Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sheryl I am so on the same page as you re work and having no energy, albeit for different reasons. I still feel absolutely rotten! I went to the doc Monday, had bloods taken today and go back to the doc tomo. I just feel so ill! Doc said prob a flu virus and boy, it is ripping me apart. I haven't felt like this for a very long time (even post op(s) I had more energy... all i want to do is sleep... my steps are down to under 1000 a day which shows how my energy level is low.

I was sent home from work Monday and I am unsure whether I will return this week unless something drastically changes.

I'm doing a bunch of meet and greets too. I'm talking to 4 different guys. I've had to write notes so I don't screw up what they tell me. The one today lives 80 miles away and comes here to play indoor tennis every tues. he's big into fishing. He's from Santa Cruz CA where my ex is from.

I'm excited to meet David who lives in Portland and likes to dance. He knows how to swing and do the Hustle , both of which are really fun dances. I'll meet him when I go there for my DIL's birthday in a couple weeks.

I just wish I could meet someone close by so I could try for a real relationship.In the meantime, I'm pretty much starving myself and working out. I'm hoping to be under 145 tomorrow.

I always take echinacea when I feel crumby. It seems to help. Also have your blood levels checked. Low B12 or Iron makes you really tired.

Coops, I hope this virus goes away and you start to feel like your old self.I remember once when I was really sick and could not get over it, they took a sputum culture and it was type B flu. It turned out I needed a different antibiotic.

Sheryl, I wish I had some words of wisdom to help you feel like your old self too. I've heard of acupuncture helping the healing process. What do I know.

Did you see my post about the second most painful experience..ever? Spent the night in agonizing pain and vomiting...from a kidney stone. Never had a n anything like this - it was so intense! Apparently the vomiting is caused by the severe pain. It isn't over though!

Prior to that I had a drink and dinner with a man that I really liked. I am so rarely attracted from the get go, but I am to him. In the past, I would have dropped all efforts toward others to focus on him but I am not doing that. He told me I am something of a new type for him...that he seems to pick "crazy redheads" but I struck him as a bit more "two feet on the ground". Hmmm...we shall see. He is a well travled, well spoken attorney. 10 years my senior, but I am telling you so many single 50 year old guys are just messed up.

Kim, how is the riding going? Are you building self confidence?

Coop! So sorry you are feeling bad, the flu has swept through our school, and when it catches you, you are down for the count until it lets you go. Sheryl, the kidney stone was recent? I have never had them but know those that have and it sounds like living hell! My right knee and left arch are doing an "old lady" on me. I just got braces for them both because I just cant stand limping around and the thought of having to give up dance. That would be hell! I wore them both to class tonight, and maybe it helped some. I will have to use them for a while and see if the pain changes. They sure are UGLY. I havent been on the bike for 3 weeks..... I was going to go out last sunday, but the knee and arch were acting up... I probably could have ridden ok, but if I dropped the bike, no way I could have gotten it back up alone. Craig and his mom are going to fly in on Sunday pm, so probably go out with him soon if the weather holds out. Thanks for asking. My anxiety was so loud and crumby, mostly noticeable when I wake up in the morning.... I have been using more magnesium, oiling myself with sesame oil ( Tibetan medicine) and a list of other little things... when I went to the Tibetan Drs when I was living in India, they told me I had a "Wind disorder" One of the recommendations to avoid the problems that come with that (anxiety) is to avoid standing on cliffs in the wind! Well one morning I was feeling like crap, and I remembered that warning... and had to laugh.... being on a motorcycle is more than a little like standing on a cliff in the wind. I'm working on it.... felt better this morning.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/362162-the-second-most-painful-experience-of-my-lifeomgthis-was-bad/

Is the link to my current nightmare. It's 1am, and I am awoken by the pain. Loaded up on the IB and percaset, still hurts like hell. They warned me I may be back in ER for the pain...damn, this smarts of an epic proportion. I had no idea I had an issue until about 24 hours ago.

So Tuesday night I had Chinese food. I normally avoid since it is greasy breaded, gross. My date suggested I try this place which was quite good. He and I split an entree -see I like this guy already - and so when I first awoke I thought I had greasy MSG gross food cramps but quickly realized this was a whole nother ballpark of pain. I thought I'd been poisoned, possibly stabbed with a knife from the inside.

Kim, anxiety is a complex condition. I definitely believe certain activities and situations are triggers. There are alot of small things that provide some relief. Compression garments like a Spanx cami can help for example. Deep breathing exercisies. Many people swear by vigorous exercise but there is evidence that it tends to amp anxiety up over time.

Tough day...worked while high on percoset. I let the pain get to bad and started vomiting and crying about midday. Thank goodness for mute button and percoset. Now exhaustion and need a nap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App

Sheryl sounds like you are having a bad time {HUGS}. I've never had anything like that but we have a student with kidney stones at the moment and he seems to be in a lot of pain. I've heard that the treatment to break up the stones, so that they can pass naturally, is very effective. I hope you can get that soon. Keep us posted.

I have to laugh...lately my life has been a country western song "if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all"

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App

Georgia,

I didn't realize we were so close in age. I always feel like the old lady in here.

I'm also 62... 63 in june.

I started to say, Denise, there are at least THREE of us in the "60s" club!!!

Dear Gussy! (Southern slang) Sheryl, Coops and Kim, hope y'all have a BETTER weekend. Pain and sickness free.

Well, i did get an appointment with the doc today. At the moment, I am pain free, but i feel weird and gross.

I have gained like 8# in a week. Some of it was probably from endless eating, some of it from the IV fluids, some of it from the bloating (my tummy is distended!). i just really need to be back to normal. This probably sounds odd, but it is like I am beginning to feel vulnerable. My self image has been of good health, but i don't feel that way right at this time. I want to return to regular exercise, and an active energetic life. Right now, i feel like a slug. At the moment i am not drugged on pain meds, but I have been the last few days due to the kidney stone. It makes me think of how lucky we are to normally have good health, to not be addicted to drugs that make you feel crappy etc. The contrast is striking.

I have it in my mind that as soon as I am past the kidney thing, it is time to step it up in some other areas. I have already been very good about Vitamins, healthy consumption (in general) but I need activity to thrive. I am not depressed but it has become kind of a habit to hang out on the internet and watch netflix instead of living life due to these health issues and i am tired of it.

It's Mothers Day today in the UK (Mothering Sunday is official name and it falls on the 4th Sunday in Lent). I told both boys not to come home as I will see them soon for the Cheltenham festival. Well they defied me one turned up last night unannounced and the other was sat at the table when we went to the restaurant today. It was a lovely surprise and I feel very loved today.

How lovely for you, Cathy! Nothing makes a Mom feel happier than being shown how much they are loved when we least expect it!!! Happy MOTHERING DAY! [emoji1]

Any improvement. Sheryl?

Happy Mothering Day! I love that name. Do you know people are using the term"adulting"? Like my sons have had a series of adulting lessons lately - they've never had to be the one taking someone to hospital, and watching them experience unpleasantness. They are mid 20s, about time! :)

I had an unplanned fast day yesterday. I ate one partial small Greek yogurt, a piece of toast and then swigged a Protein Drink overnight. I am still bloated as check - I look about 12 weeks pregnant. I weighed 159, down from a few days ago but way up from the 153-155 range i have been in recently. I am bloated, constipated and generally miserable although right now pain is in control.

I have needed alot of pain pills and you know what, besides Constipation, they make me moody. No wonder addicts are so cranky.

In between bouts of unpleasantness, good things are happening too. I almost hosted a small gathering yesterday but my excessive pain caused a cancel. I consider it progress that my house is back to reasonably clean and I FEEL like being social.

It's Monday - where are all the Monday checkins??