Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@Oregondaisy Let me get this straight..You are vegetarian but don't like vegetables? I can only take so much raw and plain. My favorite ways to eat veggies are part of a salad and roasted. Roasted vegetables are out of this world. You might try some different things like that.

162.2 this morning. My"goal" for the week was to be down to 162, so I will take it! I am losing a slow 1# a week but I am really noticing the difference. My clothes fit better and I am getting hit on several times a week. I am in a non dating mood BUT I am always trying to figure out what weight suits me best so I consider that a certain type of feedback. (Never seems to be from guys I would even consider though.) i have such damn skinny friends (like 5'7" and 115#) that I always seem huge by comparison. Anyway I am aiming to get back to 150# which gives me some bounce room to stay under my 158# goal.

Remodel is progressing...new floors this week.

Hi ladies,

Lots of news lately - had started a great new job and had to leave it one week because I could hardly walk - long story short - I will be having a total knee replacement on my left knee in about 3 weeks. Not looking forward to how long I know this one is going to take to heal from, but lookingforward to hopefully walking and exercizinf pain free for the first time in a long time.

Sheryl, I am not a vegetarian. I never have been one. My friend practically had to force me to go to this discussion on plant based eating. They said there that many illnesses will go away with this type of eating. I know I could never eat this way. I love dairy way too much.

Sheryl, did you say that show In Treatment was on Netflix? I can't find it. Netflix says it's unavailable. I am disappointed. Did you watch it on Amazon?

I'm trying to eat better and cut out the cr@p. I can't stand the way my clothes fit.

Kellly, I'm sorry to hear about your knee. Just think though, it will heal and you will be so much better off. That's my hope for my back.

Oh bummer. I am going to hip doc on Friday to get my prognosis. Went to a different plastic surgeon on Monday regarding breast issue and she has a different recommendation. Tough decisions for me now.

Hi ladies,

Lots of news lately - had started a great new job and had to leave it one week because I could hardly walk - long story short - I will be having a total knee replacement on my left knee in about 3 weeks. Not looking forward to how long I know this one is going to take to heal from, but lookingforward to hopefully walking and exercizinf pain free for the first time in a long time.

In treatment probably is Amazon, I keep getting them mixed up. I liked it alot.

I don't eat much dairy...had ice cream last night, a very rare treat, and I have a tummy ache this morning!

I think plant based eating is a terrific idea for many reasons. I still need my Proteins but I do eat alot of unprocessed plants - veggies in particular.

Sheryl, I am not a vegetarian. I never have been one. My friend practically had to force me to go to this discussion on plant based eating. They said there that many illnesses will go away with this type of eating. I know I could never eat this way. I love dairy way too much.

Sheryl, did you say that show In Treatment was on Netflix? I can't find it. Netflix says it's unavailable. I am disappointed. Did you watch it on Amazon?

I'm trying to eat better and cut out the cr@p. I can't stand the way my clothes fit.

Kellly, I'm sorry to hear about your knee. Just think though, it will heal and you will be so much better off. That's my hope for my back.

Have you guys followed the 2 1/2 weeks out and can eat anything thread? This is what makes me want to quit this site sometimes. She knows everything and those of us telling her some basics are irrelevant. Can you imagine stuffing 5-6 ounces of tuna in just 2 weeks post op? I know protocols are evolving...but still.

I have been developing a theory that many obese have emotional issues- not sadness from being overweight but underlying issues. I think many are prone to anxiety (like me) and I can't explain the wacko stuff written in that thread (and others) without thinking that the underlying anxiety and whatever..is just overpowering for some. I wonder if it has been studied if people do better post WLS if their anxiety or other issues are treated.

The main dairy that I love is cheese and Greek Yogurt. those would be hard to give up.

It would be nice if produce lasted longer. In order for me to eat a lot of veggies, it means going to the store often. I hate grocery shopping. I could eat frozen but they taste icky to me.

I don't understand Amazon. I need to figure it out because I am paying for Amazon prime and I never see anything on there. I watched one season of Girls on there, when I was still going to Bill's house, but it made me mad that they didn't have more seasons. Are all Amazon shows like that, where they only show the first season. I have it on my smart tv but I am not sure if I have to do something else to get the full benefits.

I haven't read that thread, but someone must have made her way too big of a sleeve. There is no way I could have eaten that much when I was first out. Dr. Pompa is known to make her sleeves way too big.

I watched multiple seasons of In Treatment. Amazon is like netflix, they don't have the most current season of a show. Except for their original series...

Search for a show called "Sneaky pete" it is JUST a pilot episode but I think it is a new series coming to Amazon. I saw a couple of pilots for different shows that looked promising.

So, on that weird thread.. maybe she did get "too big" of a sleeve. Imagine only 50% of her stomach, instead of 80-85% was removed... isn't it still crazy to be eating big quantities 2 weeks post op? And to totally disregard the advice she asked for because she doesnt see how it is possible that acid can feel like hunger etc etc. Anyway, she struck me as a person who is pretty wound up/anxious and perhaps even uninformed.

@@Chimera been thinking about you and your "skeletal issues". How is that knee? Do you have a surgery date?

I had a good meeting with a new orthopedic doc. Besides being super cute and young looking (he is 36 - says something about me that a 36 YO looks like a 26 YO to me!) he has had both hips replaced himself! I think I found a doc I can work with! He says my x-rays indicated "moderate" arthritis but xrays don't show how tore up the cartilige is so not really a final indication. We talked about a plan... how to get me back doing the things I love. He is "guessing" i can go another 3-4 years before needing replacement! I found out that one of the key causes of the pain is my muscles have bound up to protect the joint. My hip flexor is super tight so certain activities cause muscular discomfort. In addition, I have relatively weak gluts. I knew that - I have a skinny ass and the PT had told me it is weak. He told me that if I need PT again to get started, fine, but just like him I need a lifetime habit of keeping my muscles flexible AND strong to manage my joint issues. I imagine I will see him again in a few months for another injection.... but It cheered me immensely to feel like I have someone that relates. I don't want to become disabled again (I felt disabled by my obesity and it gives me anxiety to think about being like that again!!!)

I'm back. It appears I just dropped out for a couple of weeks. I did go camping in Yosemite for 4 days, and again to an adventure motorcycle conference (camping again for 3 days) just over the hill from Yosemite valley in the home of the "Mother Lode", Mariposa. I got back 3 pounds heavier, at 199.8.... what a shock.... at least it wasn't 200! I got onto the 5 day sleeve test right away and have lost 5 pounds in 4 days... hope to keep up some better habits.... Hubby wants to lose 50 pounds... he is a newby weight losser.. and is glomming onto all the crappy weight loss plans like God is talking to him. He wants me to go along with them, but I really have to do it my way after trying so many diets in my life.

Sarah, so happy to hear the promising news about your dad....

I love hearing about the knees and the hips.... my knee is going off..... the cortisone shot is mostly worn off... I think I will try the lube shot next... and my dance teacher is ramping up exercises to get my supporting muscles in better shape, bless her heart!

Florinda, you must be sipping coffee right now, on some ancient street.... having fun?

Sorry I have been gone so long... Cathy, Coops, Denise, Sheryl, Kelly, Sarah, Florinda....

Crazy news? Im going to take classes to get my motorcycle license next week. One step at a time... if I feel ok about it, confidente, I will take more lessons, then prep for some adventure motorcycling... maybe to Alaska. Adventure. I never thought I would do this, and here I am doing it. At 62. Go figure!

@@feedyoureye Glad to hear from you! What kind of motercycle do you have? I thought about it as a fun way to travel and explore but I HATED that last Harley ride i did....

Craig is going to get me a Suzuki DR650, which is suitable to use as an adventure bike. If I really like it, I will get a "personality" bike, like maybe a classic Moto Guzzi or something like that. The DR650 has almost a cult status among some groups... a reliable and easy to ride work horse, on road or off.

... by the way, where is the post about the 2 1/2 weeks and I can eat anything at?

Omg...I must be edgy because the crazy on these boards seems to be exploding.