Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am glad you did it... as a mom... we need to know these things. {{{{HUGS}}}}

I "came out" to my Mom last night; with my boyfriend in the room for support, I told her about my Dx. She was very sad and in shock.

Honest opinion... which style of jeans is more flattering on me?

post-122684-0-40311700-1403198508_thumb.jpg

post-122684-0-05908400-1403198692_thumb.jpg

I "came out" to my Mom last night; with my boyfriend in the room for support, I told her about my Dx. She was very sad and in shock.

Thinking about you Florinda. How is your mom handling all of this? How are you doing? I'm so glad your boyfriend was there to support you.

Sheryl, I think both styles look great but the boot cuts look too big for you in that pic.

They are too big. They are the ridiculously oversized pants from White House Black Market - they are either 2 or 4s that wear like 10-12 :)

I just tend to think that in general the big wide bootleg makes me look even shorter legged than i am. I am 5'5" and that height is all in the torso...haha.

Hard but good. You can stand together now.

attachicon.gifJune 18 wearing bootcut.jpg

attachicon.gif20140614_164836.jpg

Skinny! If you had some slim bootcut... snug through the knee, a slight flair to the break, just big enough to get over your boots. A nice cuban heal and pointed toe look awesome too....if your foot shape can handle it... I wear a pair almost all the time....

Skinny!!!!!

As a Mom, I would be devastated to find out my baby girl had been struggling alone. So glad you told her. Now it frees both of you to be honest and help you going forward.

Plastics update!!!! I wanted to type this before but didn't have time. Yesterday I met with my surgeon again and this time my husband came along so he could ask any questions he had and put his mind at ease. He's afraid I'm going to die. Funny thing is, that thought hadn't even crossed my mind. Anyway, we went over exactly what he is going to do in more detail than my original consult. Standing there naked, pulling and stretching my skin all over! lol I thought of more questions and he and his nurse answered them. I love this surgeon. He seems like the type of surgeon that is going to take how ever long it takes in the operating room to do just what I want .He really listens to what I have to say and is trying to shape my body the way I want it with realistic expectations. I think of him as an artist! I'm very excited. Surgery is set for Tuesday, July 1st...2 weeks! I need to be at the hospital at noon. The surgery will take 6-8 hours and I will be having a Tummy Tuck and lower body lift. He will do some Lipo on my saddle bags and anywhere else he thinks I need it when he gets going. The first week after surgery my husband and boys will be here to help with anything I need. The second week they will actually be gone camping but I have family within a few minutes of me so if I need anything they will be here. The third week on I am hoping to be moving around and feeling ok. I know I'll be moving slow and my boys will be here to help with lifting and things like that. Today I've been feeling very selfish about doing this surgery. I mean, it's a lot of money. Money that could be put towards fixing up the house or other things. Also, with my in laws needing so much attention right now I'm feeling selfish that I'm putting myself first and doing this surgery right now. Then I think to myself that any time I decide to do it there will always be something going on. Those are the thoughts going through my crazy head right now. Sheryl and Sue, did you put anything on your scars as they healed to help them fade? Would you two mind posting a picture of your scars so I can see how they look as of now? I think I saw yours a few months ago, Sheryl. If you don't want to take the time to do that, no worries.

Well, I seriously want min by min blogs and pics so we can " journey" along. :). Good luck!

We super long waisted gals are lucky, the trend of the moment is high-waisted stuff, just about the only thing we long waisters can be glad of is our ability to play around with belts, ruffles, shirring etc.

http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/black-label-pants.html

SherylJane- you already know the skinnies are the way to go but have you also considered 1940s style high-waisted pedal pushers? pinupgirlclothing.com

http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/cigarette-pants-denim.html

I love 40 s style! The tops too!!

I think the skinny jeans look way better too.

Globe, where are you? Are you still in Oregon?

I really feel for all of you taking care of elderly parents. I did that already and it was very hard. It really wore me down. I miss my parents, but I don't miss their health failing more and more all the time.

Going off to Roseburg today so Bill can go to costco. It's 80 mi one way. there's some othe stuff he wants to do there too. I am just glad to get out of town. It will be warmer there too.

I am really afraid my gabapentin which I take for sleep is causing weight gain. I have been really good and not dropped an ounce.

Florinda, I'm glad you told your mum, as a mum myself i can imagine her pain and fear - she most probably has all he bad things she hd heard going through her mind. i hope you were able to give her all the right info and that together you can meet this face on. XXX

Awww, Sarah and Wanda, I'm sorry about the aging parents, there is just no one SET PERFECT way to deal is there? Sarah, I'm sorry some of your hubby's siblings don't agree with the rest of you...that sure does make it even harder doesn't it? Wanda, I feel for your mom...I hope you can bring her in with you soon and that it doesn't cause a rift between you and your hubby. :(

Florinda, that is good that you were honest with your mom...as the others said being a mom you always are heartbroken anytime your child has to deal with anything difficult, but now ((hopefully)) she can give you some emotional support. Hugs to you!

I agree with Kim, you have to set your goals for what you want in a relationship but there is no such thing as PERFECTION. You have to agree to disagree sometimes and you have to find common ground. And when both parties are on equal footing then the little stuff doesn't become a huge hulking disaster. For instance I KNOW my husband ALWAYS runs late. I'm the one who would rather be 30 minutes EARLY than 5 minutes late. He is the opposite. It used to drive me crazy but now I accept that it is part of who he is. I've never been good at lying so people who say "oh just tell him to meet you at 6:00 when he really doesn't have to be there until 6:30..." yeah, I've never been able to pull it off. So instead if it's something that MATTERS, I'm like "listen we need to be THERE ON TIME, so do whatever you need to do to MAKE it happen" lol...other times if it's not such a big deal then I don't worry so much.

Georgia...fasting...what the HECK is that? Aaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL but AWESOME for you that you had a fast day!