Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Ladies. Finally the play is over and was a huge hit! My cast bought my vision to life. I felt like a proud mamma. Laughs in the right places and the songs just came off so well. I wish I had pics. I really tried to get some but the day got away from me and I didn't have a chance once it started. I was in the tech booth manning the music board and making sure the lighting guy didn't miss his cues. Everyone said they really enjoyed it. I am so glad its over. On a down note my mom has lost the ability to walk. I was picking her up Sunday for church as I do every Sunday and she littterly fell in my arms while getting her in the car. I am taking it worst then she is. I know in my mind this isn't true but I can not express how horribly guilty I feel for putting her in their. I feel like if she was still at home she would have been forced to continue to use her walker and not spend so much time in the wheel chair. I honestly thought they would give her more physical therpy but they haven't done much and now she can't walk. Legs and hips are muscles u don't use them u will lose them. I kept trying to make her use her walker more but... We are were we are. Now I must fight to get her rehab to walk again. My next focus is to get her out of there. The place is not bad no one is really to blame. But I will never forgive myself if she dies in there. Kim I have u and your mom in my prayers Everyone have a fun 4th and stay safe!!

Oh, this made me so sad when I read this. I'm sorry you are hurting. Have you spoke with the manager there to find out just what they are doing with her? How often are they walking with her? Try not to get too upset until you find out what is going on. It's hard for me to try to give you advice because you are the one that I feel is always giving others sound advice and I look up to you for that. Hang in there, pray and pray some more and I will do the same. I'm sending you a huge cyber hug!

Also so glad the play went well. I wish I could've been there to see it. You are an amazing woman!

Kim!!!! I am so very excited for you! I loved reading this and now I want to see pictures of that new car. What kind is it? Don't you just love the smell of a new car? Enjoy, you deserve it. It touched my heart when you wrote about not asking your dad for things. What a kind spirit you have. Enjoy that new car!

I hope your mom continues to improve. I hope she can get more nourishment so she can get stronger. We are going through this with my grandma and MIL. They just don't want to eat and drink enough. To make them do it is hard.

Dealing with the stress of caring for elderly recently is really making me try to focus on enjoying life in the here and now. Getting old is not easy and I want to be happy and live in the moment while I can. I'm trying to remember this each day.

Florinda, glad you made it to your new place. So sorry about the movers. Keep us updated with the progress. I don't even know what you do from here. I did see a story on 20/20 where movers will hold into people's belongings because they change the amount to something much higher than the original quote. So happy Jack is with you through all of this.

Well Ladies, today is the day! I have to be at the hospital in 4.5 hours to prep for surgery. My surgery start time is at noon. I will stay over one night in the hospital and then I'll be home sometime tomorrow. I'm very excited! I think when I get to the hospital I may start feeling a bit nervous but so far I'm just excited. I'm not looking forward to the pain but I can handle it. I keep telling myself that I gave birth to three children without using any pain medicine so I will be able to handle this. I have a feeling that many times throughout the next few weeks I will need to use my deep breathing and relaxing methods I used during labor to get through the pain.

Last night my husband took before pictures of me in my underwear. I'm excited to see what the after pictures will look like. We were talking about how weird it is to see all of the skin when I'm naked. When I put on my shape wear and clothes nobody would ever know what I look like underneath. I can cover it all up very well. Lol

So I guess today is my official last fast day for a while. A total fast, as in, nothing to eat or drink all day. Not even a sip of Water. For the next bunch of weeks I'm going to need to up my calories for healing and really focus on clean eating. I stocked up the fridge with lots off fresh fruit and veggies all chopped up. I cooked up a bunch of chicken and have lots of cheese for Protein. I also stocked up on my Protein Drink and Quest bars so I can up my protein even more than I do now.

I will update everyone as soon as I can. Thanks to all of you wonderful ladies for being with me through this crazy weight loss journey and all of it's ups and downs. Say a prayer for me if you are one who prays, if not, please keep me in your thoughts today.

Sarah, hope it all goes well. I have just said a prayer for you, your surgeon and your family. Im just going out to work and by the time I get back your op will be all over.

Brown Im so glad your play went well, you certainly have worked hard on it. If I was you I would put a call out to your congregation as I'm sure there wass lots of people taking photographs or even a video. You deserve to have a record of your achievement.

Sorry to hear about your mum, it must have been a great shock to you to realise how weak she has become on her legs. I keep telling my hubby this we must make sure that MIL walks and be encouraged to walk. Prayers have been offered for your mum and you.

Well im going to be late if I don't get a move on.

Love to all you ladiesXX

Kim!!!! I am so very excited for you! I loved reading this and now I want to see pictures of that new car. What kind is it? Don't you just love the smell of a new car? Enjoy, you deserve it. It touched my heart when you wrote about not asking your dad for things. What a kind spirit you have. Enjoy that new car!

I hope your mom continues to improve. I hope she can get more nourishment so she can get stronger. We are going through this with my grandma and MIL. They just don't want to eat and drink enough. To make them do it is hard.

Dealing with the stress of caring for elderly recently is really making me try to focus on enjoying life in the here and now. Getting old is not easy and I want to be happy and live in the moment while I can. I'm trying to remember this each day.

Florinda, glad you made it to your new place. So sorry about the movers. Keep us updated with the progress. I don't even know what you do from here. I did see a story on 20/20 where movers will hold into people's belongings because they change the amount to something much higher than the original quote. So happy Jack is with you through all of this.

I will post a pic. 2014 Suburu Limited Impreza Sports wagon... (could is have a longer name?)It is loaded, heated leather seats (it was 109 yesterday...), upgraded tires, wheels and sound system... It was so nice of him. He made the salesman include a 7 year 0 deductible service plan as well! Dad! Its his "parting gift". At 87, he knows he wont be there long to pick up the pieces for his kids...

Hi Ladies. Finally the play is over and was a huge hit! My cast bought my vision to life. I felt like a proud mamma. Laughs in the right places and the songs just came off so well. I wish I had pics. I really tried to get some but the day got away from me and I didn't have a chance once it started. I was in the tech booth manning the music board and making sure the lighting guy didn't miss his cues. Everyone said they really enjoyed it. I am so glad its over.

On a down note my mom has lost the ability to walk. I was picking her up Sunday for church as I do every Sunday and she littterly fell in my arms while getting her in the car. I am taking it worst then she is. I know in my mind this isn't true but I can not express how horribly guilty I feel for putting her in their. I feel like if she was still at home she would have been forced to continue to use her walker and not spend so much time in the wheel chair. I honestly thought they would give her more physical therpy but they haven't done much and now she can't walk. Legs and hips are muscles u don't use them u will lose them. I kept trying to make her use her walker more but... We are were we are. Now I must fight to get her rehab to walk again. My next focus is to get her out of there. The place is not bad no one is really to blame. But I will never forgive myself if she dies in there.

Kim I have u and your mom in my prayers

Everyone have a fun 4th and stay safe!!

Wanda, my mom is in the same place... after the surgery she cant walk and wont eat. Good news, dad had a fit in the hospital, called the Dr and insisted she get more physical therapy- walk and get out of bed, and he prescribed three times a day, the nurses were a bit mad at him, but it is starting to pay off... mom took 6 assisted steps yesterday... so happy to see this.

Well Ladies, today is the day! I have to be at the hospital in 4.5 hours to prep for surgery. My surgery start time is at noon. I will stay over one night in the hospital and then I'll be home sometime tomorrow. I'm very excited! I think when I get to the hospital I may start feeling a bit nervous but so far I'm just excited. I'm not looking forward to the pain but I can handle it. I keep telling myself that I gave birth to three children without using any pain medicine so I will be able to handle this. I have a feeling that many times throughout the next few weeks I will need to use my deep breathing and relaxing methods I used during labor to get through the pain.

Last night my husband took before pictures of me in my underwear. I'm excited to see what the after pictures will look like. We were talking about how weird it is to see all of the skin when I'm naked. When I put on my shape wear and clothes nobody would ever know what I look like underneath. I can cover it all up very well. Lol

So I guess today is my official last fast day for a while. A total fast, as in, nothing to eat or drink all day. Not even a sip of Water. For the next bunch of weeks I'm going to need to up my calories for healing and really focus on clean eating. I stocked up the fridge with lots off fresh fruit and veggies all chopped up. I cooked up a bunch of chicken and have lots of cheese for Protein. I also stocked up on my protein drink and Quest bars so I can up my protein even more than I do now.

I will update everyone as soon as I can. Thanks to all of you wonderful ladies for being with me through this crazy weight loss journey and all of it's ups and downs. Say a prayer for me if you are one who prays, if not, please keep me in your thoughts today.

sarah! I can not believe today is the day! It just snuck up on me... Best of luck and so happy for you. What an adventure! Thinking of you.

post-110343-0-18109200-1404222416_thumb.jpg

Sarah - can't wait to hear from you!

I am such a dolt. Spent the evening on Alki beach and I could have contacted my 5:2 neighbors to join me!

Okay me with downtown seattle behind me.

post-122684-0-88905800-1404273222_thumb.png

[ATTACH]46012[/ATTACH]

Reclining at home and noticed a comfortable gap in my new shorts. I knew this group would appreciate the excitement at realizing that all my USA size 4 bottoms fit. Wow. I was 26 or 28W pre sleeve. There was a time when I wore 32W. Hard to fathom.

post-122684-0-24325100-1404273246_thumb.png

[ATTACH]46013[/ATTACH]

How is everyone doing?

Last time we heard from Coops, she was sounding down. Are you feeling any better Coops? This weight loss stuff can be so emotionally draining. I feel so depressed when I start gaining or can't lose when I think I should be losing if I am doing everything right.

Florinda, how about you? I know your MS is reallly getting you down. It would be  so great if you could hook up with a support group in Seattle with people who understand. You haven't said if your bf is  moving up there with you.

How are you doing Sarah? I hope you aren't in too much pain.

MG I am sorry I can't remember your real  name. If someone knows the list of everyone's real names, I am going to copy it down. How is your job? Have you already started?

cathy how is the house coming along? I am so sad that my house has not sold yet and I am really afraid I am going to have to rent it. It's too nice of a house to be a rental.

Kelly, I think of you every time I spend the night at Bill's house. Your machine is completely quiet. He has his old one at my house cause it's hard to keep packing up a CPAP machine every time he wants to spend the night here. I so wish he could replace that one too.

I am up 4 lbs from goal and it's so hard to fast or eat right when even fruit makes me gain weight. I love summr fruit. It's depressing that this is such a life long battle.

Sheryl, I hope your horse is better, and that you get all this stuff with Tino figured out .

Kim, did it take you long to get the hang of kayaking? I splash Water all over myself and it's frustrating!

I'm sorry if I've missed anyone. I love you guys and the friendships we've made here.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Here ya go-

Skinniness= Dorrie
Feedyoureye= Kim
Sarsar = Sarah
MG2= Sheila
Ccjane = Sheryl
Georgia = Georgia
Uk Cathy = Cathy
Swizzly = Dee
Brown= Wanda
Globe= Florinda 
Susan= Susan

Laura-ven= Laura

Chimera=Kelley

Supersweetums= Sheila

Coops= Sue

Butterthebean= Patrick

Oregon daisy is Denise

I am still learning the Kayak Denise, but better than when I started! I just bought a double rack for the new car, so can take friends out as well. Craig and I are planning a trip to a mountain lake in a week.

Edited by feedyoureye

Hi Ladies! It's been an interesting few days. My surgeon said my surgery was a huge success. I love how he was excited as I was to have this surgery. He kept saying I was an excellent candidate.

Surgery took almost six hours. I felt like I was sleeping for only a few minutes. The surgeon took pics of the skin he removed for me. He's going to email then to me and then I'll share it with all of you. He took off 5 pounds of skin and tissue. I'm not sure how much he took out with the Lipo I forgot to ask. We were all surprised at how much was taken off.

I am very bruised in my butt and legs where he lipoed.

The pain was pretty bad on Tuesday night and Wednesday . Much better today and the worst of the pain is where they lipo was done.

I'm up moving around just going slow. He wants me to stay hunched over for the first week...come up a little every day and next week I'll hopefully be able to stand straight.

Sarah, glad to hear from you, sounds like you are doing well. I too would like to do PS but it wont happen this year, perhaps next summer.

im excited to see your before and after pictures and to follow your progress back to your normal self.

i hope you can get plenty of rest and 'me' time. XX

sarah, I am so glad you checked in with us! I'm glad some of the pain is gone at least. Hope you feel better every day.

Sarah!!! Aren't you too excited for words?? You were so lean and fit going in I imagine your results are stunning. I remember when I took my garments off for my first shower my friend cried with joy...tears rolling down her face. I visualize some kind of wow moment for you too.

Photos!

Sar Glad your doing well. Take care of yourself and not everyone else. This is your time to heal. So happy for u!