Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is everyone? I'm plugging along. I am being very realistic with my fasting etc. I am eating very clean and low carb as much as possible but allow myself a decent snack a day like popcorn or Atkins low carb bar, SF pudding etc. I reached the 20 pound make today and I can definitely feel the difference in ME. Once I gain control of my eating habits etc I feel much more comfortable with ME if that makes sense. Less depression/irritation and overall sense of well being returns. So weird but so true. I'm glad I stuck to it and persevered since Spring and Summer on the way I know I will feel much more energized.

And it helped me know that I CAN do it. You know you get that sinking feeling that I can't lose weight, etc.

Spring tomorrow and our lovely warm weather went somewhere else! Have a freeze warning for tomorrow morning and Sunday morning. Still going to be in mid 50s but the 70s and 80s were a tease this past week!!!

Happy weekend, All! Coops, any better?

New puppy...the wookie. ..along with my suzy baby. I love dogs and this really cheered me!

Both of course rescues (although suzy had good care just no training or handling until I got her). Bella a true rescue...found on an Indian reservation and was scooped up by a rescue organization because they use little dolls like her as "bait" to train their fighting dogs. Horrible. ..so glad there are people who care so much!

post-122684-14584282374981_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App

They both look so cute Sheryl, I presume the newest one is the little brown one - looks like Bella is a Yorkie or has some Yorkie in her. Funny enough my (Ellie) was originally named Bella. We saw her in the dogs home when she was 4 months old and we all fell in love with her and the boys chose the name Ellie but when we got her paperwork it seems she was called Bella by previous owner, she will be 13 in May and her body is ageing fast. Rescue dogs are the best, loving and loyal, I think they know they have been chosen and given another chance by people who really want them.

The weigh in was not good today but it was totally expected as I have been with relatives/friends for the past 5 days. Weight up 2lb and wallet down £25 (from races), pity it couldn't have been the other way round with weight down 25 and wallet up 2!

Where is everyone. I'm the birthday girl today and feeling lonely. [emoji853]. Just off to the theatre to see Mama Mia for my birthday treat.

Happy Easter ladies!

I am spending it with my new beau and his friends...very nontraditional!

He taught me how to swing a golf club y yesterday...we went to the driving range. He is a great golfer...he was better than anyone at the range. He was a firm but patient teacher..it's harder than it looks. I have only known him just over a month but developing a little crush - it's fun, like dating should be! Why has it taken me so long to find just a nice smart easy to be with, athletic, good looking man? Anyway, not sure it will goanywhere...but enjoying the ride. :)

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App

Happy Birthday Cathy!!!!

How was Mamma Mia?

Where is everyone. I'm the birthday girl today and feeling lonely. [emoji853]. Just off to the theatre to see Mama Mia for my birthday treat.

Happy belated birthday, Cathy!! Hope you had a good day! They sneak up on us, dont they??

I'm sorry we missed your birthday Cathy. I hope you had a good one!

Sheryl, nice to hear you finally found someone you like. I hope it does go somewhere. Which site did you find him or did you meet out and about?

I've been depressed and binge watching tv. I just get so sick of my life.

Mama Mia was amazing, whole audience up dancing and singing by the end.

I'm up in Scotland visiting SIL this week and then with mum next week as I get a new bathroom installed for her next week. I'm lucky that I get a 2 week break from my job. No weigh in as no access to scales though I am mindful that clothes are snug.

I survived the no alcohol for lent and I actually felt better for it. Hubby and I both realised we enjoy wine too much. Going to restrict it to 2 nights a week and restrict the amount too.

Cathy I would love to visit the UK someday..your mention of Scotland reminded me. I need to pick your brain to make Plans. I would do this as a solo adventure and think it would be pretty fun!

Sorry you are depressed Denise. What has you down? On the bright side, your back is better, spring is here, you have great kids and grandkids! Honestly if it were me, I'd move closer to them. I am such a social creature I fear I'd die of loneliness if I didn't see them and my pals constantly.

I will send you a message when I have more time about my dating experiment. It worked really well, but don't know if it will where you live. Michael is super fun. I don't think he is going to be a life partner, but I think he is going to become a good boyfriend. We don't have lots in common except our basic personalities and intelligent conversation passion. He mentioned that he loved how I mingled and talked to everyone at Easter. I hit it off with the people there and genuinely enjoyed it. He taught us how to play craps (gambling game) and he is very entertaining. Steven 2.0, only less "out there". Truth is, I have a strong personality and just do better with strong men...even if he is another one of those crazy right wingers. :) We actually had in depth chats about death penalty, abortion etc without anyone getting all pissed off. It was great!

My weight is"ok" -I am at 156, under goal but about 10# over where I want to be. I have to admit, it is a positive affirmation to date men who think I look like a goddess the way I am. :)

It is hard when everyone around me is so much smaller. I continually remind myself that I have a big frame/big build and nothing will change that.

In my youth I was very hurt by remarks about having wide shoulders - built like a football player (American football). I have recently recieved compliments on how atttractive my arms and shoulders are (wearing a top that shows some shoulder skin, but no cleavage). I am trying to form new "tapes" in my head about how my appearance is perceived. As a girl, it seemed the whole universe expected females to be waiflike (remember the heroin chic look??) and I know that just isn't true - even though it was pounded into my brain that I was always too big.

Michael brought up out of the blue that he is attracted to alot of different"types" as long as they are fit AND have curves. He told me skinny women are a turnoff. It shouldn't matter what another person thinks, but I am trying to use that messaging to just kill, once and for all, those inner negative messages.

I know I am not fat, and and I don't really look great skinny (did that in 2014 by accident) -just accepting , no embracing, the wonderful assets God graced me with is the challenge of 2016.

I'm near Aberdeen with family, it is the industrial part of Scotland (oil) the pretty part is the Highlands where I have never been.

Hi everyone! How are you all doing?

Spring has sprung around here - I did my first horseback ride since December! I did an hour long walk with doggies too - I was exhausted! I could barely lift my saddle. My conclusion is that 3 months of laying around has made me quite weak, no endurance - but at least my life is returning to normal.

I made a big mistake buying a container of ice cream about a week ago. It was an impulse buy and I have of course eaten it myself as my sons buy their own junk food. I need to learn the lesson that I have no control with certain foods and just can't have them in the house.

I want to weigh 10# less and I bet I would if I would just cut out these occasional de-railments (Easter candy!) and wine. sigh. As I said, I am pleased with my current weight, even though I would like to be a bit lighter.... mostly I don't like the icky feeling I get from ice cream and junk food. Life is better when I completely abstain.

Do you all ever read the "articles" on this website? I keep getting sucked in and most of them aren't very good. They have this pscycologist writing a bunch now and I feel like she has a personal agenda... curious what you all think.

Sheryl, not sure why you think you look "big!" From the pics Ive seen I don't get that impression at all. I'm 5'7/8" and weigh about 160 right now after really cutting back and getting extra off. I'm like you. My real goal was and is 150 but everyone tells me that I do t need to lose anymore and look like a "hag" "Wrinkled" "old" at that weight. Sigh. Who knows. Like you I feel so much better when I abstain from junk.

Denise, I've been there. Sometimes we just get down and don't really have a good reason other than the "what's the use, poor me" one. THATS when I tend to junk eat so being back on a routine has really surprised me. I feel so much better emotionally. Not totally out of sorts and hangry!! [emoji16]. Like Sheryl said, maybe plan a trip to see the grands or just a fun trip. Enjoy the sunshine. Life is short at our age. Hahahaha!!!!!