Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well ladies, the wedding was wonderful! We had the lunch, walked around in downtown Denver, which is just fun but also busy, the sights and smells I think on a daily basis would get overwhelming. It's fun for a bit but just different than living in the suburbs...where life seems to have a slower pace.

Then checked into our hotel and proceeded to get fancy. It was so fun! The wedding started at 7 and was beautiful, followed by a cocktail hour (which was really more like 1.5 hours) we stood chatting, kiddos played with giant connect 4 game and giant Jenga game, we ate and drank. Then opened the ballroom and we moved into there, watched the bride and groom arrive, etc. They had all this as food set up in various "stations": (OMG so much food...thank you sleeve for preventing me from eating it all!) Station 1: Roast beef and salad, rolls Station 2: soft taco bar, beef, chicken or fish and ALL the toppings Station 3: Mini burger sliders, mini crab-cake sliders, regular and sweet potato french fries Station 4: Mac and cheese ...you picked whatever you wanted in there (meat, veggies, etc) and they would sautee it for you fresh and hot (I never even SAW this station, lol). My plate was a chicken soft taco (I ate half) 1 slim slab of roast beef, a salad, and half of each a slider and crab-cake slider (minus any bread). Oh yeah and fries. I did also have 3/4 of a slice of wedding cake...yum!

Anyway, here is a photo!

post-108773-0-64586800-1388761120_thumb.jpg

Edited by M2G

Had a fantastic day yesterday, went hiking and bird watching at one of my fav wetlands site. I went with a bunch of foodie friends, so the picnic was splendid! Too much salt, carbs and fat for a really clean meal, but so delish. Thank you sleevie for keeping the intake down! We went out to a local Indian restaurant that got good reviews on Yelp. OMG, it was just the best. A little hole in the wall, mostly take out business... some of the best Indian I have ever eaten, and all the foodies agreed. It is an area that was "colonized" by the Sikh community over a hundred years ago for the great farmland. They are an awesome presence there. So lucky to have them! Anyway, about 95 percent of their customers were Sikh community coming for takeout... a steady flow the time we were there. I will go back. Anyway, fasting today, will mix a couple of spoon fulls of the leftovers from Indian food to flavor my veggie stir fry for tonight. What a treat! Have a wonderful fast day all you fasters, if no a fast day, then just a wonderful day!

M2G... look at your handsome hubby and cute girls! You all look fantastic, and sounds like a really fun wedding party!

Edited by feedyoureye

OMG SHEILA!! You and your family look SOO lovely. I am varklempt for reals. Thanks for posting. <3 <3 <3

(K, but next time make them a LITTLE bit bigger? ;-)

Edited by swizzly

Awww, Dee thank you so much! You are so sweet. :)

Did you click on them to make them bigger? I don't want to be a space hog, so I tend to make them smaller and turn them into jpgs for posting. ;)

Oh I clicked on them, they are still wee -- and you all look beautiful. *sniffle*

Sheila, those are great photos. They were still smallish after clicking on, but i could see them!

Here is what I have decided to do.. I have an appointment with someone who can prescribe meds but it is more than a week out. In the meantime i am going to keep track. I suspect that certain things are do are contributing to the mood swings. Right now, that is just an idea but I think it would give me some peace of mind to sort of track it. The part that puzzles me the most is how I can go from feeling just okay to feeling pretty bad quickly. I also think that one of the biggest contributors is that I am not well suited to my current job.... and that is a bigger problem that meds can't address...

Sheila you have a beautiful family and you are so beautiful too! I agree with making the pics bigger.

The food at the wedding sounds like a food dream to me. I would want so much more than my stomach could hold.....

Kim what a wonderful day you had and the food sounds so delicious... :P

Dee I hope you get and ETA on your place really soon. There's nothing like home sweet home...

Sheryl it's hard to have mood swings. But you will get this sorted out really soon I hope.

Today is a fast day. I hadn't eaten since 3:00pm yesterday because my stomach was so upset from the cr** I ate and today I am fasting to detox from the sugars. I did decide to have a Protein Shake at 9:00am to get my energy up.... I will have a piece of chicken for lunch with a veggie and Soup for dinner. I plan on cleaning out the frigerator today and trash all the cr** that's been accumulating over the holidays. wishing everyone whose fasting a wonderful easy fast day! :P

Oh Dorrie, me too, fasting today. Proper fast. None of this "try" sh*t that I've been doing lately. I'M DOING IT NO MATTER WHAT!!!

Thank you all for the kind comments...I just realized I should post my dress photo in the LBD thread over on success stories!

Well, Girls, sounds like everyone has a lot going on from weddings to surgeries to housing, to "sparring" (Coops ????) to lovely parties and Just "issues!"

I, for one, am sitting in Chuck E cheese enjoying my three "grand girlies" on my 60th BD! Ha!!!

In New Orleans having a lovely visit. Both of the older girls surprised me with beautiful cards they purchased all on their own and surprised me. My son ordered me a beautiful keepsake charm engraved, my daughter sent me a lovely message and song and dear Hubs as well. ( he chose to stay home since he had been with kids for the last two weeks! Ha!).

Wish all of you the best in your day, fasting or otherwise.

post-108291-0-89257800-1388688677_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-10760200-1388688690_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-70077500-1388688697_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-16427600-1388688722_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-04637300-1388688741_thumb.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGIA! I love the pics, you look so happy! Enjoy your day today. On a side note, when I was 15 I worked at Chuck E. cheese. I even had to dress up in that gross costume a couple of times, then I got moved up to party hostess.

Sheila, you look so pretty! Yes, post it in the LBD section. I love your shoes, too. Your girls are pretty, the hubs isn't bad looking either.;) Must've taken forever to straighten your daughters hair! Sounds like you had a great time at the wedding. The food sounds delicious.

Dorrie and Sheila, you can do it with your fast day! It's hard but feels so good when it's over. I did mine yesterday, just made myself do it. Feel much better today.

SherylJane, are you looking for a new job?

Laura, you doing ok? Haven't heard from you much.

Globe, checking in on you, too. Let us know how you are. I have been thinking about you.

Happy Thursday, Ladies!

Love New Orleans. The charm is lovely. So is the family. Glad your having a nice birthday!

Happy Birthday Georgia! I love the charms and spending it with your darling family is a wonderful way to spend a birthday!

Georgia, Happy Birthday, enjoy your day and your family. You certainly don't look 60 in your pictures.

I am not actively looking for a new job... i am actively figuring out how to build and grow a new life though. I feel like losing all this weight has given me a new chance and I am working to live it and love it more than ever. There are so many dimensions to this....

but I am determined to NOT use food to suppress my feelings

I am determined to be honest about my needs, my feelings and ask for what I need

I am determined to make the best of things and so this is why I mentioned keeping my mood journal. What I am experiencing does NOT make sense to me. Steven suggested it was hormonal/menopause since he has gone through this with prior girlfriends (he is an old guy after all..haha) but it makes no sense to me since I have been post menopause for a few years. Anyway, it is something that seems chemical imbalance to me. I feel better just for having some sort of plan of attack, know what I mean?

-I am signed up for a gun safety/learn to shoot class with my friend Mary

-I am going to push through and try to learn to ski, even if not very well

-I am putting my horse in a barn (temporarily) with a lit and covered arena so I can get riding again even though it is dark and cold out, as riding is my main "therapy".

-I am joining a gym, I need a place to go everyday and it used to be the gym, so why not

-I have my Mexico trip planned for early March and I am going to Orlando on business in February - looking forward to sunshine

Steven is back from his relatives sometime today. I need to talk to him because he told me he really wanted me to start dating to find a "real" boyfriend. He would like our arrangement to just continue, but he knows I want someone to do stuff with - go places with etc and he just isn't the guy to do that right now. I have a couple of speed dating possibilities in January but I have to say that right now, I am just not excited about it. I want to talk to Steven because I would rather just let that situation "stay status quo" for awhile if he is agreeable to it.

I realized one of my biggest "fears" is what if I do find a decent guy - crap. I don't want that kind of distraction right now. I am entering my 3rd year as a sleever and I just feel like I need to continue making me, my health, my weight and my lifestyle as #1. Steven is a skinny athlete type and so he isn't big on doing alot of consuming but so many of the guys I have "dated" are all about the food and I just don't want that right now... I am not very clearly stating my mixed feelings about this - but all you ladies know that men are time consuming and often expect your focus and attention.

I guess what I am really saying is that I need to get career, house, home, my inner life sorted out. I am not as messed up as I make it sound at times,. I just want things to be awesome!