Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Chim - do you have time to get together this summer? I would love to meet for a walk or a coffee or something. I am out in woodinville and I think you are in West Seatttle. We can find something reasonably in between!

I also discovered, thanks to Tino, that Dukes on Alki has an awesome happy hour menu - yummy seafood with a view!

Hi all. My mil with Alzheimer's is here again for a few days so I haven't been able to respond/update.

Sheryl, thinking of you as you are going through this rough time. Don't worry about replying to anyone if you don't feel up to it.

That is so cool that Kelly and Sheryl are within distance of being able to get together. I hope our group here has formed some life long bonds. We certainly have something in common that people living without a sleeve will never understand.

I've been trying to fast, and Bill shows up wtih these chocolates that his friend Deborah made as a get well present. She is SMO. vanilla wafers sandwiched with Peanut Butter in between, dipped in chocolate. I should just take the bag and dump it in the toilet.

Just want to share something amazing. I told Tino about what happened starting in March...weight loss, anxiety, depression, no appetite... and that starting Saturday feeling a little relapse. I told him about taking the meds. His reply? "I wish I could take what troubles you and carry it for you because I can handle it"

I can't begin to describe how good that made me feel. Of course no one can carry your woes for you... but what a loving response. It gave me a little boost to not feel quite so alone. I might have found a good one in spite of myself.

Cgj glad sharing that with Tino was a good experience. This will all balance out soon

Just want to share something amazing. I told Tino about what happened starting in March...weight loss, anxiety, depression, no appetite... and that starting Saturday feeling a little relapse. I told him about taking the meds. His reply? "I wish I could take what troubles you and carry it for you because I can handle it" I can't begin to describe how good that made me feel. Of course no one can carry your woes for you... but what a loving response. It gave me a little boost to not feel quite so alone. I might have found a good one in spite of myself.

What a wonderful thing to say to you. That response came from the heart, just beautiful. This made me smile for you. You don't have to go through this alone. Sheryl.

You know what else it did? It made me feel more interested and attached to him. I have had so much fun with him but I admit I was starting to feel a little..."yeah he's great but I don't FEEL it toward him" I am quick to like people superficially but any kind of depth takes forever. .. not something I like about myself. So last night we cooked dinner together and just had a great time. The time flies when we are together.

He also told me something important about himself which is that he has a hard time committing forever due to some history. I didn't say it but thought. ..thank goodness. .. that whole long term commitment has not worked out for me yet either.

Denise what's SMO?

So have you and Bill had the big talk about food? I feel like he just doesn't quite get it.

My close friend Mary had a big issue with her mother buying her junk food. She runs a doggie daycare and would bury junk food in the dog poo. Now THAT is aversion therapy!

Tino is a HUGE eater. He is 6'2" and worked as a lineman until he did early retirement about 2 years ago. He looks fit in clothes but he is developing a gut....that heart unhealthy type fat. What I notice is he loves healthy food too...but as a bachelor is in the burger and chips habit. Luckily for me his influence is good and probably why I stopped losing weight but longer term I hope to gently influence him. I hope it doesn't become a problem but I have little appetite so I force myself to eat a respectable meal with him and the rest doesn't tempt at least for now.

Ok ... New plan...let's all meet in London!! Haha

In all seriousness I am dreaming of another big trip soon. I have Iceland in mind but maybe will wait till winter and head south to mexico or Panama or something.

What a great response from Tino, Sheryl!   Isn't it amazing what a little sincere compassion and love from someone can do for you?  Hope this new relationship really works for you!

Yes, what does SMO stand for, Denise?

I had a somewhat stressful interaction with Steven recently but he said something that really hit me. That his lack of availability aside (he tells me he talked to and saw me more than ANYONE else which shocks me) he told me that he stresses people out... and for that very reason it is better that we ended things. You know I never thought of it that way, but alot of times when I saw him he would spend 30-40 minutes dumping all the woes of the world on me in a very strong way. As I reflect, while it didn't cause my anxiety problems I can surely see that it didn't help any.

So, what do you think of this swimsuit?

http://www.venus.com/viewproduct.aspx?BRANCH=23~121~&ProductDisplayID=22751

The one I bought last year the cup is too small and I worry about getting in the Water and exposing myself...haha. I want somewhat modest bottoms to cover my scars but i have a flat tummy and no muffin top so I can wear a 2piece. I need a top that is sold by bra size since I am a 36D even though I wear like size 4 pants I can't just buy a size "medium" suit and hope for it to stay on my ass or cover my boobs...haha. I want to look hot, I admit it, first time in my life i actually have that possibility. I browsed a little in stores but couldn't find these sorta boy short type things. Ideas anyone?

I don't wear a swimsuit but I think the ones with the skirt are so cute.

Sheryl I would loooove to meet you - I was walking with my husband on Alki and we walked past Duke's just the other day and I thought to myself why are we not coming down here for happy hour :) I am very available for social events in the next weeks - except tomorrow night, Father's Day and next Saturday - lets go to Duke's! Next time I can come over to the Eastside :)

I think those swimsuit options are super cute! I like the first one - the scuba in blue. I don't think I have worn a two piece bathing suit since I was a kid - there is a lot of madness going on below the neck and above the ankles for me haha! You will have to send us snapshots once you decide - cant wait to see how fabulous you will look!

My hubby is terrible with the bad food and he knows better because he has his own sleeve! He is also 6 years younger (I robbed that cradle) and can run on the treadmill at a sprint for an hour the rat - I look at the number of calories he burns, sometimes over 1k and my measly 350 at an hour with my little legs pumping at a fast walk and occasional sprints and sigh. I am still building up to running, but with osteo-arthritis in my knees I am nervous to have a flare up - which is agony, and will literally knock me off my feet for weeks.

I'll be 50 in October - I am beginning to ask myself if it is a necessary part of my life that I have to actually run. Well if zombies arrived - heck yeah i will run, run, run - but I think I may be influenced by The Biggest Loser - they all seem to have to get on a treadmill and run until they think they are going to die lol.

I can walk really, really fast lol.

Our support group meeting topic this month is post surgical behaviors with a psychologist - looking forward to that one.

Even with fasting days I cant seem to get the scale to budge these days - I may have to drop the calories down a whole lot and up the hydration even more. The bariatric doc says I have definitely stabilized and am fine where I am - but I want that elusive goal weight darn it! I start to get hard on myself because I think if I had only last another 35-40 lbs prior to surgery then I would be at goal - as folks over 300 with a goal of 140 or lower who hit goal seem to be rarer, at least what I look at on the boards.

I guess it forces you to work out those issues with food eh - at least I have not gained the weight back - its a miracle :)

Edited by Chimera