Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes, it was Cathy! Kinda low key for me. I did have a good lunch with my daughter and "grands" after Church which is always a treasure. Hope all the other "Moms" had a good day. When/do you two on the other side of the pond Celebrate?

We had our in March

I am finally down to 2 lbs. I'm still not down to where I was before my son's baby was born. I think this is a lesson to me not to go crazy just because I'm not around a scale.

I practically have to fast all the time to lose. My metabolism is really slow. It feels really good to be back to the gym.

We're having some nice sunny days so I'm going to try to do as much as I can outside and get some exercise that is NOT in the gym.

Denise, good to hear your getting back on track, wish I could do the same. I'm pathetic at the moment and getting nowhere. All my own fault no one else's!

The best metabolism boost for me is to just keep moving. Go to the gym but ALSO walk, run, play, ride...it is so hard when you have a desk job!

Also, certain types of working out are much better metabolism boosters. High intensity/shorter duration seems to help me.

My biggest problem is my appetite is way up. I am trying the ppi (finally!) and recognize that part of this is that I spend so much time with Michael that my normal eating routine is disrupted!

Sheryl, you and Michael seem to be getting on REALLY well.

It's true..I went away for a spa weekend with a girlfriend starting today and he said "what am I going to do without you for 3 days?"

I am really happy

Sheryl, you and Michael seem to be getting on REALLY well.

This is just like it was before getting the sleeve. I can lose a couple lbs but i can't keep it off. I really think it's one of the medications I'm on.

Today I had to take a pain pill and I didn't go to the gym because my back was absolutely killing me. I guess I worked out too hard yesterday.

I am struggling too, but I have to say "no way" on the statement that it is just like presleeve. I am fighting with the 160s when I would rather be 150 (or a dream in the 140s) ... presleeve this fight would be happening in the 275-300 range and regains would be huge, not 10 or 15.

I have to assume it is similar for all of us. I remain grateful for my sleeve!

In my case, I am having too much fun and not focusing enough on clean eating and working out and tolerating some hunger... sigh

This is just like it was before getting the sleeve. I can lose a couple lbs but i can't keep it off. I really think it's one of the medications I'm on.

Today I had to take a pain pill and I didn't go to the gym because my back was absolutely killing me. I guess I worked out too hard yesterday.

Hello all... sorry I haven't been around. Such hard times here in sunny Wales, but getting through one day at a time.

Won't bore you with the details, but I really am in a funk at the moment - trying to get through it and I am sure the sunny side is just around the corner.

Hope you are all well

x

Hello all... sorry I haven't been around. Such hard times here in sunny Wales, but getting through one day at a time.

Won't bore you with the details, but I really am in a funk at the moment - trying to get through it and I am sure the sunny side is just around the corner.

Hope you are all well

x

Praying things get better for you, Coops! Life can throw us some curves I know. Hugs and . ❤️. Yep, "the sun will come out tomorrow..."

@@coops hope things get better soon. Always willing to listen if you want to vent.

I got a bunch of weird news yesterday, put me in a slight funk. Went to Michaels for dinner, one of his friends was there. They argue about politics and everything for sport which I am usually up for. M was in a bad mood and it wasn't a nice debate, it was not fun. after about 2 hours of the negativity I decided to just go home. I wasn't mad, just not in the mood for it. I felt so bad because his friend left and M was so concerned that I was leaving angry. I wasn't angry, just worried about the bad news I'd gotten earlier combined with the aggressive discussions' just wasn't up for it. I don't want to mess up a good thing over one bad day, So I took a deep breath and we sat down together and talked. He is a pretty strong personality kind of guy, but the expression when he thought I was offended... Makes me think he is falling in love with me and I don't know what I think about that. I feel unsettled.

My bad news is a company re-org that will likely affect my job AND finding out by accident that my 27 year old needs a heart monitor only he hasn't told me why. I am trying to not worry.

I still really haven't lost anything . When I said it was just like before surgery, I didn't mean the weight was the same. I meant the losing is the same. I can lose a couple of lbs, but I can't keep it off.

On a happier note, I found a guy on Mach.com so I decided to make a profile. I barely made it out and put my picture on there, and he messaged me. He had paid extra so I could answer his message without paying. We messaged back and forth some on Match and he gave me his email address. He's definitely looking to settle down. He was married for 21 years. We've

exchanged emails all day and he's going to call tomorrow. He wants to meet right away. he's my age, and he's really cute. He's an artist. I've seen his art on his profile and he's really good.

I know it's stupid bc we haven't met, but I haven't been this excited about someone in a long time. He has everything on my check off list.

Wish me luck. I hope he doesn't care that I'm slightly heavier than that picture.

Denise, glad you are excited and I hope it works out as you have confided in us that you really do want to meet someone special who you can spend time with.

Sheryl sorry you are having such as stressed out time. It's horrible when our children are a worry to us - we would do anything to take away their worry/pain/sorrow... Why does the thought of Michael falling in love with you cause concern? Are you just after a light-hearted relationship, if so does he know?

Kim you must have returned from your trip to the UK (Scotland by now), how did it go and did you come across any dietary horrors? Haggis I can do but I was thinking of deep fried mars bars (google it).

It is a public holiday here on Monday so lots of people have a long weekend so the roads are very busy leading to holiday destinations. I'm staying home and only venturing out on Tuesday when they are all back at work. I'm Very lucky as I have a weeks break from work as it is half term.

Happy weekend everyone.

@@UK Cathy Monday is Memorial Day, it's a big holiday weekend here too!

I probably don't have a clear answer. So far he is the best boyfriend I have ever had. I have strong feelings for him. When we first met he shared his whole life situation and there is a showstopper issue for me. Showstopper in terms of merging our lives together. I told him that then, we had a short conversation in those early days and haven't discussed it since.

@@Oregondaisy hope you enjoy meeting this artist you found!

My son went to a new doc recently. They found his resting heart rate was 30! They measured again, still 30 and EKG found some irregularity. Later, his heartrate was normal. He is meeting cardiologist today' guessing he will get a monitor.