have to be on Clear Liquids until Thursday , that's a week and 3 days ... I'm going insane . Then ill probably be on full liquids for another week . How come people are already having puréed food before even a week post op . I'm so jealous . It's making me depressed and I even cried over it .. I think the liquids are getting to my head . Needed to vent

Hang in there Nagem. I felt that way yesterday. I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and have to be on a liquid diet for 3-4 weeks post op per my doctor. Including the 2 week pre-op liquid diet, it has been a little over a month for me and these last 2 weeks have been the most challenging. The head hunger is real, and the emotional and mental aspects of this journey (in my opinion) are the real war! I went to Sams club with my family and did fine while they ate pizza and snacks(not really my vice), but when we got home, I could have sworn that a roasted chicken wing spoke to me and invited me to eat it( :rolleyes: ), and I must be honest, I did. I chewed on it and chewed on it. I intended to spit it out, but for some reason, I swallowed instead(habit). Just the sensation of having something solid was great, but I paid for it an hour later when I threw up after trying to get my 2 oz of dinner Soup in. Well I learned my lesson. Stomach just can't hold what it used to and if I try to jump ahead of myself, I will pay for it.

Just know you are not alone in this and thank you for posting this! I felt soooo alone yesterday!

Maybe if I had

just posted here, I wouldn't have had a conversation with that silly chicken wing!

My Dr. also told me not to worry about the Protein the first week. The concern was avoiding dehydration. Then I tried the shakes (every kind imaginable) and couldn't keep any down. So literally until I could do mushy foods I had no Protein.< /p>

I never did get dehydrated, but know I lost out when it came to protein. I'm still working my way up.

Less chance of leaks and post-op problems the longer we are on liquids... 4 wks total for me post-op, 2 wks down. It sucks!! But, I'm toughing it out! Good luck!

I also had surgery the 8th and I eat everything but ver very little

I'm almost 3 weeks post op and on purees since last week. My diet progression same as you. I ate a lot of homemade mashed potato Soup.< /p>

You should have seen a nutritionist, and they should have outlined for you an exact meal plan to help you!

I was on liquids for 3 weeks post op and I had to quit smoking 2 months before surgery...I know it's really hard but hang in there, your stomach is healing and can only handle liquids right now..I don't know why other surgeon's plans are different, but I would stay on the safe side and go with what your Dr recommends...My Dr said the worst thing you could do in the first few weeks is vomit, and trying to eat food so early could make you do that...hang in there, it will all be a distant memory before you know it!

Well said Kari.