Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sheryl I didn't mean I wantd to have that talk right away.

Things are moving in the right direction,. He already called this morning to ask me if I wanted to go for a drive. It's a gorgeous day.

I was talking about if this continues and he thinks we are just friends, I will have to tell him I have feelings for him.I can't be just friends anymore.  But maybe today will turn a corner . Maybe he will kiss me today!

Chimera I think you will like OH. It's nice to be with people who understand.

Sheryl that seminar sounds so fantastic. I wish we had things like that available here.

Here's hoping for a sweet romantic smooch :)

Found this article very interesting since we are all discussing carbs at the moment! Wait, I can't remember where I put the article. (just a joke - you'll understand once you see the title)

I just read that too... I eat gluten, and eat wheat... scary! I don't notice problems with them, but it sounds like it could come on later...

Have you guys ever read Wheatbelly? Pretty scary - that dementia could be part of it all is even scarier!

On another note - sorry for more football stuff - M2G this is the audio of the 2 local announcers on our Seattle affiliate who called the NFC Championship game - the girly shriek around 12 seconds in is from Warren Moon - a massive, hall of fame football legend - I think I listen to it once an hour it is so funny to me :)

http://mynorthwest.com/category/podcast_player/?a=9966644

Edited by Chimera

Denise, hope you come back on here tonight and tell us how things went today with Bill...I'm waiting to hear all about it!

Sheila, we (we meaning my husband and kids because I'm not a football fan) and blue and orange fans too, but, we are Bears fans! Bears fans living in Packer country. My husband was actually at the last Bears/Packers game where they lost. He was bummed. Have fun at your party.

Kelly, my thought process would be to eat really good all week and then not worry about what I eat at the party on Sunday. Get your fast days in and you should be good to go. Now, I know that doesn't work for everyone but it seems to work for me when I have things coming up. I can also understand about your hubs being able to eat more because he works out a lot. I can eat more snacks/junk because of working out, too. The thing is when I add in too many Snacks my I just don't feel as well as I normally do when I am eating clean.

Sheryl, I've been thinking of you today. Hope you are doing ok. You sound sad in your post. I can only imagine what you are going through...all the emotions. Your ex was an important part of your life for many years. Even if the relationship isn't healthy I thinks it's still normal to feel the things you are feeling. Stay strong. He will find his way, he will have to because he doesn't have you to fall back on anymore. Hang in there.

The potato Soup incident last night scared me because I wolfed it down so fast and didn't feel a thing and after I was done I was thinking that's how I used to eat everything. I don't want to ever go back to where I was. I think it's a good thing it scared me because, hopefully, that means I will think about it more next time I am starving like that. I don't usually let myself get so hungry, it kind of just happened after I was done working out.

Still cold and snowy here in WI. I begged my hubs last night to please, please, please move us further south by next winter!

Happy Wednesday, Ladies!

Cathy! I almost forgot to mention you. I had to come back and edit. Congratulations on the 171!!!! The 160's are right around the corner, I know you'll get there!

Edited by sarsar

Yes Cathy - I agree - those 160s are soooo close!!

Didn't intend to do a fast today, but it has been a semi fast and I haven't felt that hungry or bothered about food - last meal last night was around 7pm and I didn't eat today my lunch 'til until 1.30. This is the first time in many weeks that I haven't wanted to eat on  a feast day.  I'd say (haven't counted officially) I've had in the region of 800 cals.

Didn't do Insanity in work today as planned but I did go swimming this evening - haven't done that for ages!  I have to say I really enjoyed it too - gonna go again next week.  Insanity tomo in work, even of I gotta do it on my own!!!

I am finding it weird that my rings on my fingers are really loose but I've not lost any weight and my clothes are the same!  Normally my ring size is an indication of weight loss and or size... I tell ya, my body plays tricks on me!!

I just read that too... I eat gluten, and eat wheat... scary! I don't notice problems with them, but it sounds like it could come on later...

Okay let's try this one!

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/carbs-messing-brain-142900086.html

Edited by Georgia

Kelly OMG, I LOVE the girlish scream...THAT is the kind of stuff legends are made of. Love it.

I know this is old (circa 1998) but this was when the Broncos won their first superbowl and my MOM was AT the game in San Diego...oh what I would have given to BE there! She went with her very dear friend who was also a die hard Bronco fan, so I can't begrudge her.

Sorry ladies at the risk of turning this into a FOOTBALL thread here are a quick highlights from the radio podcast from that game...favorite line (about 1:10 minutes in) "Oh baby they're going to WIN this thing!"

http://www.southstandsdenver.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=603:you-can-stand-up-and-salute-dave-logan

Chimera glad u had a talk with hubby. Its hard to get back in the swing of healthy eating when family brings in treats. One trick we have hubby brings in treats he likes that I don't (hard. To find ) he likes fig newtons and key lime pie I don't. If he does bring in chocolate its only on the weekend and in small amounts. Try to make a deal that works for both of u. Don't beat yourself up. Look how far you've come

OD here's my two cents too early for the exclusive talk. Tell him u like him without what might come across as pressure

Not a Footbal fan. But the SuperBowl is the only game I do watch. I watch for the commercials and the half time show. I will root for Seattle cause they have the nicer uniforms.

Yeah me! I joined Curves. Now let's see if I can do 3 days a week for at least the next three months. Then we'll see.

I really do not like foot ball at all. Of course everyone here is going crazy with Seattle in the superbowl. Seattle may as well be Oregon as far as people here think.

Well, I got an email from Bill right before he got here, telling me his ex was going to be staying at his house the 3 nights a week that she works closer to his house than her house. I told him immediately that we had to talk. I told him how I felt and that I thought we were getting closer and asked him what happened. He said he didn't think I was interested cause the other night (when I wanted him to kiss me) he thought I didn't want him to. So I leaned over and kissed him. I told him I couldn't be friends anymore because he told me he was done with her so now I opened up my heart.

He was rather shocked actually. He had no idea I felt that way. We kissed a bunch and then went for a motorcycle ride. When he left he said he wanted to go earlier tomorrow. He said he was done with her but he promised her he would give her a place to stay.

I have been a nervous wreck all evening. He emailed and said how much he enjoyed the day and could not wait for more, but SHE WAS THERE!

So, I guess we will be doing more talking tomorrow. I know she is not going to give up. But now neither am I . I know he's not happy with her. I have heard all his complaints and things she has said that no self respecting woman would say to a guy. He feels sorry for her, and that not what you base a relationship on. This is going to be an ongoing mess.

Cathy I am excited for you. The 160's will be here soon.

Brown I hope you enjoy curves. I didn't like it. I didn't like that you couldn't change the weight of the machines, and I didn't like that they picked the music. I do much better at a gym where I can choose machines and music. But I really hope that you like it!

Sheryl I am glad you're in touch wtih your PS if you feel like you still have a lot of swelling. I think you have really pushed yourself so no wonder you're tired.

I know you feel badly that your ex wants to live in his car, but you can't save him. He's going to take you down with him if you let him.

I have a friend that is really into that Wheat belly book. she is skinny as a tooth pick and was sleeved 2 years ago. I can't seem to give up wheat. It's in everything.

Hopefully Bill doesn't let the dual attentions go to his head.

Yeah, it's kind of like Sheryls husband living in his car. She told him if she could not stay with him, she would just go stay in her car in the parking lot in the hospital where she works 3 days a week rather than drive 3 hours home.

Hi OD what do I know. U followed yoour heart and mind and laid it on the line. Balls in Billl's court. I'm hoping things work out for u. It seems like he wants u but hard to shake the ex.