Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Indeed you look fabulous! I love your hair - you look stunning :)

I created a new little document to track my measurements over time - I had been entering it in a small paper journal, but have run out of room. I added a column for notes/behaviors/activity - of course the topics I usually avoid when I have fallen way to the wayside of the healthy track.

Thanks for that link Kim - I am going to try the Keto thing - (this honestly sounds way more fun than Whole 30 lol - my family would NOT be on board with something that austere) but meat, eggs, cheese - those are things we will all eat. I am about 197 (cringe) right now and here is what that calculator gave me for macros at a 30% deficit - which they say can be hard, but I can always adjust it down. Also set it to sedentary - I know myself and I slack on the exercise as much as I do Water - so anything over sedentary is a bonus.

Daily Calories

20 g. carbs

90 g. Protein

91 g. fat

It says to maintain - my cals would be 1794 - which is right in there with what the machine at my surgeons office says, which had me at 1800 something - though I think my lean body mass was higher - this regain is astonishing in how "flabbaliscious" all the extra fat is - its like I have a new outfit filled with Jello or something :)

Hope you guys are doing well and hanging in there - love ya!

Kim, love the 19th century tart stockings!!!!

Weighed this morning - 214.6 so, perhaps this higher fat thing is good? You know how malicious my body is so I won't believe this is legit until I've either maintained it or slid down at least 5 lbs, then I'll believe.

I am not following... how is this calculator any different? I mean if I was trying to have less than 50g of carbs, about 80g of protein... everything else is fat. That is more or less what the calculator says too...

Well I do believe that the Keto means that it will send you into ketosis - the optimal state for burning fat. I know that when I did strict old school Atkins induction (1972 Atkins - which is essentially carbs at zero) I drop weight like crazy.

Of course the first 10 lbs is always the burning up of glycogen stores, and the Water they require. It is a difficult state to stay in for me - I managed it pre-op for two weeks (my surgeon has his patients do Atkins for liver shrinking, no liquid diets or anything like that. I lost about 14 lbs in those two weeks. The nutritionists at my surgeons office always say there are NO essential carbohydrates - our bodies will make what it needs from other macros.

Interesting that the calculator says if yo have too much Protein it can send you out of ketosis - probably not an issue if you don't have a lot of excess adipose tissue to burn.

I just think it might be interesting to try it and see how I fare - I know that this type of eating helps squash my sugar demons pretty effectively and I like the types of food - I have never tried to up the fat so much though, it has always been so protein focused, if the calories stay around 1200 it should be interesting to see how the scale responds and how I feel. I struggle with pretty severe eczema and allergies - getting the sugar and processed stuff down should hopefully help those issues.

So, I have to admit, I have had a terrible week. I am the first to admit, it is alot of feeling sorry for myself.

Bottom line I am facing some health issues and I feel just overwhelmed by them. I won't bore you with the details, and alot of other people have been through worse but i feel so alone right now. I have been separated from my ex for few years now... and times like now i wish I had him in my life. Pity party

So, I have to admit, I have had a terrible week.  I am the first to admit, it is alot of feeling sorry for myself.

Bottom line I am facing some health issues and I feel just overwhelmed by them.  I won't bore you with the details, and alot of other people have been through worse but i feel so alone right now.  I have been separated from my ex for  few years now... and times like now i wish I had him in my life. Pity party

:( sorry dear.... you know you can ALWAYS let us know whats going on if you need/want to.

Yep let it all hang out cowgirl, it's what we're here for :)

My garlic mayo is just straight off Google - one egg yolk, a pinch of salt and pepper, a tsp of dijon, just enought Water to thin it to your desired consistency, and a whole lot of the oil of your choice. I happened to have a garlic olive oil so I used that. The trick is to drizzle the oil in the finest thread and continuously, while whisking steadily without stopping.

I have no idea how much fat I should be taking in on a Keto diet but for the three days I have been doing this I have been at about 40+g and my carbs are in the 20s and my Protein is between 70-90.

Kim, I love your picture!

Sarah, I am with you on Lipstick! I don't have any idea who she is, and like you said, we barely have time to post what's going on with us! Sitting here and discussing someone I don't even know is a ridiculous thought!

Sheryl, I totally understand these health issues being depressing. This surgery that they want to do on me is sounding more and more like a terrifying thought! I made a thread in the lounge and people have been telling of their experience with back fusions and I hate reading it. I can't go to the gym, I can't dance, and I can barely walk. This is from a surgery that was supposed to make me better!

I am with you on men. I really don't even care what happens with Bill and me. If he wants to go find some woman who wants to camp (heaven forbid) who is fit since I am not anymore, more power to him. I'd really like to be free to do whatever I want, whenever I want without having to consider anyone. men are a PIA!

This morning: 214.4. Either this Keto thing is working or my body is just downright malicious with a f***ed up sense of humor :/

Broke up with my boyfriend this week. He was not reciprocating my efforts. v_v

So I have a very small delimna.

I mentioned I have gone on some date a, not pushing it or working it hard at all... I like Dan who is a musician but he lives too far away and isn't as fit as I prefer. We were supposed to go to a music festival today where he plays with one act (Austin Jenke) and we were going to see the rest together. He just got back from a music gig in Nashville so spread thin (remember he has a full time tech job too). Anyway he got 2 more gigs today so it turned into a few hours not all day at this festival. He wants to see me but I cancelled...too complicated and time pressed. I fear there will be alot of this so I never visualize this becoming serious, I just enjoy his company and the music.

I had my second date with Doug last night and he wants me to give it a try seeing him exclusively for awhile. I get his point, as long as you are open to that next email it can interfere with developing anything. As I type this I am not sure why I am hesitant because I am not into anyone else and am actually not that into meeting anyone. Maybe because I feel not ready to let myself get attached? I am a contradiction because I want a summer of light fun dating.but I am never drawn to the"playmate" type.

Heck even when I did have a "playmate"(Steven who was intentionally chosen while I was still entangled with my EX) we fell in some sort of love with each other and had a heck of a time disentangling.

My kindle doesn't play well with bariatric pal...sorry.

Anyway, Doug asked me whats the highest drama, biggest problem in my life right now. I told him about some of my current health issues and he was really positive and encouraging. It reminded me of why I tend to bond closely with one person, I LIKE feeling cared for even if it isn't lifetime love. One of many things that is cool about Doug is that like me, he hasn't found true love while dating, but he's made friends. I have too and "get" that mature and realistic view of this madness.

I am going to think about it, but heck, what's a few weeks to see if we grow something, even just a friendship?

Thats what I was thinking, put a time on it....maybe 3 months.... then you can re-up if you need more time...?

I had an amazing day on Sunday. I was supposed to go to a music festival at Snoqualmie Pass and watch Dan play - about a 60-70 minute drive from my house. He wound up booking 2 more gigs that same day, all in different towns and it was a logistical nightmare. He really wanted me to keep our plans, just modify them, but I was feeling disappointed as we had originally planned on spending the whole day at the music festival together (except for the one band he was playing in). So, I declined to go given the change in plans.

I was feeling a little wound up/anxious on Sunday morning. Not over the change of plans but over my health stuff, life stuff. I wanted to get things done around my place but felt like a change in scenery would be good. So, first I went to Target and took care of some misc shopping i needed to do. Then, I decided to drop into a nearby towns little music festival that i had seen posted on one of my meetup groups. I didn't find the meetup people, but had a hoot of a time by myself. The seating was communal so i wound up sitting front row with some complete strangers and listened to some great music.

That morning I had seen another meetup put on by some salsa dancers (NOT instructors) to sort of show newbies salsa basics. It was full and had a waitlist but I decided to sign up anyway. Sure enough, but that evening enough people had cancelled I was able to go! It was really fun. In some ways, they were better teachers than instructors because they took it really slow and clear and they kept it fun.

I had a backup plan to go to a place that does free country dance lessons on Sunday night but I was too tired by then and went home!

I do lots of stuff by myself, and I admit I sometimes feel like it is pathetic... and i see other single women doing the same thing I can't help but feel that sense of "why are we alone" kind of thing. But, you know, the truth of the matter is that I don't have THAT MANY friends that want to go do stuff. Alot of the people I know want to ride horses, but not much else. And besides that, i don't want my social life to have to be planned out - and so many people plan their calendars to the last minute so they are NOT spontaneous like I am. I wish I were a better planner, but even without the last minute plans changed with Dan, i still would not have had this sketched out in detail... I am just a bit more of a free spirit about just up and doing things (this by the way, drove my EX crazy!)

Anyway, it was good!

That's what i really want too Sheryl. The ability to play it by ear. I just don't feel well and I don't know when I will be feeling any better.

You keep mentioning heath issues but you aren't saying what they are. I know you were having shoulder problems.

Florinda, I hope things keep moving right for you. If you follow the atikins way, it's low carb, 20 or less and Proteins and fats. No limit on fats or calories.

Sheryl, I make a lot of activities last minute too... I decide I want to cook, and good luck finding someone to join me, but sometimes they do, and its fun. I don't mind going out by myself, When hubby is away, or is not in the mood, I go by myself to eat, or take a walk in nature or something. It a good time to think and relax. No one to please but myself. I occasionally feel sorry for myself if I really want company, but not that often.