Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi gals!

I've had a bit of computer trouble so hopefully it is fully repaired now - hoping your MRI goes well Sheryl - I had to have one on my knee soon after my sleeve surgery and I told myself I was glad that I did not have to be inside the machine because there was no way I would have fit. Luckily, it doesn't take too long.

Thanks for the nice list Kim - I should save that and add my own to it. I like cleaning, organizing, labeling things - I think it is a stress reliever for me because it gives me some semblance of the illusion of control over one area of my life. Checking things off lists makes me feel like I am accomplishing something - even if they are silly things. I had a therapist years ago who considered me very ocd with my writing things down and checking them off and tried for a long time to break me of the habit - I think it only served to make me feel even more freaked out and vulnerable than I already did (I have pretty much always felt very unsafe in the world growing up with a raging sexual/verbally/physically abusive alcoholic stepdad and checked out mom.) I know that I will work on all of this stuff until the day I die and it still wont be resolved :)

Florinda, you simply have not met the one yet - I kissed hundreds of frogs before my princely man game along, and by no means are he or I perfect, we can all find someone to love - I did not think this was possible for a long time. I never thought I would find happiness and just when you least expect it - it can arrive. I can completely identify with how you feel - I have been there.

I survived... could have used more Valium though.

I always have to drug myself when I have an MRI. The ones on my spine seem like they take forever.

Florinda I wish you weren't so hard on yourself. You have to keep telling yourself that you're doing your best and that's all you can do.

Don't feel bad about not finding love. I am going to be 63 in October and I am still looking for it. I have friends that have been with their husbands for years and years, and all I've had are bad relationships ever since my husband died in 1987. At the time, I always think the relationship is good, but the good never lasts.

I am afraid to get on the scale tomorrow. I am going to try to start 5:2 on Monday. Now is a good time to diet, while there is no man around trying to feed me.

I must accept that the "Prince" may not come along, I must not see myself as a passive being who requires rescuing in order to be happy. I must not hinge my personal happiness on acquiring Romantic Interest happiness. I cannot tie my worth to the romantic interest of men, in me.

I had a show open on Saturday, one of the pieces was a commission but instead of taking all the money for myself, I had the patron pay the gallery instead, so that they could get a cut, the gallery is a co-op and non-profit. So it's official, I'm a "real" artist - I feel like framing the receipt ;)

212 this morning and pain under my right rib line, I think it is Constipation but why would that discomfort be that high up?

The intake people lied and said it would only be 12 minutes. Then it was 20 minutes... in reality it was 40 minutes of . Even though the valium was super strong, i still had some anxiety. I wouldn't have made it without the valium though! Glad it is behind me.

I don't believe in Prince Charming. Best i can tell, the males in the world are terribly flawed individuals just muddling their way through the world... same as us.I would argue maybe not as well as we are muddling through... This sounds really really bad but i am just hoping for a guy who doesn't drag me down. If he bolsters me up, makes like better - awesome! but my expectations are low. Actually, at the moment I am just staying away from expections. I have been seeing Dan exclusively, not because I feel like I am in an exclusive relationship but rather I don't have time or even desire to meet others. It is going good, but I doubt it will be permanent. My friend Mary keeps pushing me - why aren't I more enthusiastic etc etc. I finally had to tell her to back off - don't need this "pressure" to find Mr Right. There is no Mr Right, just deciding what works in my life...

Just got a call regarding my MRI. No evidence that implant is leaking... but filled with Fluid in the "encapsulation" that needs to be drained and sent to a lab for analysis. Good news, unlikely I need a new implant, bad news... still no freaking idea of what is wrong.

Hi ladies...

I've been reading but not posting - not much to report here, except that manic time before you go away on holiday!

Glad the MRI results are good... hopefully the worst is behind you now you know that the impants are leaking. Keep us posted Sheryl.

Kim, you always have wise words... I too should print them off...

Florinda, I wish there was something I could do or say, I have tried to find words of wisdom, but they either sound too cheesy or fail me. Anyway, I think you know that I am thinking of you.

So, we are going away tomorrow for a long awaited holiday... been a tough year so far in one respect or another, and we are looking forward to doing very little for 2 weeks. There are 19 of us altogether... 13 of them are already there, we are the last troop to go. Never been away in a big group before. The other familes are staying in a different apartment to us, so if it does get to much at least we can 'go home'. I have bought two new bikinis... gonna be brave a strut my stuff - someone once said to be 'fake it whilst you make it' and that is what I am going to do...lol.

I have been working on self acceptance. Part of me thinks that at 44 I should just let loose and go for it!

Anyway, if I can't get onto the boards whilst I am away... I am thinking of you all xx

Enjoy yourself Coops, we will be looking forward to pics of you rockin' your bikini!!!!

Coops I'm off on holiday too tomorrow. Kevin and I are taking a river cruise down the Rhine. He has had a stressful few months so a relaxing holiday is on the cards. I don't have any bikinis to wear, the thought just makes me shudder. But you coops you have the figure for it, so go get em girl. Come back lovely relaxed and brown.

I must accept that the "Prince" may not come along, I must not see myself as a passive being who requires rescuing in order to be happy. I must not hinge my personal happiness on acquiring Romantic Interest happiness. I cannot tie my worth to the romantic interest of men, in me.

I had a show open on Saturday, one of the pieces was a commission but instead of taking all the money for myself, I had the patron pay the gallery instead, so that they could get a cut, the gallery is a co-op and non-profit. So it's official, I'm a "real" artist - I feel like framing the receipt ;)

212 this morning and pain under my right rib line, I think it is Constipation but why would that discomfort be that high up?

Congrats girl! Selling art is righteous livelihood!

Hi ladies...

I've been reading but not posting - not much to report here, except that manic time before you go away on holiday!

Glad the MRI results are good... hopefully the worst is behind you now you know that the impants are leaking. Keep us posted Sheryl.

Kim, you always have wise words... I too should print them off...

Florinda, I wish there was something I could do or say, I have tried to find words of wisdom, but they either sound too cheesy or fail me. Anyway, I think you know that I am thinking of you.

So, we are going away tomorrow for a long awaited holiday... been a tough year so far in one respect or another, and we are looking forward to doing very little for 2 weeks. There are 19 of us altogether... 13 of them are already there, we are the last troop to go. Never been away in a big group before. The other familes are staying in a different apartment to us, so if it does get to much at least we can 'go home'. I have bought two new bikinis... gonna be brave a strut my stuff - someone once said to be 'fake it whilst you make it' and that is what I am going to do...lol.

I have been working on self acceptance. Part of me thinks that at 44 I should just let loose and go for it!

Anyway, if I can't get onto the boards whilst I am away... I am thinking of you all xx

Bikinis! That is great! I haven't worn a bikini in 45 years! Have so much fun.... and do take pics!

I may be going to Scotland next year... my husband has family there in the old family "manse"

The plot thickens... PCP says that there are blood vessels feeding the alien invasion in my right boob. Biopsy is tomorrow. .. it is actually getting scarier

Sheryl, Hugs, hoping for the best possible result for all of this to be resolved.

Hope all of you going on vacation have a wonderful time. I am really glad I went to Chicago. I had a great time and great weather. I see on face book now they are having hail storms. I guess I left just in time.

I am babysitting a big standard poodle. He's a lot of fun. He's very well trained. I like having him here. I have a big fenced back yard.

I am communicating with a couple guys on the dating sites. I paid the money for professional profile help. They sent me an email with a lot of questions that are hard to answer.

Big poodles are awesome dogs - so smart and funny.

Hang in there Sheryl, hope everything goes okay with the next step and the biopsy.

Have a great time on holiday ladies! I just got back from Cancun and had a fine time traipsing around in my swim suit - though I dont think I have tried a bikini since my age was in the single digits - nowadays there is simply too much flappiness going on in that region to be allowed out in the sun free of strong spandex :)

Awesome on the art sale Florinda - that always revs up my own art motor when I sell a piece of my own work. scale is hanging out in ther same spot- egads I think I am going to need to start really sweating again to make the scale move some more.

Dan has a brother that lives in Scotland. They are of scottish origin - big tall dudes with big beards - that family seriously look like they jumped out of the cast of Braveheart...haha.

Anyway, it would be a very awesome place to visit!

I may be going to Scotland next year... my husband has family there in the old family "manse"