Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still here...sort of. I'm a Leo too, with Libra rising and Libra moon. Not sure what it means, though. :-)

We also just had a huge work re-org yesterday (Happy xmas!!) and the chaos ensues...! I'm just trying to crawl to the finish line...

Loves to all. <3

I had heard about the Target thing, thanks for the heads up though... it made it real for me... I just checked my account and its so low a thief might leave me money instead of taking any! I have had money taken through my debt card number before and luckily my bank was really fast to see what was going on and returning the funds.

Chimera, wow, wow, wow!  How good is that painting - I too would like to see it in 'real life' I honestly think I could 'read' it for hours!

Trying to catch up here! I have been so busy the last couple of days trying to get things ready for the holidays. Still have lots to do but I'm making progress.

Wow, wow, wow, to the artsy ladies...your work is incredible. Seriously, I have said before, I can hardly draw a stick person so when I see what people create it absolutely amazes me! I so wish I had just one creative bone in my body but I just don't.

SherylJane, you seem to have a good attitude about the dating stuff. Sounds like he maybe wanted someone who wants more and really wants to be taken care of. Who knows. Hope you are feeling better today. I understand the sad feeling...lots going on right now in your life. Hang in there.

Dee, that stinks about work. One more stressful thing for you to deal with. You hang in there, too.

I am trying to remember what everyone wrote about but my brain is just mush today. I didn't take any notes either.

Kim, I'm sure that weight will be gone quickly after the new year when things settle down.

Ok, that's all I can remember right now.

Fasting today. I also just made some fudge, the recipe that Sheila posted. I am going to now look for the one that Georgia posted and try that, too. Then I'll have the hubs do a taste test and see which one he likes better.

Oh, I forgot to tell you all that last week when I stepped on the scale I was down another 2 pounds. I weighed again today and it's the same so my total so far with 5:2 is 16 pounds! I would like to lose 10 more and then I'll stop.

Happy Thursday, ladies!

Edited by sarsar

Trying to catch up here! I have been so busy the last couple of days trying to get things ready for the holidays. Still have lots to do but I'm making progress. Wow, wow, wow, to the artsy ladies...your work is incredible. Seriously, I have said before, I can hardly draw a stick person so when I see what people create it absolutely amazes me! I so wish I had just one creative bone in my body but I just don't. SherylJane, you seem to have a good attitude about the dating stuff. Sounds like he maybe wanted someone who wants more and really wants to be taken care of. Who knows. Hope you are feeling better today. I understand the sad feeling...lots going on right now in your life. Hang in there. Dee, that stinks about work. One more stressful thing for you to deal with. You hang in there, too. I am trying to remember what everyone wrote about but my brain is just mush today. I didn't take any notes either. Kim, I'm sure that weight will be gone quickly after the new year when things settle down. Ok, that's all I can remember right now. Fasting today. I also just made some fudge, the recipe that Sheila posted. I am going to now look for the one that Georgia posted and try that, too. Then I'll have the hubs do a taste test and see which one he likes better. Oh, I forgot to tell you all that last week when I stepped on the scale I was down another 2 pounds. I weighed again today and it's the same so my total so far with 5:2 is 16 pounds! I would like to lose 10 more and then I'll stop. Happy Thursday, ladies!

Way to go, Girlfriend!!!! That's awesome about the 2 pounds and 16 lost!

And I made the fudge last night. 2 minutes in microwave and 30-45 mins in fridge! It's awesome. :). Had a Christmas party for our small group at my house so I frantically cleaned, made fudge, Hello Dolly's and 50 mini baked sandwiches! Phew! It was good but glad it's over! One down. Another one Friday and one Sat! Then Christmas and another the following Sat! I don't think I've "partied" this much in years! Ha!

I had two reassuring things....

A friend has a plastic surgeon friend who lives cross the country. I wrote up my "worries" and in summary got back...."holy crap you had alot done at once,surgeon did good, but takes forever to heal. Give it another 8-10 months and I should be peachy. Patience grasshopper."

It was my 2 year follow up with my vsg surgeon today. He inspected me thoroughly and was very happy with Dr Sauceda work (wrote down his name for future reference) loved how everything looked....balanced, boobs look natural etc. Good incisions etc. Was very pleased. Bloodwork is absolutely perfect...told me that the scary thing about having so much done at once is that if things go bad, it goes REALLY bad. Example, if wound seperation happens your body has trouble healing from it due to the massive healing involved. Dr Sauceda has a low complication rate and is conservative on aftercare etc so I picked well but maybe took a bigger risk than I understood. But, my VSG surgeon said that is why I am still not 100percent. Patience grasshopper.

Anyway it gives me peace of mind. They both backed up everything Dr Sauceda said and gave him professional compliments. I have no complications just need time.

Globe, I worry about you with the MS. I was SO strong, high endurance, I thought I would be normal by January but iwont be. Been corresponding with sweetpee, she had fewer procedures due to health constraints and this kicked her ass too. I think this is common and for some reason not openly disclosed by sisters who have gone before.

so wanted to also share the regularly scheduled speech from my surgeon. That the surgery is the easy part, the real work is the dietarychanges, the behavior changs, the emotional impact. He says what WE already know, that our disease of obesity is under control, but can so easily rear it's head. We need very little food, we need mostly "good" food and if we wander back to eating normally, we will be fat again.

I am officially at the end of their program, but he encouraged me to come back in 6 months or a year or whenever I feel I need the support, medical advice or encouragement. I told him it was probably 5 years before weight can really be considered "stable" and he was like... "well, wouldn't bank on it even then".

I also discussed my mood swings with himand he told me that i am doing great - he is regularly faced by patients crying their eyes out because they cant eat like they used to.... his point being that while I have struggles, my emotional health is good, and a little crazy is to be expected considering the huge changes in mylife.

Not sure why, but his opinion is very reassuring to me. SherylJane against world, and holding up okay. :)

Oh my goodness Kelly (Chimera) love your painting. Wow. Very cool. I've been involved in "arts" one way or another for my entire career and that is what keeps me going because I never wanted to be someone who "hated" what I did for a living. If I love it then I feel much happier. I'm definitely at a crossroads for now and I don't like that part of it. The struggle to figure out a way to creatively earn income....so the struggle continues.

Georgia (gosh I hope I'm remembering that right) YOU got cleaned out from the Target deal??? CRAP CRAP CRAP. My hubby is totally worried. We went to Target black friday (well actually grey thurs. a friend of my moms convinced us all to go out shopping after the turkey was done!) and holy crap. He is considering just canceling our Target card. We both bleed white and red though, funny side squirrel story...we MET while working at Target in college. We love Target thru and thru...so canceling our card well, that just seems crazy, but maybe notsomuch after hearing your story. WHAT A PIA! SO sorry!!!

SherylJane great news about the 2 year and the checkups with plastics and all. That is generally one of my biggest worries...having to wait so long to feel 100% better. That and the fact that I would be paying off the plastics for ...oh just feels like forever. My quote for *just* a lift and TT was over $22K and I just can't see spending that kind of money. Sigh. Anyway, I put it all on the back burner and am just letting it sit there on "warm" for now. lol

GT how cool that you are familiar with Denver...if you are ever in the area let me know!!! The wedding will be at the Curtis Hotel downtown...looks funky and cool to me. I'm so excited for this wedding!

http://www.thecurtis.com/visual-gallery/

Dee, when do you get back into your home after the flooding repairs are done? Before Christmas?

Thanks for the bday wishes for my girl. She had an awesome day at school, lots of friends gave her little homemade cards and decorated her locker. We are having a family only party for her Sat. am as she didn't want a real bday party. Made ME sad but also happy to only have to serve Breakfast to a handful of family guests. :)

I'm doing terribly with eating and the scale is showing it. Almost 2lbs out of my bounce range (my weight in Nov determined by me as "if I see this weight within 2 lbs I will be happy" and I've been seeing it all along except today I was up 2lbs over my range. UGH !!! Gotta rein this snacking in. I AM GOING TO FAST TODAY IF IT KILLS ME. GOTTA DO IT!!!

Oh and earlier thing I said about how when we post in here it "shows" up under the Recent Topics...and then I thought maybe it didn't? Well, not sure what happened the other day but yep, when we post here it shows up under recent topics, so that is where people are probably learning that this thread exists yet they don't have "access" to it.

Sheila, I believe you can get ask for another red card with a different number and all will be fine.

so the target scam was just the red cards?

cost of plastics in the usa is insane. I paid about 16k for all that work i had done including my clinic and hotel stay. I think the brutal recovery is a good reason not to.....

Did you see that Kris gave her surgeon a B grade

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/286536-dr-alejandro-quiroz/

I hope this means it wasnt as bad as it looks.

so wanted to also share the regularly scheduled speech from my surgeon.   That the surgery is the easy part, the real work is the dietarychanges, the behavior changs, the emotional impact.  He says what WE already know, that our disease of obesity is under control, but can so easily rear it's head.  We need very little food, we need mostly "good" food and if we wander back to eating normally, we will be fat again.

I am officially at the end of their program, but he encouraged me to come back in 6 months or a year or whenever I feel I need the support, medical advice or encouragement.  I told him it was probably 5 years before weight can really be considered "stable" and he was like... "well, wouldn't bank on it even then".

I also discussed my mood swings with himand he told me that i am doing great - he is regularly faced by patients crying their eyes out because they cant eat like they used to.... his point being that while I have struggles, my emotional health is good, and a little crazy is to be expected considering the huge changes in mylife.

Not sure why, but his opinion is very reassuring to me. SherylJane against world, and holding up okay.   :)

That seems to be the case....

Oh my goodness Kelly (Chimera) love your painting. Wow. Very cool. I've been involved in "arts" one way or another for my entire career and that is what keeps me going because I never wanted to be someone who "hated" what I did for a living. If I love it then I feel much happier. I'm definitely at a crossroads for now and I don't like that part of it. The struggle to figure out a way to creatively earn income....so the struggle continues.

GT how cool that you are familiar with Denver...if you are ever in the area let me know!!! The wedding will be at the Curtis Hotel downtown...looks funky and cool to me. I'm so excited for this wedding!

http://www.thecurtis.com/visual-gallery/

Dee, when do you get back into your home after the flooding repairs are done? Before Christmas?

I'm doing terribly with eating and the scale is showing it. Almost 2lbs out of my bounce range (my weight in Nov determined by me as "if I see this weight within 2 lbs I will be happy" and I've been seeing it all along except today I was up 2lbs over my range. UGH !!! Gotta rein this snacking in. I AM GOING TO FAST TODAY IF IT KILLS ME. GOTTA DO IT!!!

I used to work a lot of short contract art jobs... after school programs, prison programs, guest artist programs... and most of them dried up(the money dried up) One of those jobs is the one I do now, it pays crap (11 an hour with bennies) but ended up staying there because its such a frickin awesome job with great staff... like family.. and its almost all artists and the conversation that goes along with it.. Oh well money! Hey, one of our two programs is not recruiting for two full time teachers......

that hotel looks darling!

I know my scale is up and down... its not too far off, but will take some work to get it back in range. The huge onslot offood will be over soon.... for a while!

Oh and earlier thing I said about how when we post in here it "shows" up under the Recent Topics...and then I thought maybe it didn't? Well, not sure what happened the other day but yep, when we post here it shows up under recent topics, so that is where people are probably learning that this thread exists yet they don't have "access" to it.

Sheila it shows up in recents for us. Only when we are signed in :)

Testing posting from the tablet....hubby bought mint Cookies at costco yesterday yikes. I have been doing a lot of Target shopping, yikes...will need to keep an eye on the aacts.word for the day seems to be yikes.