Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know that part of this is the aftermath of the holidays still hanging on... the carb monster feeling, but I wonder if it is also winter time cravings...? I know I am in the same boat, wanting to eat more and the wrong kinds of things! A couple of days this week I ate almost 400 cals extra (on feast days) I did write it down, and move on... but It is kind of scary! I'm going in for my 3 year checkup soon, and want to be at a new low for that... but at this rate, I'll be lucky to be at the same weight as my last check in with my regular Dr.

Testing my little video link - bad videos from NFC win :D

and chanting crowd on the way out of c-link field

Had a very serious talk with hubby last night to stop bringing bad food home - got really angry about feeling like I am going to fail and regain all of my weight. Just when I would be doing great and getting carbs under control - donuts and candy and chips get brought home - wanting to go out and eat hamburgers every night...told him it has to stop (this man has also had vsg surgery).

I swear that I have crossed some threshold that now I am in the grips of full on food-focused addiction again - if there is something I should not eat around the house, I cant stop thinking about it until I have eaten all of it...to the point I can make myself sick.

Sorry to pop in and vent - just getting things back in line before they spiral way out of control...go hawks!

I'm glad your checking in with us, don't be a stranger, it is times like this that we need extra support... it sounds like he could use some as well! Is he gaining? time for some good solid meal planning... including lots of pre prepared Snacks I think... Maybe weigh in together in the morning and make a pact about eating for the day? Im glad you said something to him... Im sure he needed to hear it as well!

Kelly or is it Kelli? I was wondering, too, if he is gaining?

Wanda, I love how you were getting everything in before your battery died! You crack me up.:)

You can do it, Georgia! I know you can.

I don't feel food addicted but HUNGRY. I have blamed it on uber hard workouts, and in fact have alot of swelling going on, think I may be over doing it... of course my stress level is sky high over my EX deciding to live in a car. I have so many emotions over it...

In Coveys 7 habits class this week which is perfect....good class to take when self examining life.

I made potato Soup for dinner but I didn't eat any before I went to boot camp. When I came home I was starving and I downed about 3/4 cup of it. I ate that so fast, just like before my sleeve and it didn't bother me a bit.

Honestly, that scares me.

I don't feel food addicted but HUNGRY. I have blamed it on uber hard workouts, and in fact have alot of swelling going on, think I may be over doing it... of course my stress level is sky high over my EX deciding to live in a car. I have so many emotions over it...

In Coveys 7 habits class this week which is perfect....good class to take when self examining life.

I find that I do have to eat more carbs while working out so much. I don't count calories except on fast days so I don't know how many I get in on regular days but I do eat more because I am hungry and my body needs it.

Be careful, don't do too much. Especially when you are stressed out. Stress causes havoc on our bodies.

Coops -you are the woman of steel! To be able to resist sausages and chips!! I think I would have felt compelled to pluck hubby's eyebrows, for having the gall to make those ... ;P

Brown - I am so tickled that 5:2 is finally swinging your way, as we say in the gym, "git it!!"

Georgia - Knight in Shining Armor syndrome ... yeah that occurred to me, and I do think that men who are predisposed to this behavior are actually narcissists or something because it has more to do with their issues than the "damsel"...

Chimera - that's precisely what we are here for girl, venting! We should call ourselves the Ventis - a gigantic cup of piping hot comfort ^_^. Hubbys Bx sounds like self-sabotage and genuine addict behavior, very dangerous for a newly "clean and sober" person to be around. Maybe go to an OA mtg together?

Sheryl "Dead Eye" Jane - What is Covey's 7 Habits? Sounds like something I should learn about.

Sarah - Wolfing it down pre-surg style, yeah, I've had moments like that and yeah it scares the beejeezus out of me. The way I handle it is to "wolf" down something that I know is both good for me and will get "stuck", for example, at 3+ yrs out I still get exploding pidgeon stuffed when I eat mushrooms or dense dark greens or dry chicken. If I inhale just a few bites of these things, I'm out of commission for hours, which gives me time to calm down and back off from the ledge. Also, the fewer carbs I eat, the less I feel capable of wolfing and - I utterly and totally stay away from potatoes.

Ab day yesterday - 3 sets of 15 plus a set to muscle failure; back-bend crunches, (weighted) side crunches, lower back strengthening forward reverse crunches, declined crunches, (weighted) thigh thrusts, dangling from forearm pads knee lifts. I also fasted yesterday, coming in at just over 600, sore as hell today but not from last nights abs, from 3 days ago arms! My arms are so weak that sometimes it isn't even about going to muscle failure, it is merely being able to do the exercise at all!

I am sure she's talking about the book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. I would love to go to some sort of seminar on that!

Chimera, that was my biggest pet peave when my bf lived here. He brought ice cream , Cookies, donuts, etc home all the time and it really Pis$ed me off. I told him he had to eat them in his car.

Bill is coming home tomorrow. I am really glad because this being in limbo is driving me insane.

I want everyone to throw their 2 cents in here. Do you think I need to tell him I want to see if we can try to make a relationship work ( not in those words) in other words, I don't want him dating anyone else.

I am not talking about tomorow. I am talking about if things start looking like we ARE going to be more friends. It's the "exclusive" talk. I probably will have to. The thought of him dating someone else too makes me crazy. And I would have to tell him I can't be friends anymore because I have feelings for him.

Gutted, 171 on the scales and I am claiming it but then realised I had done my lb to stone calculation wrong to put into the BMI calculator and I have another 2lb to go to get to overweight. So 169 here I come, takes me into the 160s too - I'm not giving up.

I have decided to put the trainer on hold...at least till my swelling is down. I emailed surgeon Dr Sauceda and he was a bit concerned about it. I think it is just too much. Thinking to do the group classes awhile as those work me without leaving me useless for a day or too due to fatigue. I think I should get advice from an orthopedics doc too...Irenes story is something to learn from. I LOOK fit, am aerobically fit, so it is easy to forget I have a damaged body...

Denise, I have no idea what to say to Bill but I know that when someone insisted I be exclusive (ie not date or meet anyone else) after knowing him 90 minutes it was a red flag and I never saw him again. Your situation is different but be aware that he might feel a little pressured.

And yes it is the 3day seminar based on that book/system. Life changing stuff to examine questions like"what's at your center/core" A older man ihave worked with for nearly 20years came in during break to say high to his team members in the class. He got to my table and stared at me a long time and said "I just have to keep checking that is really you." Of course he is talking about my looks, but I heard it as about the me that is really ME. That is how I sometimes feel. The old me would have never let my EX do this. The new me has no idea how to save him without drowning with him. So what really is at my center and is it still changing?

Georgia U know EXACTLY what I am saying. Yep not enough hours in the day. If. There were I would fill them doing stuff for others. Line in the sand I am joining this week. B(teries dying

Ha!! Yep, this girls ENERGIZER is about dead too!

I made potato Soup for dinner but I didn't eat any before I went to boot camp. When I came home I was starving and I downed about 3/4 cup of it. I ate that so fast, just like before my sleeve and it didn't bother me a bit. Honestly, that scares me.

Well, Soups always slide right through if creamy and after working out intensely your body probably needed the carbs. It's all good.

Yes, Kim, I agree on the carb monster. I have found myself doing the same thing when I look at cals consumed. WAYYYYYYY higher than average before the holidays and cd weather.

Sheryl, your body is still recovering and added to that the workouts, I'm sure you TOO are in need of some extra cals/good carbs. Don't they say during recovery that the body needs that? Think I remember reading that or you told us that. ????

Chimera, girl, if somebody brings it in the house, I'm gonna eat it! Like birthday cake I BROUGHT in the house. Ha!!!

Kelly (I think that's right, with a "y" not an "i" please correct me if I'm wrong!) anyway, looks like we will have our own little epic SUPER BOWL SUNDAY right here on this thread. I'm jelly (that is what my girls say when they are jealous, ha ha!) that you got to GO to the Seahawks/49ers game...thanks for sharing your video. I'm sure that was exciting. We are Broncos fans here, we bleed orange and blue and always ask "if God isn't a Broncos fan then why did he make sunsets orange and blue" ha ha! We decided last Sun. after they won that we are throwing a big ole super bowl party. We promptly went and invited like 65 people (families, kids, etc.) to our house for super bowl sunday and now we are praying that there are at least 20-30 people who can't make it ...OMG! Too funny, we got all caught up in the excitement! No matter what happens on Feb. 2nd...you and I Kelly, we will still be pals. ;)

Also wondering if your hubby is gaining? I know that in OUR household, my hubby can EAT a LOT more food than I can and NOT gain weight. Grrrr....men! But I'm glad you put your foot down about the extra treats, etc. After my younger daughter's VB game last night her coach suggested we hit McDonalds for their $1 ice cream cone. I wanted one SO bad, but yesterday was a fast day....so I abstained. My older dd wasn't feeling well, didn't go to the game but when she found out about the ice cream, I had to swing thru another McD's to get her one. Hubby asked "what about me" and I told him "I'm helping YOU by NOT buying you an ice cream..." LOL.

Yesterday was a great fast day, and a double workout day, and ran errands during lunch so that I wouldn't be thinking about food.

I agree, Sheryl that you need to back off the intensity right now...you are still healing...be gentle to yourself.

Wanda and Sarah, OH MY GOSH I'm so proud of you both! YAY YAY YAY!

I'm sending a good friend of mine (who also had the VSG, she is about 18 months post-op) some links and some of my food logs surrounding the 5:2. I think she hit that WALL and can't seem to lose anymore and still wants to lose like 35lbs more (and we are NOT talking vanity pounds here, her goal weight is 180 down from 320). Anyway, I'm hoping she will try the 5:2 and report back to me how it goes.

Thanks for the support guys I really appreciate it. And it is Kelly with a y ;) M2 I think a friend is hosting a superbowl party - I am sure it will be a festival of bad for us food so I will do my best to prep for hubby and myself. It is very exciting for our teams to be competing! Best of luck to your Bronco's and I hope that my team will do well - I think it will be quite a show with our strong defense going against your powerful offense.

We both know we display seriously addictive behaviors with food - this dysfunction runs in both of our families with obesity, drug and alcohol and co-dependency issues. I have felt better since my venty post - The house is cleaned out of crap and I have had a bit of a mental reboot - I tend to go right to the place where I feel that I am a failure even when I have had incredible success, even though I have yet to hit that elusive goal weight, I need to work on telling myself that I am till a success! Hard work.

My husband works out lke a demon an hour a day - 6 days a week. He runs on the treadmill like a contestant on the biggest loser at 16 weeks in, he can run at a full on sprint which he can maintain for quite a while - it is freakishly impressive. I have an old friend from NYC that I met when I lived in the city - she had/has a serious issue with sugar - we would go to the magnolia bakery in the west village and she would order 5 massive pieces of cake - eat them all and then workout like a madman every day so she could eat that way - she looks very fit.

I have seen this woman buy two carrot cakes and skin them of their cream cheese frosting like a wild animal. Brent, my husband has said that he is on the "Kendall" plan lol. He tends to follow my lead and I can get militant with keeping our home safe with good foods so I know things will get back to normal.

The good thing is experiencing the crazy food thing over the holidays and coming out the other side - I will prepare accordingly. It starts to get rough in September with the kickoff of all of the family females birthdays, each one of us has a birthday mid-month September, October, November, and then we are well into holiday season. So the fall/winter third of the year, when comforty foods and food focused socializing gets going and the weather gets cold and rainy and blah is when it gets harder for me.

I think OA is something I will like - I think that one reason that the lapse of our normal program of nutrition and exercise has been so scary is feeling out of control again. It isn't just about the lbs..the weight is the symptom. I spent so long with my head buried in the sand and not taking responsibility for my health that feeling a loss of control is frightening.

My resolution for the year has been to work on my resilience....Clarity is another one that seems to be presenting itself again and again. It feels as if I am learning to be a better advocate for myself - with my health, my job (which more and more I realize is a corrupt system - academic/adjuncts, which I wont be able to change.)

Healing and mindfulness for all of us :) Thank you guys for your kind words and thoughts.

Well, what's two more pounds with a Pro like you??   Way to go on the 171!!!!

Gutted, 171 on the scales and I am claiming it but then realised I had done my lb to stone calculation wrong to put into the BMI calculator and I have another 2lb to go to get to overweight. So 169 here I come, takes me into the 160s too - I'm not giving up.

Found this article very interesting since we are all discussing carbs at the moment! Wait, I can't remember where I put the article. (just a joke - you'll understand once you see the title)

dementia.pdf