Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Georgia...beautiful! That sweater I LOVE it (I do love me some stripes) but yes much too big. Ah the downside of losing 30lbs this year...sigh. Such a problem to have! ;)

About the closed group, I saw that lady get all in a huff about this group also. (Good job LV diffusing the situation!) Like when it WAS available to everyone, all they had to do was do the 5:2 for 2 weeks and send a message to get in, and not very many people did that.

Circling back to those on the member list who don't participate...should we PM and see if they still want in, or just say "if you don't post by XYZ date then you will be dropped?" Just wondering because we are "closed" but we have a few non-posters.

I think it was probably one of those knee jerk reactions and feeling left out. Unless you are in here with us reading all of this you can't really understand what goes on in here and why so many of us felt uncomfortable with it being opened up for all to read. This is a safe place for us and it's not all about 5:2. People on the outside don't have a clue. Remember a while ago when we wanted a vet group started and people got all upset about that? I think it's the same kind of thing...feeling left out. But I don't feel like we are trying to leave people out, we are trying to help them in other places.

I get that.. I can see how she got offended. Well I posted another link there to the latest 5:2 thread so hopefully she will check that out if she's interested. But something tells me she just like reading our sagas :P

Hahaha...who wouldn't???

Yeah Alex have me super powers but I still can't get in to delete people from our list.

Off the top of my head the "believer in god" "Cynthia" "Lisa's hope" and "butter"

Can go I've PMed them all in the last round of cuts (except butter) and got no reply..

Georgia...beautiful! That sweater I LOVE it (I do love me some stripes) but yes much too big. Ah the downside of losing 30lbs this year...sigh. Such a problem to have! ;) About the closed group, I saw that lady get all in a huff about this group also. (Good job LV diffusing the situation!) Like when it WAS available to everyone, all they had to do was do the 5:2 for 2 weeks and send a message to get in, and not very many people did that. Circling back to those on the member list who don't participate...should we PM and see if they still want in, or just say "if you don't post by XYZ date then you will be dropped?" Just wondering because we are "closed" but we have a few non-posters.

Lol I know right!

Hahaha...who wouldn't???

You guys crack me up. Although I felt BAD for Susan who was determined to read this whole thread. THAT would be above and beyond my ability to focus for that long...especially since we have a lot of ~~~squirrel~~~ moments (for anyone who doesn't get that it's been used here to refer to us getting sidetracked off the original subject...comes from the movie UP if you are curious...lol!)

M2g I think we should cut non posters. In my mind that is important to privacy...

M2g I think we should cut non posters. In my mind that is important to privacy...

We have to define non-posters so I don't get all fret-y though, cos I have to go days at a time without posting due to work and travel. But I'm usually trying to at least read and keep up!! ;)

^ agreed re def of non posters, not to be too grim but there are times when our internet is cut off for reasons and I just have to wait it out.

Somehow in my novella of a post I forgot to add my name! Yes, my name is Florinda, happy to meetcha :). I am originally from Northern California, the "Lost Coast", and have been in AFG since spring.

Ms. Skinny - I'm not sure what you mean by affected by the moving? It is a drag and a pain in the ass, and at the same time I get restless and love a new place, love the "do over" aspect of it, actually it is probably a bit of an enabler, just up stakes and run away ....

Georgia - that sweater is pretty but at least 2 sizes too big and definitely 8 inches too long!

Chimera - thanks so much for the neighborhood names, I have been to CL daily looking for places and have written to 6 or 8 that sounded good and have not heard back. If I must live in a houseshare then I really really would like my own bathroom but nothing is coming up at all, at least not in my price range, I think if I am having to share a house/apt. then I shouldn't have to pay more than $800.

Thank you all for you sympathies, this time is incredibly difficult, and as for stress cortisol, you betcha! I think I just have naturally high cortisol levels :( 550 cals yesterday and I am UP .8 of a pound today wtf.

Jane - those heels were very pretty, electric blue! In my mind when you talk about Pipefitter (heh heh) I have inserted the image of Alcide Herveaux from True Blood :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did I mention the possibility that I may get an extension for 6 months and that I am conflicted about it? Yeah...

Ms. Skinniness= Dorrie ~ Fullerton Ca

Feedyoureye= Kim

Sarsar = Sarah

MG2= Sheila - Centennial CO

Ccjane = Sheryl

Georgia = Georgia  

Uk Cathy = Cathy

Swizzly = Dee

Brown= Wanda - New York now Cincy

Globe= Florinda

Susan= Susan

Laura-ven= Laura

Chimera= Kelly

Supersweetums= Sheila

Coops= Sue - Pontypool, sunny South Wales UK

OrgeonDaisey= Denise

Hi ladies. I was born and raised in New York. When it was time to purchase a house I could not afford one in NY up'd the fam and moved to Cincinnati Ohio. My mother has 7 brothers and sisters all raised in NY then one sister married a man from Cincy and the family migration began. When I moved here 17 years ago aLl 8 of them where living in Cincy. I myself am an only child but with my cousins,last count there are 30 of us, I was never alone. I still claim NY as my home. On the privacy topic though the group is closed and apparently hidden this is still part of a larger web site on the internet and at any time things could change. Just like those few days when we were lost and couldn't find the group. Anything could happen. Also please don't take offense Susan, but if I am not mistaken, Susan was able to join the group based on her site status. I would assume there are others with that site privelige that has the ability to read everything on the site. I don't want to kill the spirit of our disussions but remember the internet is never totally private.

Hi Globe hard choices u have to make what are the pros and cons of the extension? At first thought I seem to remember staying would mean more $$$ but one of your docs wanted u state side.

The only two benefits to staying are 1) saving that much more money and 2) free medical care. Those are gigantic benefits in my book but is it what is best for my health .... I just don't know. I'm having a good day, feeling good, so it is easy to negate the seriousness ....

We have to define non-posters so I don't get all fret-y though, cos I have to go days at a time without posting due to work and travel. But I'm usually trying to at least read and keep up!! ;)

Great point. I meant those people who are on our member list and have never posted to this thread. That is what I see as a non-poster. There are times I can't "get here" as much as I would like, but I chime in when I can. That is fine (in my mind) and I would even say Supersweetums needs to stay in case she decides to join back in. But I just see a few members on our "member" list who have never joined this thread in all 179 pages.

Has Cheri returned yet?

Hi ladies. I was born and raised in New York. When it was time to purchase a house I could not afford one in NY up'd the fam and moved to Cincinnati Ohio. My mother has 7 brothers and sisters all raised in NY then one sister married a man from Cincy and the family migration began. When I moved here 17 years ago aLl 8 of them where living in Cincy. I myself am an only child but with my cousins,last count there are 30 of us, I was never alone. I still claim NY as my home. On the privacy topic though the group is closed and apparently hidden this is still part of a larger web site on the internet and at any time things could change. Just like those few days when we were lost and couldn't find the group. Anything could happen. Also please don't take offense Susan, but if I am not mistaken, Susan was able to join the group based on her site status. I would assume there are others with that site privelige that has the ability to read everything on the site. I don't want to kill the spirit of our disussions but remember the internet is never totally private.

Yes, I totally agree, that nothing you put on the internet is private 100%, so please still be careful. I don't think that any other hosts can just come over here to read, Alex and Susan are both "Admin" vs just "Hosts" so I could be wrong about that. Last time I said Alex's name he trotted over here to fix an issue. Maybe Susan and Alex can shed some light on the privacy settings around here.

The only two benefits to staying are 1) saving that much more money and 2) free medical care. Those are gigantic benefits in my book but is it what is best for my health .... I just don't know. I'm having a good day, feeling good, so it is easy to negate the seriousness ....

Oh wow Florinda, I just don't know what I would do in your situation. I like Wanda's suggestion about pros, cons, etc. Can you make a more detailed list (not necessarily for us to see and read but for yourself) and get some people close to you to weigh in on it. So even though your medical care is "free" is it delivering what you need at the moment? I just ask because I honestly don't know but being back in the states would give you a lot more medical options than your current location, right? Ugh. Lots to think about for you...

Edited by M2G

I see no reason to start another 5:2 group because one lady who isnt even following 5:2 got a little offended.

Want to help people? Lets start a 5:2 thread on the vets forum that has all the links and info and we can all post to it rgularly.... sort of the daily dscussion re 5:2 this thread was supposed to be. If we post to it regularly it will stay to the top or we could ask to pin it.

I think non posters are those who havent posted in say 3-4 months. Even that should be by individual discretion.... in other wards a judgement call. We will all go through times when we might be away for weeks or even months but that doesn't matter to me it is people who dont participate at all that I think should be removed.

Globe that comparison to Alcide from True Blood is a good one but thank goodness not covered in so much hair. What makes your comment even funnier is that I keep getting the feeling he hails from the south but he was born and raised in the same county as me. We leave the movie and he offers to get the car so I dont have to walk in the cold; sweet but unnecessary given it was 45 degrees, dry and I had a coat..and the car was maybe 200 feet away. haha. Steven isn't really like Erik Northman but I couldn't help but have to find a character for him..haha... tall and thin, older, a little wicked and hedonistic but deep down does the right things especially for Sookie. Really good kisser too that clearly has me glammed. :)

I need to watch True Blood - looks sexah ;)

I almost have a hard time now with shows once a week after doing marathon catch-ups on Netflix - which is one of my family's favorite group activities :)

I think folks mostly likely feel left out - perhaps even judged - that could certainly be true if our group name and rationale is 5:2 -I think we should simply come up with a sassy new name, and post on the vets forum regarding 5:2 topics. That is how things rolled before, and when you guys made a group I was like "hey where the heck did all the cool, smart people go!"