Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lol I saw cupcake and I came running :P

I have been fighting for my sinner life the last few days so I haven't been here much..

Sorry :(

You little sinner! Isn't it nice to be little?;)

Ha haha, I am the crappiest speller around, and when spell checking "

Well, my fast day was proper sh*te... after all the good work over the Christmas holidays, I've tumbled down and eaten like a total fool! I'v eaten proper rubbish all day, snacking monster has broken into my body and taken over! OH well... I will try another fast day, prob be Sunday now... then fit in two next week - *sighs*

Feel bad when Skinny called me diligent, when clearly I haven't been today...lol!
Thanks goodness for my sleeve mind... cos the damage I could of done!!

Maître d'" (- a dining-room attendant) I spelled it "Mater Dei" which means "Mother of God"

You can choose which one you want as a title." Mater Dei and the Hostess Cupcakes"... sounds like an awesome girl band!

Edited by feedyoureye

OMG...you guys made me laugh.

My mini coop is silver with black stripes and black tires. I needed a car but I treated myself to a fun car in late January -I had lost 150# so it was the mini to fit the new me. Now,the one bad thing is I have to rein in the speed...its so easy to fly along. Tonight I was pulled over for the first time...and didnt have my new insurance card. Cute cop was very nice and let me off with a warning and short lecture. Reminder to be more careful.

Other unusual thing was I was in a nearby small town walking to my car when a woman stopped me to admire my awesome shoes...and then asked if she could touch them. I said yes...which led to much admiration of my high heel walking skills. it was all very friendly but odd in retrospect...a complete stranger prodding my shoes. Does this kind of weird crap happen to you too?

MAter Dei and the Hostess Cupcakes - new band name I call it!

Sheryl - this is normal (sort of) behavior in the world of Visible Girls, admiring each others shoes and handbags and overcoats is the opening salvo to Visible Girl Friendships, I learned this the year I lived in Lawrence which I will always think of as my training year, the year I learned how to be a Visible Girl.

Today was the memorial service for Larry, I sang "I'll Fly Away". It was videotaped and I just watched and I still look like a fat girl, loose fat just wobbling every which way, I did not need to see that.

I am sad in an empty sort of way, trying to release my anger. I have stayed away from the forum because my shortened fuse would have let me say things I would regret. In the face of death everyone elses problems seem petty, even though my rational brain says that is not true.

Hurt my left foot in Insanity a few days ago, perhaps tore or broke my arch, hurts like a mutha. ate 800 cals on an Insanity day and woke up the next day nearly a pound up, wtf.

A lot of my friends left today, it is called redeployment when you are finished and go home. They were able to stop by the service though which made me happy.

One of the guys on my team has completely shut me out since Larry died, I wasn't even sure he was going to come to the service today. I know everyone handles grief in their own way but I just don't get it and am hurt.

I'm also tired, in my spirit, body, heart, mind. And tired of not losing any weight and not looking any different. There is only the slightest suggestion of change in the front of my shin bones and the bottom of my ribcage. that's it.

Globe I have so much compassion for you. Of course you are tired in mind body and spirit. You are going through so much. I so admire the strength u muster to keep going. I wish I could just give u a big ol' hug let u get out a soul cleansing cry after which u can rest for a minute then keep going. It takes self confidence and a boldness to sing in front of others and a good way to expresss your feelings especially at a home going. I pray for you continued strength and peace in your mind and spirit so u can focus on u. Can't give any thoughts on the weight loss except muscle weighs more than fat. I can't find the right balance of eating and exercise to get my scale moving either. URGH so frustrating! Any decisions about moving back to the states?

Wanda you said that so beautifully... Florinda...sending you a giant hug!! Also, I love the world of the Visible Girls. Omg. That is brilliant and so true. I'm sorry that one of your guys is in "shutdown" mode but you are smart to realize that everyone deals with death and grief in a slightly different manner. Nothing we do is the perfect recipe and everyone deals in different ways. Keep reaching out to this person...

Laura glad you are "back" here and things are "back" to normal...sending you a giant hug also.

Coops...I *forgot* that you have a mini cooper...how fitting, and I love her name. Don't beat yourself up over a bad day, we all have them and like you said thank you sleeve for preventing me from shoveling in more.

As for me, after a proper "fast" day and a half-assed "fast" day, I've lost the 2lbs from the holidays and today I weigh what I did in early Nov. So now I need to keep things going...except we are joining a friend tonight for drinking...he had a birthday last week that most people forgot so he is throwing himself a party and naming quite aptly a "Pity Party" ...no kids but please bring your favorite alcohol...just hoping to keep it a few...New Years Eve I think I had about 6-7 drinks and somehow miraculously did not have much of a hangover except for a headache.

MAter Dei and the Hostess Cupcakes - new band name I call it! Sheryl - this is normal (sort of) behavior in the world of Visible Girls, admiring each others shoes and handbags and overcoats is the opening salvo to Visible Girl Friendships, I learned this the year I lived in Lawrence which I will always think of as my training year, the year I learned how to be a Visible Girl. Today was the memorial service for Larry, I sang "I'll Fly Away". It was videotaped and I just watched and I still look like a fat girl, loose fat just wobbling every which way, I did not need to see that. I am sad in an empty sort of way, trying to release my anger. I have stayed away from the forum because my shortened fuse would have let me say things I would regret. In the face of death everyone elses problems seem petty, even though my rational brain says that is not true. Hurt my left foot in Insanity a few days ago, perhaps tore or broke my arch, hurts like a mutha. ate 800 cals on an Insanity day and woke up the next day nearly a pound up, wtf. A lot of my friends left today, it is called redeployment when you are finished and go home. They were able to stop by the service though which made me happy. One of the guys on my team has completely shut me out since Larry died, I wasn't even sure he was going to come to the service today. I know everyone handles grief in their own way but I just don't get it and am hurt. I'm also tired, in my spirit, body, heart, mind. And tired of not losing any weight and not looking any different. There is only the slightest suggestion of change in the front of my shin bones and the bottom of my ribcage. that's it.

Wow, Globe, this brings back memories. "I'll Fly Away" old hymn or something else? I truly feel your tiredness. I've experienced that feeling too. Only thing I can help with is you are loved by the "girl band" and are important. As The Help said, " You is good , you is kind, you is important!" Hang in there.

Globe I agree with Brown - perfectly said.  Yes grief does effect us all differently, and I completely understand why you stayed away - I think I would of done the same thing,  I believe that you are a stronger woman that I. Hugs to you my lovely friend.

Edited by coops

My Mini Cooper, Sally, is British racing green with a white roof and white strips on the bonnet - silver alloys and she is beautiful! I was going to get the welsh flag on the roof, but because of Steve's job (police) it would be too obvious and easily to recognise... we don't live that far from where he polices so it would be easy for someone he's locked up to find out where we live! Can't take that risk. I did look at welsh flag side scuttles for her too - but they don't do them for my year... shame cos they are lush!

Not fasting today, although I probably should - seen the top end of my bounce this morning - but I will attempt tomorrow.

Will be going back to work and back to the gym on Monday... all things normal will resume!

Oh and I've never had anyone ask to touch my shoes...lol... how strange!

Lol I saw cupcake and I came running :P

I have been fighting for my sinner life the last few days so I haven't been here much..

Sorry :(

Glad your back....been worried about you.....

Florinda I'm glad your back too, sad for your loss and proud that you sang at Larry's funeral..... the weight gain from the exercise is inflammation from working those muscles and your body is working to repair those muscles...such a process and very frustrating to see a gain after such hard work.... :P

I actually lost a lb from yesterday most likely due to my body not being able to tolerate lactose any longer. I get stomach problems about 15 minutes after drinking it. Sorry for TMI.....But I'll take it and continue working on losing some more.. :P

LV glad to se you back, we miss you lots when you are not here.

Globe so brave of you to sing, it must of meant a lot to you to be able to do that.

Coops, your part of the world still underwater? We haven't got it too bad here but the Severn has broken its banks in Gloucestershire. Don't take that little mini out in the rain.

I have had a couple of good non fasting days, ate clean and the scales are down 2 this morning, hopefully it won't take too long to get the holiday excess off.

Like Coops I am back to work Monday and I am looking forward to normal, the holidays are good and I need the rest when they come round but I do like the routine that working brings and I fast on work days which I find easy to do.

Cathy, we managed to escape the downpour - Steve works in and around Abergavenny and he hasn't had any major flooding to deal with.  Very lucky.

Good to hear the scale is moving in the right direction for you,,,work defo makes it easier to fast - agreed!