Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good afternoon gals!

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted - just caught up with everyone. I reformatted the computer I usually post on, and have been reading on my tablet - which takes ages for me to post with, so I have been lurker status, which is very normal for me.

Assessing the damage post holiday I am up a few lbs. I am leaving my ticker alone, as it is my benchmark for my lowest hopefully I will be back there soon. Considering what a carbohydrate orgy the month of December has been - 5 lbs is not as bad as it could be. All of the crap is gone other than a bit of cocoa and a can of whipped cream (which the teenager tends to shoot directly into her mouth hehe.)

Baked up a batch of my densest Protein - baked chicken breasts and am stuffed to the gills after about 2 oz.....trying to get back to the basics.

Been having hair issues - I love, love, love my grey hair - but it was getting discolored with the heat/product needed to tame my fine blah hair - so I colored it a few weeks back - shooting for a warm base color that wont be a nightmare to grow out - so far it is okay - but I have had the worst two haircuts I have ever had over the past month - mind you I am not that picky considering my former profession - but lord - the attention to detail and craftsmanship, not to mention customer service certainly isn't what it used to be - "back in my day" :)

I usually wear it short and messy - seeing as my best pal hairstylist has relocated to sunny palm springs I am now growing my hair out. Usually I go for urban/utilitarian hair, now I guess I will try for something sexier, which I am sure hubby will like.

Turning 50 this year - so would like to hit that weight goal - it would be awesome by my 2 year surgiversary, but if I don't make it, that is okay too - think I am going to work on a modest 1 lbs a week. Fine tuning, like most of are. This past week has been good - at the gym with my hubby a lot - broke a hard sweat 4 times all in all.

Hoping everyone's dates are going well, everyone's kids are thriving and happy - GT - hope you are feeling well and positive, I think about you every time I work out with your Insanity program, which I have never tried. I did pick up Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis to try out as a supplement to the gym for home when I have to teach in the afternoons. I will keep you guys posted.

We saw three movies this holiday season, Catching Fire, The Hobbit, and Walter Mitty - all of them were great - Walter Mitty was our absolute favorite though - I wanted to see it again the moment was over, I highly recommend it.

Kept passing a wonderful little optical shop on the way to the car - so I booked an appt last week for new eyeglasses which I have been very overdue for, looking forward to my new progressives which should be in soon.

Happy New Year you guys - other than the concrete with goal - I want to work on my inner strength and resilience, especially so that my work environment doesn't do a number on me as much as it has this past fall - but I know I have mentioned that before.

H Kelly! Missed you. If interested, I get my "fun" glasses at eyebuydirect.com... they are so inexpensive I can get different colors and shapes for fun. If anyone decides to buy anything from them, I have a member number, if I recommend anyone I get a perk% or something if they put in my secret "code". Anyway, I have bought 6 pairs from them in the last year! Sunglasses too. The most I ever paid was around 65$ for frames with bifocals.

Well ,my hubby took off this morning on his motorcycle for a two week trip to Mexico. Lucky dog! I just don't have the flexibility he does to travel like that. Someday again I hope!

That's what I was talking about. It is fitting for a funeral so I assume that's the one Florinda sang.

Cool! Man, that is a "good old fashioned" hymn!!! I have sung that all my life!!!

Chimera, enjoyed reading your post. It's fun to do something out of the normal for yourself once in a while, isn't it? New specs!!!! I got a laugh out of the "squirt it in the mouth" ( I do the same thing on occasion! LOL)

I think I am coming down with a cold. My nose is all tingly and I have been sneezing all evening. I am going to be bummed. I took some Zicam. I hope that helps.

I feel really bad for all the people in the freezing weather. I am always glad I am here in the winter when it's in the 50's every day. In the summer, I always want to move because it's too cold here for summer.

Going to be fasting tomorrow. I went out to dinner for a friend's birthday tonight and probably put on a couple lbs.

My attempt at changing my picture did not work, will have to play around with it later. Any hints on how to do it properly - I took the original picture and cropped off some of the surrounding area to leave just me but when it has posted there is just a picture of my stomach - very appealing NOT.

I had an emotional rollercoaster ride of a weekend... lots of good, and then something that was a bit emotionally painful but in the end, I am okay.

My weight is holding at 150, so I am officially back in my new bounce zone of 145-150 but of course want to shave a few more pounds. I have survived yet another holiday post sleeve and loving it!

I got pulled over for doing 60 in a 45MPH zone - no ticket, just a warning and I couldn't find my damn insurance card. Know what I think - being thin and pretty (I was dressed up for a date) and smiling sweetly is why. See, another good reason to maintain your weight loss...haha. i had a serious talk with "Mini Me" - my coop - and we decided to use cruise control since she and i have developed a lead foot. It keeps happening... I am just cruising along and suddenly realize I am flying but this is the first time I was pulled over. It's all the fault of the car since i never used to do that when I drove my truck or mini van...haha.

My attempt at changing my picture did not work, will have to play around with it later. Any hints on how to do it properly - I took the original picture and cropped off some of the surrounding area to leave just me but when it has posted there is just a picture of my stomach - very appealing NOT.

Cathy, I think you need to CROP in on JUST your FACE. Try to make the shape more of a square instead of a long rectangle. That way when you post it, it should sort to your face and not your stomach.

Good morning everyone.....

Kelly so happy your back, sorry your having hair issues....I hate it when I have issues with my hair, I hate going to my hair stylist and having to sit in the chair for a few hours..... I love her dearly, she has been fantastic with my hair though. Don't know what I'd do without her. :P

I have some weird things happen to me. I had a Mai Tai 2 nights ago and got a little buzzed. The next day my stomach was like an empty leg. So hungry, ate a lot, drank a lot, and my bladder has had a spasm here and there. Geesh I'm falling apart.... :P I was so confused through out the day and frustrated I gave in an ate 3/4ths a bag of Flamin hot Cheetos.....My stomach was already feeling dry and the spices on the Cheetos was burnin my stomach.....I still felt hungry. So confused by all this.. :huh: Driving home from my friends house, it dawned on me. I was having acid in my stomach. Nothing like wanting to smack myself in my frontal lobe to wake myself up. LOL I got home and took an omeprazole and then was still hungry and ate a tamale with salsa..... :D The kicker here is that I'm down a couple of lbs. :huh: I will take this. 

Now I just need to figure out my bladder situation and I will be good.....today I will take it easy on my stomach.

I do have a question for all of you.....Do you have any difficulties with your stomachs after drinking alcoholic beverages? I sure hate to give it up, I don't really drink that often anyways. :blush: 

Today needs to be a clean eating day to get rid the last few lbs. :P

Ha, no my tummy has no trouble with booze. I luckily don't have acid problems - I did have reflux wearing those freaking tight surgical garments but now that it is behind me, I apparently have my old ironsides tummy back. :)

Florinda, I wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss. I think sometimes losing a person like Larry is bigger then losing him. It's like it represents many losses, it's like it represents the unfairness that someone that is so young, and a GOOD guy - why him? To me, those kind of losses trigger some negative thoughts about life in general you know - like why do we try so hard when in the end... it comes down to this. I don't really believe that, but sometimes i feel that way. I know that feeling and I am truly sorry you are going through this on top of everything else. We are here for you.

Oh. My. GOD.

I finally did a fast day again after the hedonistic freefall of the holidays. Ended the day at 509 cals...! I must detox LOL. I think I ended up gaining a kg or two over the hols, so here's me getting back on track.

Though I now have to go on a week-long work trip that includes all sorts of meetings, dinners, cocktail receptions. In the US no less, so the food will be plentiful and everywhere. I will need to be strong...

xoxox

Oh, I read this article the other day and I thought some of you might like it...I know I did.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12146/we-often-hear-that-we-should-love-ourselves-but-how-do-we-do-that.html

Dee, where are you headed to in the states?

I am really surprised I didn't gain anything from my big dinner out last night. I am going to fast anyway because I am sure in maintenance I will have to fast at least one day a week.

The guy I have been planning to meet went to the doctor today and now has antibiotics so I should have a date on Friday.

I spent $500 on tickets to the Portland Trail Blazers for a really good game for my son's 30th birthday. So I will be going to Portland that weekend.

Want to hear something strange?

My husband who was killed on the job at age 36 Date of Birth is 12-10-50

Larry, the new guy who is now on antibiotics, his date of birth is the same.

The man I was with after my husband died , I was with for 7 years. We were going to going to get married but he got stomach cancer and died. His name was Larry.

How strange is this?

Edited by Oregondaisy

I am really surprised I didn't gain anything from my big dinner out last night. I am

going to fast anyway because I am sure in maintenance I will have to fast at least one day a week.

The guy I have been planning to meet went to the doctor today and now has antibiotics so I should have a date on Friday.

I spent $500 on tickets to the Portland Trail Blazers for a really good game for my son's 30th birthday. So I will be going to Portland that weekend.

Want to hear something strange?

My husband who was killed on the job at age 36 Date of Birth is 12-10-50

Larry, the new guy who is now on antibiotics, is date of birth is the same.

the man I was with after my husband died , I was with for 7 years. We were going to going to get married but he got stomach cancer and died. His name was Larry.

How strange is this?

Life IS strange isn't it!?