Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will post my thigh picks if the right one ever heals...I am over being depressed but it has kicked my effing ass. I am 5weeks post op, I went for a slow and easy 1 mile walk on tues and had to take Wed off work. Yeah, I am not healed yet ...it's incomprehensible to me...I guess I had been so lucky before. Denise, this is like your back stuff, took forever and a day, and we lose so much ground.... but, we can reclaim it! My primary personal goal for 2016 is fitness!

That blue/print dress is like my surefire "date" dress! It is comfy too, but I usually wear it with dark hose because I get self conscious I guess. I only wear it for an evening dinner date...

Georgia and Denise I finally braved the measuring tape..my waist is 2" bigger than it was at this same weight. I think it is the working out...sigh...soon, I am back to kicking ass and taking names!

Weekend plans everyone???

Thanks for the pep talk all. Did my second fast today. Went alright. down 2.5 pounds...water Water everywhere! The 5;2 really helps me dump water quick! its one day at a time for now. I sure miss that "normal" look! I think I can get there again...

Thanks Georgia for the compliment on the photos... I just want to share the lovely things I see when I'm out and looking at nature. It is so thrilling!

My kids are here for the weekend. My daughter is throwing a shower for my DIL. My son and his wife are expecting another baby girl in April. I wish so much he would be able to have a son, since his dad died when he was 3.

They are naming her Aria James. My son wants her to have his name as her middle name, and I think it's cute!

My granddaughter brought her girl scout Cookies and I ate the whole box of thin mints over the evening. I just wanted them gone, instead of calling my name for days. I am not going to weigh myself until Monday. I am going to force myself to go to the gym on Sunday.

Thank you for the words of encouragement Georgia. It's so scary that gaining is so easy and losing is so hard, even after WLS!

Sheryl I'm so sorry to hear your thigh is still giving you so much trouble. Sounds like your attitude is great though. I agree! fitness for 2016 for all of us!

A grim week for me... no fast day completed properly, I did do two low cals days but not enough to see a 'loss'. Mid week I came down with flu type symptoms and they are now making me feel really ill. My glands are hurting, neck underarm and groin areas... all I want to do is sleep. Not sure if I am going to manage fast days next week if I keep feeling like this but I will try.

Coops, bless your heart! Hope you feel Better quickly. Upper respiratory crap is very bad here. I've been Hacking my lungs up for 3 weeks. Went to dr a week ago and got shot, breathing treatment, inhaler and meds. Hasn't helped much yet. Don't worry about the fasting right now. Your body needs to recover right now.

Thanks Georgia, all I can think of now is rest and sleep ... I am dreading work as I am finding it hard to concentrate. My glands hurt when I stand up for too long too. Hopefully symptoms will clear up in a a day or two. It is sweeping around her too, so I know I am not alone! x

@@Georgia @@coops hope you two get to feeling better. sleep and good nutrition..and Netflix are what the doctor ordered!

@@Oregondaisy girl scouts.. the little temptresses deliver their crack...err Cookies right to the door. A few years ago a brave little girl made it to our front door in the country. I had to buy 2 boxes but unbeknownst to me it was the presale. So by the time she comes back, I am not home and my 2 son's devour them...really as a public service so I would not have to binge eat them. What is it about them ad self control flies out the window?

@@feedyoureye keep up the momentum, feels good doesn't it.

@ukcathy tomorrow is our weigh in day....it does not bode well that I have been going out over the last week....so I am expecting a little bounce. ...

I am finally enjoying life again.

Georgia and Coops hope you are both on the mend.

Weigh in this morning and it is 3lb down - so happy. So a total of 6lb for the month. I'm keeping meals real simple, NO wine, upped Water and it is working. Just like they told us it would if we stick to the rules.

Another trip north today to see mum and tomorrow I take her to first appointment at memory clinic. She thinks we are trying to put her in a home when the opposite is true, we want her to stay in her house but we need help to do that. To get the help we need some sort of diagnosis hence the memory clinic.

Hope everyone is fine and you single ladies please hold off asking anyone to marry you today!!

Monday is weigh in day... I am up 3# since Saturday! i seriously over ate all day long on Sunday including eating a bunch of pie (my skinny son brought home). What the heck? i don't know who this MarionBerry person is - but she shouldn't be allowed to bake pies! I guess I don't have a very tight sleeve because I ate 2 pieces after dinner - no problem. grrr..

i think i might fast today - but I am at 156.4 and no appetite yet this morning!

Cathy, that is Awesome! We can do this!!!

Coops, here's to a better week!

Denise and Sheryl, two words -THIN MINT! Can't have them around. Can't resist them! . But I'm into CAKE. I don't know what it is but last year or so it is a craving! Never was a bigger until now. LOL. I just don't bake and try to avoid but if I'm somewhere and there is a dessert, I will have a slice and make up cals somewhere else hopefully.

Was down another pound on Friday so that makes 18 since Jan 2. It does feel good to be productive right now. I just want to be slim and "in charge" for Spring/Summer plus at 62 I've got to fight the health things that sneak up on you like diabetes 2, blood pressure if possible. I'm convinced you can only do so much. Your genetic mapping just comes into play regardless sometimes.

Happy Monday, All!

@@Georgia That is an incredible rate of loss given you are so close to goal!!!

I've been lucky to be able to lose once I make up my mind to REALLLY get firm with myself. It's just bad junk habits that get me over the long haul.

Georgia,

I didn't realize we were so close in age. I always feel like the old lady in here.

I did well fasting today. I hope to see 145 tomorrow again. I did well Sat. when we had a ton of junk here for my DIL's baby shower.

My back has been hurting more. I wish I could get the x ray in March and not April . This dieting could really be messing up my fusion. :( I have to do it though. It's too depressing to have half a closet full of clothes I can't wear. And I have no pants to wear. I have an extra dresser in the guest room full of pants I can't wear. :(

Georgia,

I didn't realize we were so close in age. I always feel like the old lady in here.

I'm also 62... 63 in june.

Okay, day 3 of eating too much - this is killing me as i don't know why I am so hungry! I am not binging, but hungry and eating probably 1/3 again more than normal. I suspect it is an emotional trigger i haven't recognized.

What doesn't help is I am 6 freaking weeks post op. When i had my big surgery 2 years ago i was cleared to restart at the gym. i emailed doc sunday with my current situation and he doesn't want me to do much more than i am doing since I have a little swelling and discomfort. I feel like.. big dramatic sigh... i will never ride horses again! Also, I am just too tired. i am usually a fireball of energy and now I am more like a furball of energy....would rather hide under the sofa than lead the charge.

I have some new assignments at work where I am leading the charge and it is sucking the life out of me...lol i was just complimented on how I ran a meeting (I am new to project manager an existing crisis team that is not making progress) - i was pulling teeth to just get people to engage as they are so burned out. It comes naturally to me, but it is also an energy drain to have to provide the enthusiasm for the whole crew!

I have also just started up a few meet and greets - hoping to find a summer boyfriend if nothing more... it has gone great so far, but, i recognize some mixed feelings in myself that might be contributing to an unconscious desire to eat and bury my feelings. I want a fun boyfriend to do stuff with, i want a good sexlife and really miss it - but damn, i am not sure I really want a man in my life in that serious kind of way. this is a fairly new revelation for me that i am trying to reconcile in my own heart and mind.