Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You guys are all gorgeous and look FABULOUS! yes i am yelling that out :)

GT - we found our last two rental houses on Craigslist and they have been the best finds ever. Currently we live about 75 feet from Puget Sound in a very affordable little cottage (we wont talk about its need for insulation - but summers stay cool while winters are a bit chilly).

There are many great neighborhoods here that fit the bill with fresh produce - the big, big market is downtown - real estate round those parts is either astronomical or cheap (meaning hi I am a homeless person). Fremont, Wallingford, Denny Triangle, Capitol Hill, First Hill, South lake union, Lower Queen Anne are all great neighborhoods - many have great old homes with roomate shares.

A bit more about myself :D

We are in Seattle - West Seattle specifically

49 turning 50 in 2014 - bday 10/16 go Libra!

I am a college professor - adjunct undergrad in he art department at Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle - and also teach at the graduate level in the Humanities with Prescott College in Arizona - where I get to go lecture often. I know we have many artists among us - so i guess i will also add myself to that list as I have the terminal degree in the field so i guess I am qualified haha! I am a painter and digital/video installation artist who has not had a lot of time to make much - my specialty seems to be fine tuning artistic practice for the lovelies I work with, which can be very rewarding - as well as frustrating.

When I complain about the stress of my work gig - it is usually because of academic/departmental politics writ large.

I met my husband in a video game in the late 90's - loooong before it was cool to even talk to other people via the web. He hails from the Inland empire in southern California. We have been together, pretty much blissfully happy for almost 14 years now. He also had a sleeve - 2 weeks prior to my own. he works as a computer and electronic engineer at Boeing (working on 787 and Tanker project.)

Goofy fact - I changed careers after 40. In my previous life i was a haircolorist (22 years) - worked for a good stint in NYC and had quite a few celebrity clients (David Bowie, Iman, Tatum O'Neall, Winona Ryder, lots of models, etc, etc) - have some pretty good stories from those days.

Two stepdaughters - the eldest in college in N.C. - she is 20, and the younger has lived with us since she was 11 - she will be 18 on her next birthday. I could fill up your ears about the joys and pains in my asses step-kids are - I am sure you guys will hear plenty about it.

If there is a heaven - there is a special lounge for step-parents there ;)

I love hearing about everyone's lives - I am glad that this forum is now private - as I would not have posted in so much detail. Looking forward to getting firmly back on the strict bandwagon after the holidays and finally getting to goal - would looooove that to happen by my 2 year surgiversary which is may 21 - we shall see!

Swizzly = Dee

Switzerland

Chimera, your whole post WINS. Wow!!

Edited by swizzly

Here is a shot of a beautiful morning this past week from the front window.

Dec sunrise

Kelly I love the pic.....beautiful.......

I love the fact that my daughter and I have a cleared up a lot our conflict. :)  Raising children is not easy at times. we have times when they are such a joy to have and other times we want to pull our hair out... challenging at the least. :P

I live in Fullerton California and we have decided to sell our property and move to Oregon. It so scares the He** out of me. I know that there is nothing here where I live to keep me here, but I will miss one dear friend I had since childhood....I also know that my daughter is determined to move to either Eugene or Portland depending on job openings at Pet Smart.....I will miss her so much. I am working on getting over this fear.

GT I know that you have up and relocated numerous times and I'm wondering how it affected you. I admire your strength and courage and if this is too personal for you, it's ok if you don't answer it.....

George you also mentioned that you sold you house and bought your dream house, how was that for you. would you do it again? 

I think that perhaps someday it would be wonderful to plan a place where we can all meet each other in person... :P

Ms. Skinniness= Dorrie ~ Fullerton Ca
Feedyoureye= Kim
Sarsar = Sarah
MG2= Sheila - Centennial CO
Ccjane = Sheryl
Georgia = Georgia   :P
Uk Cathy = Cathy
Swizzly = Dee
Brown= Wanda
Globe= Florinda?? ...GT help!
Susan= Susan

Laura-ven= Laura

Chimera= Kelly

Supersweetums= Sheila

Coops= Sue - Pontypool, sunny South Wales UK

OrgeonDaisey= Denise

Wow Jane (Sheryl) your family party sounded like so much fun..

I like that you all sang together.

Such an unrestrained fun thing to do!

I love wearing clothes and feeling good now.. Before I would just put on the best thing to hide under..

Oh yes stress and weight loss! It's a given if I'm stressed I can do everything "right" and still hold on to the weight!

Daisy (Denise)

I hope that my daughter and I will get closer as she gets older.. I really think the army is going to help her a lot.

Ok where do you live again? It must be small if there are no men closer..

Weight I say we all just hang on for dear life the next couple of weeks and get past the holiday.

Globe,

There you are! Did I miss your name again??

I know this will be a tough holiday season for you. Missing a very important person in you life.

My brother took his life on Labor Day no weekend party BBQ for me.

Anger? Hell yeah I spend time being angry at him. And ok when I have those feelings because it's ok to love, miss and be anger for something's. Take care globe....

And oh yes the bathroom weigh I'm not blessed with a "daily" reward sometimes it's up to three or four days!! (No joke) I always run to the scale thinking I'll get some good news.. Nope same ole same ole..

Oh and I agree about the upstairs thing for me.. I'm crazy as a loon :P

Sheila, I'm glad your girls are feeling better, but fuzzy pjs and movie watching sounds pretty good :)

Yeah Christmas.. I'm very behind.

Ugh!

Spitfire! Yep that describes my daughter. Even at a very young age.

She hated (hates) to be touched or made to stay still..

Kim,

your day sounds awesome (yes even the brownie part) did you take pics? You always take the best bird pictures you should post a few :)

Lol @ disfunction is on parade!!

What a great way to say it and perhaps a more light hearted way to look at it.. I might try that this year.

Being more accepting of the quirky craziness :)

Kelly,

You are cool! Lol as I was reading your "about me" that's all I kept thinking.. Then you got to the knowing DAVID BOWIE part and you became doubly cool! :D

Oh my teenage years.. He was my idol.. I still have all his records, eps drawings I used to do if him.. It's the one thing that stayed with me alls these years a orange crate with these things..

You may not be able to check in as often as some of us but you still very much a part of the 5:2 girls!!

That picture, that morning is gorgeous!

Edited by laura-ven

Here is a shot of a beautiful morning this past week from the front window.

Dec sunrise

Gorgeous!!!

Reading all of your posts makes for a jolly afternoon! We are definitely an eclectic mix of wonderful friends!

Globe, I LOL on the "arm" part! I do that sometimes, hold the skin under my arm and think, "Wow! My arms would be so skinny!" Ha! Weird.

Switzerland, California, Oregon, Colorado, Afghanistan. And the list goes on! Isn't technology wonderful??

Here's me and the hubs at Christmas Luncheon today. Didn't realize this sweater looks so big!!

post-108291-0-94918800-1387148804_thumb.jpg

Kelly I love the pic.....beautiful....... I love the fact that my daughter and I have a cleared up a lot our conflict. :) Raising children is not easy at times. we have times when they are such a joy to have and other times we want to pull our hair out... challenging at the least. :P I live in Fullerton California and we have decided to sell our property and move to Oregon. It so scares the He** out of me. I know that there is nothing here where I live to keep me here, but I will miss one dear friend I had since childhood....I also know that my daughter is determined to move to either Eugene or Portland depending on job openings at Pet Smart.....I will miss her so much. I am working on getting over this fear. GT I know that you have up and relocated numerous times and I'm wondering how it affected you. I admire your strength and courage and if this is too personal for you, it's ok if you don't answer it..... George you also mentioned that you sold you house and bought your dream house, how was that for you. would you do it again? I think that perhaps someday it would be wonderful to plan a place where we can all meet each other in person... :P Ms. Skinniness= Dorrie ~ Fullerton Ca Feedyoureye= Kim Sarsar = Sarah MG2= Sheila - Centennial CO Ccjane = Sheryl Georgia = Georgia, Conway, AR :P Uk Cathy = Cathy Swizzly = Dee Brown= Wanda Globe= Florinda?? ...GT help! Susan= Susan Laura-ven= Laura Chimera= Kelly Supersweetums= Sheila Coops= Sue - Pontypool, sunny South Wales UK OrgeonDaisey= Denise

Sheila, I was just thinking today it would be nice to add where people live to the list! Thanks for doing this. I'm from Wisconsin.

Ms. Skinniness= Dorrie ~ Fullerton Ca
Feedyoureye= Kim
Sarsar = Sarah-Wisconsin
MG2= Sheila - Centennial CO
Ccjane = Sheryl
Georgia = Georgia :P
Uk Cathy = Cathy
Swizzly = Dee-Switzerland
Brown= Wanda
Globe= Florinda?? ...GT help!
Susan= Susan

Laura-ven= Laura

Chimera= Kelly-Seattle

Supersweetums= Sheila

Coops= Sue - Pontypool, sunny South Wales UK

OrgeonDaisey= Denise

Georgia!!!! Look at you and the hubs! Adorable, I love it! You could pass as brother and sister.

Yes, the sweater is too big for your tiny self! Try a cardigan, it wont keep you as warm but it will look nice. Cardigans are my answer to everything!

Globe! Glad to hear from you, you had us worried. I'm sorry about the loss of your dad and the emotions that come from it. Hang in there.

Kelly, I loved reading about you! Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you live an interesting life. I think that's great that you changed careers like that! Good for you. I would love to hear more stories about your celebrity clients! How cool is that?? The pic you put up is beautiful!

Dorrie, when you move to Oregon will you live close to your daughter...isn't that where she is moving? We will be moving one day, too. While it scares me because I have lived in WI all my life, I am so ready to get out of here.

Kim, glad the brownies are gone. I love how your positive attitude comes out in your posts! I'm always looking forward to what you have to say!

Here's a funny for today...I realized today that I keep telling everyone that I'm 42 but I'm not I'm only 41. The hubs heard me tell someone I was 42 and he looked at me and said, "No you're not, why do you keep telling people that? You're 41!". I had to laugh at myself. I know it's only a year but why do I keep forgetting how old I am?

Hopefully Cheri will be back with us soon!

Susan, are you still here??

Ladies, do you think we should change the name of our group to something else so people don't get offended? I saw someone got upset that it's a closed group. I can understand where they are coming from because I would want to know what was going on in here, too! :)

One of us could start another open group for 5:2 that anyone could be a part of if they choose. I don't mind starting it. I won't post things like I do with all of you girls but then at least people won't feel left out.

Thoughts? Denise, what do you think? I know you started this group so I don't want you to think I'm stepping on your toes...I think maybe you were the one that suggested that we change the name??? (I could be wrong, I can't even remember how old I am, lol.)

Ladies, do you think we should change the name of our group to something else so people don't get offended? I saw someone got upset that it's a closed group. I can understand where they are coming from because I would want to know what was going on in here, too! :) One of us could start another open group for 5:2 that anyone could be a part of if they choose. I don't mind starting it. I won't post things like I do with all of you girls but then at least people won't feel left out. Thoughts? Denise, what do you think? I know you started this group so I don't want you to think I'm stepping on your toes...I think maybe you were the one that suggested that we change the name??? (I could be wrong, I can't even remember how old I am, lol.)

I think that is a good idea. Name change. Since mostly not 5:2 stuff anyway now.

I'm not sure why that woman was upset? She hasn't been doing 5:2 and in fact before today hadn't signed on since October..

there are two 5:2 threads on the vets forum.

I could be better at posting on them but it looks like the rest of you are helping out there.

I'm not sure why that woman was upset? She hasn't been doing 5:2 and in fact before today hadn't signed on since October..

there are two 5:2 threads on the vets forum.

I could be better at posting on them but it looks like the rest of you are helping out there.

I think it was probably one of those knee jerk reactions and feeling left out.

Unless you are in here with us reading all of this you can't really understand what goes on in here and why so many of us felt uncomfortable with it being opened up for all to read. This is a safe place for us and it's not all about 5:2. People on the outside don't have a clue.

Remember a while ago when we wanted a vet group started and people got all upset about that? I think it's the same kind of thing...feeling left out. But I don't feel like we are trying to leave people out, we are trying to help them in other places.

Edited by sarsar

I think it was probably one of those knee jerk reactions and feeling left out. Unless you are in here with us reading all of this you can't really understand what goes on in here and why so many of us felt uncomfortable with it being opened up for all to read. This is a safe place for us and it's not all about 5:2. People on the outside don't have a clue. Remember a while ago when we wanted a vet group started and people got all upset about that? I think it's the same kind of thing...feeling left out. But I don't feel like we are trying to leave people out, we are trying to help them in other places.

I get that.. I can see how she got offended. Well I posted another link there to the latest 5:2 thread so hopefully she will check that out if she's interested. But something tells me she just like reading our sagas :P

Oh Georgia.. The both of you look do cute I want to squeeze you!!!!

Yes I think it's time for a smaller sweater!

Edited by laura-ven