Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah, alcohol really hits us hard because our stomachs are so small. If I have a drink , I have to have a snack with it, or I am drunk on one drink.. Good idea not to drink with new guys.

Skiing can't be that hard if I can do it. I haven't gone in years but I only took one lesson and I was skiing all over the place. You just have to learn to stop and to turn. I found it really easy to learn.

I had some bad sweets today and it really sent me to the toilet. I hope all the calories went down when I flushed it.Christmas goodies. I don't have to worry anymore now though. Nobody else will come around with treats.

I want to get back to the gym but I want to hold that baby all day!

Edited by Oregondaisy

Hey everyone. Just wanted to check in and say hi. I've been around reading but haven't been much support lately. Just feeling down, trying to get through the holidays. I am going to workout in a little while, hopefully that will give me some much needed energy and cheer me up. Also, I'm fasting today. I'll try to come back and post more later.

Like Sarah I haven't been on much...but the only thing I feel "down" about is indulging too much. My daughter who turned 13 only wanted a family party so we had some family and one family that we are very close with over on Sat. for Breakfast. We had a yummy baked egg dish, bacon and then it was all carbs from there. Reindeer chow (omg, goes down so easy) mini muffins, mini cinnamon rolls and if that isn't enough, CAKE!! Get this...my daughter picked out a white cake and it had dark green and purple flowers, etc. on it. I will tell you what...that f'ing dark GREEN icing, turned all our teeth green and I kid you not I peed and sh*t green the next day. And guess what? The next day I ate MORE f'ing cake. What is wrong with me? Aaargh. Like the color made me think "ATOMIC" yet I still went back the next day for more. Sheesh.

My mom and brother arrive today for the WHOLE week. Yeah, life is gonna get interesting. Don't know how much I'll hop on here as my brother will occupy our office/guest room.

Laura, OMG I love that you LET LOOSE and even though you weren't feeling so hot later, I agree that you had a bonding experience. Awww, your SIL...she should definitely look into surgery for herself. That is so cute about the card...DO YOU THINK THEY WILL COVER IT??? I probably NEVER would have been self-pay (as it was I had to fork out $5K for my surgery and then the next year we forked out another $5K for hubby surgery) but I'm sure the self-pay would have turned me off (kind like how having to PAY for plastics outright is turning me off right now) but honestly it would be worth every penny to pay for this tool. That is my humble opinion, now...3 years later. LOL. I hope she can find her own journey but please do NOT EVER apologize for your own journey. Hugs to you!

Forgot to mention what my mom is bringing WITH her.

TOFFEE

Homemade toffee that is better than any store-bought toffee that you can think of. GOOD GOD GIVE ME THE GIFT OF RESTRAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot to mention what my mom is bringing WITH her. TOFFEE Homemade toffee that is better than any store-bought toffee that you can think of. GOOD GOD GIVE ME THE GIFT OF RESTRAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two words. GOOD. LORD. :)

Yeah, alcohol really hits us hard because our stomachs are so small. If I have a drink , I have to have a snack with it, or I am drunk on one drink.. Good idea not to drink with new guys.

Skiing can't be that hard if I can do it. I haven't gone in years but I only took one lesson and I was skiing all over the place. You just have to learn to stop and to turn. I found it really easy to learn.

I had some bad sweets today and it really sent me to the toilet. I hope all the calories went down when I flushed it.Christmas goodies. I don't have to worry anymore now though. Nobody else will come around with treats.

I want to get back to the gym but I want to hold that baby all day!

I have been sleeved long enough to know better. I think the thing that happened was my "snack" was pretty light. Had some mussels and a bit of ahi tuna. I think needed to eat twice as much and drink half as much. The other part was I just got sucked into the fun of the music and everything. It is one thing to go out and have a drink and appetizers, it is another thing to go from one cool haunt to the next... I think I just got carried away and lost track of the impact - it was spread over so many hours that i just didn't realize I had over done it by so much. It was the last drink that really kicked me - like I went from pleasantly buzzed to intoxicated in a snap of a finger. Anyway, it is done, nothing bad happened, i just need to get over it. I am being a baby though - Mark called me Sunday morning and I didn't take his call as I didn't want to say something I would regret. He left me a nice vmail and I did leave him one in return (during SeaHawks game so I knew he wouldn't answer..haha) to let him know I was okay and all. I still have just a bad feeling about it all. Luckily my hangover was gone by noon and I had a good day Sunday. Lesson learned and at a relatively cheap cost I guess but damn, I am still a little torqued at myself.

Now on the skiing, I took exactly one snowboard lesson in Germany back in Dec 2001. I had lost weight down to about 200# and was younger and reasonably fit. First lesson they have us standing on ice (down near the lift). A bunch of people fell, but mine was a slow-mo side wise that stretched the ligaments way out on my right knee. It would have been better had they torn so they could be surgically repaired. It hurt like a bastard, months of PT and elevation and surely no snowboarding. I have a bit of a fear of that sort of things so I am low confidence. I am trying skiing and am starting with 3 lessons. ITs a great deal - 3 lessons, including gear rental and 3 all day lift passes are cheaper then just 3 lift passes. It is an intro kind of thing. I think after the 3 I will be confident enough to use the chair lifts etc and can just practice on my own. I don't have anyone to ski at my level, everyone says I need to have someone to go with me, but my sons are way advanced over me and I figure you have to start somewhere. I guess this season I will be on my own quite a bit on the easy runs, who knows, maybe by next season I can ski well enough to join in with the easy going people who are experienced. It is a theme in my life these days that i need to be prepared to do stuff alone or not do them at all. That sounds like a whine, and it is and it isn't even the truth. I know that for example, men I meet on POF would love to go skiing and teach a beginner (or so they claim) but I have control issues...lol I don't want to do that with someone I hardly know. After my first few lessons, maybe then I would be open to that idea. I think it is an analogy for how I feel in general about meeting new people - I want to meet new people, i like expanding my horizons, but it takes me a bit to trust someone and feel "safe" with them and so putting myself in a place like a side of a mountain at freezing temperatures is not a good start.

Denise - that must feel just wonderful to have the new grand daughter!

This morning the scale coughed up 150.2

coulda been worse given that i ate Cookies for Breakfast one day this last week not to mention my Saturday night drinking tour of Seattle. Yes, dreams of cookies and carbs is how things have been for about a week so I am thankful even though i am a hair above my "new" bounce range. M2G - homemade toffee.. makes me crave it just typing it.

I am an analytical type and so my feelings about food this time of year have made me go hmmmm.

Sure, there is the whole Christmas sucks thing, but reality is I think I am experiencing physical cravings, not emotional ones. I was fine until the first in a series of carb laden parties and it is like once you are on the merry go round, it is hard to get off. I am doing "okay" and like many of you just deciding to hang on over the holidays, but it is no wonder I was always hungry when I was obese. EAting this way just really messes with your body and your physical cravings.

Anyway, I am thankful for the sleeve, but also thankful for the support from you ladies. It makes me realize that we just have to keep working it. I posted in a thread about someone who has the answer - she is just going to do the sleeve diet and get the benefits without the inconvenience of the surgery. I thought, WTF? Like it never occured to you to even try dieting before? okay.... But then, it gets worse... I sense many of the respondants seem to imagine that there food/weight troubles will be over once sleeved. I wrote a big long post, my public service announcement for the day.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/291512-gastric-sleeve-diet-without-surgery/page-2

Morning gals!

Spent the day yesterday making sugar Cookies - soon they will be gone. My husband seems to have gone out of his mind with eating them - luckily he works out for a minimum of an hour a day at the gym and those cookies will soon be gone.

Christmas menu:

Filet mignon (from costco - these are super!)

Roast Turkey Breast - yay leftovers

Scalloped potatoes - for the carb eaters

Green Beans - yay

Cranberry Sauce - for a little zing

And going a bit old school making the cream puffs my mom used to make me as a kid from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook - plan on one puff a person.

Christmas day brunch is a low-carb bacon and Swiss quiche - and packing up any and all carbs with departing family members. Diet reset incomming!

The scale had been up a bit - but has dropped back down a bit today - thank goodness. Last year we were only about 7 months out from surgery, and we were travelling for the holiday and did not have to deal with much crazy holiday food in the house, so it seemed easy - this year I can see how much more strategic I need to be with food and really making time for planned exercise - it is the first thing that seems to get pushed to the side.

Okies - off the Bed, Bath, and Beyond to buy one last gift for hubby - a new set of beautiful steak knives - for cutting meat! Not pastries lol.

Glad to hear everyone is hanging in there - I don't drink much these days, but the times I have I haven't noticed that I get buzzed at all - kinda felt jipped lol.

Forgot to mention what my mom is bringing WITH her.

TOFFEE

Homemade toffee that is better than any store-bought toffee that you can think of. GOOD GOD GIVE ME THE GIFT OF RESTRAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best way to be a toffee buzzkill is don't forget to weigh it, set aside portions, then log it into your MFP along with everything else. I break it into little pieces, because part of the appeal of the candy for me is the way it feels when you crunch it, (pick up another piece and repeat until you are in a diabetic coma) I had a toffee day at school last week... three pieces... and wanted more.... still do! Its such a lovely drug!

SarSar, thanks for reminding me it is fast day! I think I could have easily blown it off with my funny vacation schedule... I'm fasting today too, the next two days will be foodie galore days.... I am still around a pound over my high bounce range... not 10 pounds over, but still.... I will have to hack off around 4 1/2 after the eating events are over to get back to my low...then a couple more to get my bounce all under 169 where I want it.

Morning gals! Spent the day yesterday making sugar Cookies - soon they will be gone. My husband seems to have gone out of his mind with eating them - luckily he works out for a minimum of an hour a day at the gym and those cookies will soon be gone. Christmas menu: Filet mignon (from costco - these are super!) Roast Turkey Breast - yay leftovers Scalloped potatoes - for the carb eaters Green Beans - yay Cranberry Sauce - for a little zing And going a bit old school making the cream puffs my mom used to make me as a kid from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook - plan on one puff a person. Christmas day brunch is a low-carb bacon and Swiss quiche - and packing up any and all carbs with departing family members. Diet reset incomming! The scale had been up a bit - but has dropped back down a bit today - thank goodness. Last year we were only about 7 months out from surgery, and we were travelling for the holiday and did not have to deal with much crazy holiday food in the house, so it seemed easy - this year I can see how much more strategic I need to be with food and really making time for planned exercise - it is the first thing that seems to get pushed to the side. Okies - off the Bed, Bath, and Beyond to buy one last gift for hubby - a new set of beautiful steak knives - for cutting meat! Not pastries lol. Glad to hear everyone is hanging in there - I don't drink much these days, but the times I have I haven't noticed that I get buzzed at all - kinda felt jipped lol.

I want to come to your house and eat!!! Yummy menu! Merry Christmas!

Okay, since tomorrow is Chrimas Eve :) I decided to fast today and them I brought the office (had to work today, bummer)one of my homemade vanilla wafer cakes. SOO, see below and its1:25. :)

post-108291-0-23385800-1387827288_thumb.jpg

Okay, since tomorrow is Chrimas Eve :) I decided to fast today and them I brought the office (had to work today, bummer)one of my homemade vanilla wafer cakes. SOO, see below and its1:25. :)

Lol!! I hope you are stuffed from that cake :P

I'm going to try and fast tomorrow on my regular day..

I think it will be ok we really don't have any big plans outside of our little foursome family..

Talked to Mark. He told me that he is very surprised - that I didn't seem that intoxicated at all, just a little tipsy. He said I was pleasant, happy, conversant and was walking and talking along just fine. He had switched to nursing along a beer the last place we went since he knew he was driving. So I guess that is all good. I still feel crappy about it, but I think it is more that stupid moodiness I have been suffering from.. making this bigger than it was. That loss of control... don't like.

Anyway, I am apparently hosting a small christmas eve dinner, wasn't sure until just now. It will be fun, feels normal. Damn, another day of eating. May be a week or two till I see the one forties again... sigh.

Christmas DAY my youngest and i are hitting the slopes. He will go off snowboarding whilst I take my lesson. If I have energy, I can ski after my lesson. Our plan is to bring Snacks and stuff and i can rest in the lodge while he is snowboarding so he gets a full day in. I can go back out if I feel up to it. I am lookoing forward to it and the forecast looks like decent weather.

Swizz, sarsar, globe, brown - several of you haven't heard from in a day or two or I know you are feeling kinda low. thinking of you.

Merry Christmas!

Almost 3pm. At 100 cals so alls well so far. Did some baking, will do more this evening. Wrapped presents... I have to go to the grocery store, not looking forward to that. Take it easy girls, enjoy your holiday.

Hey - been reading but not really posting - things are all manic here, thought I was organised for Chrimbo, but it seems not!

On the topic of drink...I can still drink pretty well... I have a lower tolerance post sleeve, but can drink a fair few ciders and get drunk... I know my limit though ( well, mostly) and then I switch to Water or pop! I love getting tipsy and having a good dance mind! I don't go out that much, but when I do I have a good laugh.

Supposed to be fasting today - did well until the kids wanted KFC and instead of eating the Soup I made yesterday, I had some fries and some chicken. Not a lot but enough to make me feel sick - lovely at the time but now I feel like I have eaten poison.... arghhhh! I have done a lot of walking today but I doubt it will make a difference as I have been eating really crappy lately. I'm at the top of my bounce range and I know it is to be expected but I don't like it... I like the lower figures...lol!!

I will stick to the soup tomo and have some Christmas Eve treats tomo evening in the form of cheese and crackers... something my daughter has been asking for for ages now.... oh well! It's for the greater good....heheheeee...

The weather here is absolutely shocking; the rain is torrential and I got soaked to the skin today going to the market to get veggies for our Christmas dinner... I was not a happy camper! I hate it when it rains this heavy. It doesn't look like it is going to stop soon and unfortunately I have to go out again tomo... grrrrr!

AH Christmas Eve. I've bEen busy shopping and wrapping gifts. Since I'm not at work the daily treats have stopped. I feel more in control. Though today I make a cheescake and cherry cobbler. My Christmas diner glazed ham and chicken stuffed with wild rice, veggies, rolls, gravy. The season's feasting will be over soon. Looking forward to getting back to normal. Stay safe everyone.