Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Florinda interesting theory which we should discuss once you are back!!!

Kim, sorry to hear about the decline in your Mam - sending you cwtches xx

Kim. I can only imagine. So good to. Know both u and her are surrounded by family. Cyber hugs and prayers for peace

Dear Ma passed away early Sunday morning. She was peaceful.. I was with her until around an hour before she passed. I sat up until 12:30 AM with my cousin (who lived with us for a while as a kid) and we talked memories and had some good laughs and mom was the center of most of it. They say that hearing is the last thing to go, so we included her in the conversation. She was a lovely person, her body just gave up.

I went to her house with my nephew and his partner. Moms fancy victorian music box started playing without being touched... we all felt it was mom coming through with something beautiful for us. Just like her.

I went kayaking with a good friend of mine in the evening, really needed to get out in the open after weeks in the care home and hospital. It rained which was very refreshing after all the heat. Saw juvenile river otters playing, that was so cool!

Went back to school today. So far so good... I am triggering a lot of crying in some of the students... but its good to be here today.

Kim, sorry for your loss and Im glad for you that you was able to be with her. No other words really except that I'm thinking of you.

Sheryl has just made another post about a family member passing away last night plus she has the issue of her sister's partner terminal illness, I think she needs some support too.

Sheryl hang in there. I'm glad you're reaching out and letting others on the board know you're having a hard time. I don't know the right words to say but please know I'm thinking about you.

Kim, I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. So sad. Thinking of you while you are going through this hard time. Hugs!

fye - I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a mother.

I am turned upside down right now, but hanging in there.

Kim, what a blessing that you got to be with her when she went, don't stop yourself from grieving, let it flow <3

Kim the love and support of a mother can never be replaced, but we hope you find some strength, in the love of family and in the warm embrace of friends...sending. Cyber hugs from cyber friends and real prayers for continued peace of mind

Kim, I'm so sorry for your loss but happy you were able to be with her during these times. I hope you'll give yourself plenty of loving and care.

Sheryl, I am sorry you too are going through rough times. I think you know how to take care of yourself, so please be good to yourself. Maybe you need a nice massage? I'm glad  you know we're here for you, and you know it's safe to grieve here, in what ever way you need to.

I too am so sorry to hear of such heavy losses that so many here are experiencing. Taking good care of ourselves is so important, Denise has wise words. I learn so much about self care from all of you, especially during times like these - so many times it feels like it is a skill I never learned how to do - at least authentically, for me. Medicating with food and hiding seemed to ease huge pain.

/comfort to us all. I am very afraid for when my mom leaves this world - I know it will turn me inside out forever.

Thanks for the kind words Kim - I think I am finally starting to recover from the madness of this last years work teaching.

well, they have decided that I can be "allowed" to work, so it looks like I really am going to be here in KS for another 5 weeks :( It is nearly 100 degrees and at least 50% humidity, and the commute it about 45 minutes one way :(

Kim, so sorry to hear about the passing of your mam - I teared up reading about the music box - defo a sign.   As the others have said before, let yourself grieve and take care of yourself. Love from across the pond my lovely friend x