Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since going on my trip to Oregon, I can't get back on track with logging on mfp. I am determined to log today and to measure my foods as well....Last night I ate a slice of pizza and wow did my stomach not like it at all. I have found myself eating a lot of nuts and will be stopping that today. I need to have 3 meals a day and stop this snacking in between. When I snack, my head tells me I haven't eaten so I think I eat more. So 3 meals it is and measure all nuts that I eat. I fear how many calories I am eating, they add up so quickly. Tomorrow is my fast day......I will have it planned out by tonight..... :P I'm still at my high bounce range too.

Thanks for your reply (and Coops and Laura-Ven too!) I mention this mostly because my 12 yo has been feeling "fat" and she is mostly taller and larger than other girls her age. She is very athletic and she is the kind of kid who eats enough at one sitting (like a full 'adult' size meal) and then totally forgets about food for hours! My 11 yo is quite a bit shorter (not quite 5' yet, in fact I think she is about 4'9") and she is my grazer. She has horrible eating habits and we definitely have to remind her about sugar intake, etc. But she eats a tiny little amount (still can't finish a kid size meal in one sitting) and then an hour later she is looking for food again. Sigh. So I just don't want them thinking that 500 cals a day is NORMAL. They know all about my surgery (they were 8 and 9 when I had it) and my youngest even gives me a hard time sometimes because I can be the "food police" and she calls my stomach my bananna or my "squirrel" stomach. Hahah.

It is so hard, especially with daughters. Mine is young still, but I am always worried she will end up like me. I am trying to teach her good habits, but the fear is always there. And on the other hand, I want her to grow up confident and proud of who she is! It is hard to find that balance between teaching them healthy eating and making them feel bad for what they are eating. You always know parenting will be tough, but some days, in this society we live in, I find it extra tough!

You oldest daughter sounds like she is maturing faster than the other girls. And even though she is a healthy weight for her height, I can see how it would be hard for her. I hope she can remain confident in herself, I know it must be hard to hear her say she feels "fat".

Today is a fast day again, and I am not feeling it. I think it might be a hard one this week, but I am going to stick with it! It is only 9am and I already am wanting to eat. I can be strong though!

Have a great day everyone!

I'm in my ninth week now? Is anyone keeping track? LOL...

So am I the only one who hasn't lost ANY weight doing this? I was, this morning, back up to my highest weight since originally getting to goal (72kg). I'm still keeping on, but wha...?? I have had a few social occasions that were full of food and wine, but I've also been tracking non-fast days and most of them have been quite reasonable 1600-1800 days as usual.

I'm trippin...

Edit: My fast days have ALL been in the 500-cal range and I've never (yet) had to ditch one cos of eating instead. So I've had legit fast days in the double-digits now.

OK, maybe I will just throw this out there, but maybe you don't need to really lose anymore, maybe your body likes where it is. I don't have any other explanation Swizzly (I can't remember how much you wanted to lose, sorry about that). Because it sounds like you are doing everything else right.

All I can say is you have determination! I hope it starts turning around. I did read somewhere (do not ask me where though) that sometimes it can take a long time for your body to adjust to the fasting and you do not lose in the beginning. Maybe?? Also FYE had a good point about body fat. It does say that fasting is more effective at burning body fat. Maybe you have lost inches??

it's a fast day for me too. I did really well yesterday so I am at my lowest weight since starting this. with fasting today, I should be able to get down lower than my lowest fasting weight.

I want to see 140 so bad,and I am at 145 this morning. That is if my cast weighs 2 lbs.

It's been a problem typing with this cast on.

OD this is so encouraging. in some ways I'm finding myself just resigning to the fact that i won't weigh 145 lbs again. I know it's in my mind set and I need to refocus! Like today.....not tomorrow.....

Anyhooooo, Congrats! When does your cast come off? You will be there before you know it! :P

Well, first FD of the week done -- 512 cals. Here's to fasting whether you lose weight from it or not!!! :D

Well' date=' first FD of the week done -- 512 cals. Here's to fasting whether you lose weight from it or not!!! :D[/quote']

Yeah I haven't lost anything in a week!

Hehehe.. Sound like a newbie much* ?

But fasting tomorrow because that's what I do!

Though..I'm still waiting for it to make me smarter :P

*disclaimer to all newbies reading this.

I did not mean the above statement as a slam to the very real struggles that you are going through in your weight loss "journey" those 3 week stalls suck! :D

Well, first FD of the week done -- 512 cals. Here's to fasting whether you lose weight from it or not!!! :D

Don't forget.. you gotta keep on keeping on! When I get 5 I will check the book to see what it says about those who don't lose.

Not been great with food on my non fast days - Sat I drank a shed load of cider - but, as I predicted I danced like a fool! Great fun though. Yesterday I had a grazing day - no real meal, just crappy snacks! Didn't fast today - not in the right frame of mind, so my fast day will be tomorrow instead.

Ugh, today is not going well. My brain is not in it and all I want to do is stuff my face. I checked my calendar and it looks although I might be starting to PMS...could explain the super bi***y mood I am in today too...my poor kids :unsure:

I am already at 305 calories and I am only half way through the day (I made hard-boiled eggs and have eaten 4 whites...I don't like egg yolks)...they are only 17 calories a piece, but 4 of them is almost 80 calories that I usually don't have on a fast day. Gotta keep drinking, and maybe leave the house for a while....

Hope everyone else is having a better day than me.

Well, back to reality and life as a 5.2er! Didn't really try to NOT eat but logged most everything and calorie wise not too high. Yesterday would have been worst since it was Baby Girl's 3rd BD party on NOLA and other Grannie's HOMEMADE COOKIE CAKE! Yep, I indulged. And indulged. And the indulged again a few hours later. But hey, this is Normal Day, right? Lol. Somehow I don't quite feel that way but as Laura said, Tomorrow is fast day and I WILL BE fasting cause that's what I DO!!!

I had "held" last Friday so still at 19 lbs lost. And not thinking otherwise until NEXT Friday. :).

I am ready for my routine, though.

Fasting today, so far so good. This morning was up a little, but If I can knock off 1.3 pounds this week, I will be in the 170's, new numbers which is a little voodoo boost for the morale. If not this week, then perhaps next! My all time low after WLS was 174... so heading in the right direction. Vacations coming up, so I really am motivated to stick with this now.

I did not lose anything this last fast day either. actually I am bouncing instead lol. I knew this day would come sooner than later. I will be fasting tomorrow on Tuesday. Good luck to all the fasters on Tuesday.

In addition to changing my lifestyle to ADF, I am also making the major lifestyle change and total change of approach to exercise by bringing Body for Life and Strength for Life on board. 500 cals today, maybe less.