Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

P.S. - Cheri I saw what you changed your name to! LOVE IT, JUST LOVE IT!!! :wub:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

It's driving me nuts not to know my exact weight. for 4 weeks! I laid my arm across my digital scale and it said 2 lbs but that's my arm too not just the cast.

I think I m at 145 again. I'm going to have to write things down cause all these tenths of lbs drive me batty!

4 weeks before I get a true weight!

I didn't have much trouble fasting other than wanting a late night snack, so I went to bed.

P.S. - Cheri I saw what you changed your name to! LOVE IT' date=' JUST LOVE IT!!! :wub:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:[/quote']

Hehehe... I just looked at it :P

It's driving me nuts not to know my exact weight. for weeks! I laid my arm across my digital scale and it said 2 lb.s but that's my arm too not just the cast.

I think I m at 145 again. I'm going to have to write things down cause all these tenths of lbs drive me batty!

4 weeks before I get a true weight!

That would drive me crazy too! I never thought about that? That's why you were trying to weigh it! Sometimes I can be dumb as a stick :P

Does anyone else try to hide their "dieting" habits from young to pre-teen to teen girls living in their house? I have two girls (ages 11 and 12.5) and I do not tell them "oh gee' date=' today I'm eating 500 cals and I'm fasting" I worry about what that does to them and their own eating habits and behaviors. My 12 yo is already over 5'4" and probably 125-130lbs (I don't see her weight except at the dr. visits each year) so there is NO WAY IN HE)) that I need her thinking she should fast.

![/quote']

Oh that's a tough one... My daughter knows, but really doesn't care (she's 17) but she does know the mechanics as to why I'm doing it.

I think that the best you can do is keep it mum..

And keep serving healthy meals and set healthy examples when eating dinner together.

That's why I like eating chicken on a big ole plate of lettuce it has awesome volume. Yes I'm a quantity over quality type girl :P

M2G, you know my kids are a little older, daughter is 15 and son is 13. They don't know about the sleeve per se but they do know that I can't eat a lot at any given time and they've learnt that, that is just what mam does. As for the fasting, the only way I could do it successfully is to tell them that I am not eating much - I don't go into amount of cals - I just say that twice a week I am only eating two small meals to try and lose more weight because I am still too heavy and I want to be fitter and healthier. Now, this has worked a treat. They understand on my 'fast day' that I don't eat much and they don't stress me about it or question it... sometimes I eat with them, sometimes I don't. It hasn't impacted on their eating habits at all... so, so far so good.

In saying that, I haven't really told many people, including close friends what I am doing, cos they just wouldn't get it. If and when I ever shift all the extra weight that I want to and they start 'noticing' I will say it is a combination of exercise and being extra vigilant with calories... which, is exactly what the 5:2 is. It is the word 'fast' that people seem uncomfortable with!

Down a little more. MFP asked me if I wanted them to reset my calorie and exercise goals because I have lost 10 pounds since the last time I did it.... NO thank you! Doing well as I am. I don't really want to lose faster than I am at this point. Unless I hit a giant stall' date=' it will be off soon enough, and then we will see about the BIG M![/quote']

Isn't it amazing?

Eating some extras today, had carrot cake from whole foods, and some stuff from their salad bar... so yum! Luckily I went kayaking today for 2 hours, and then will have dance class this evening. That should cover the calories, but its strange sitting here eating cake!

EDIT next day- no weight gain, but the cake made me feel so yuck! When will I learn!?

aw gutted official weigh day and I didn't see the magical 160! Never mind, fingers crossed for next week! Been to Curves again this morning - no problem doing it on an empty stomach still - starting to enjoy it a lot more now and I'm seeing the benefits! Feel 'tighter' if that makes sense.

Bought some tops for holiday - had to get a size small cos the medium was hanging off me!! YEY! I know they are a 'baggy' style - bat winged - but still, a small is a small right! x

Fast day yesterday and came in at 530 calories plus a margarita !! (naughty, naughty). The scales today show the lowest number I have seen on this journey - don't want to write it down incase I jinx it. I know there will be a bounce back today but I live in hope of writing down a lower number than last week when I report my weekly weight on Monday.

Off now to mooch around Gloucester docks with dear MIL (who is so much better), we will more than likely stop for a coffee while we look at the boats then off to an open air production of round the world in 80 days tonight. There is a group going and it is a bring and share supper so I can take things I like along.

Hope everyone has a good day or has had one if you are reading this in your evening.

Coops well done a small is a small in anyone's language.

I made it through my fast day yesterday at just over 600 calories. I was doing really well, but we ended up having company for supper and they brought puffed wheat cake for dessert. I don't love puffed wheat, but I did not want to be rude either, so I had a small piece. But it still was a success overall! I was down this morning back to the lowest I have been since starting 5:2. And even though I am expecting a bounce, I am excited that my holidays didn't mess me up!

Thanks!

Unfortunately I figured out this wouldn't work today. I have leftovers from lunch yesterday with my girlfriend, and even though it's 2pm, I just heated them up and ate them. So now I'm at 622 cals at 2:25pm. And I suppose my family will expect me to feed them dinner...gah!! We don't always eat meals as a fam, but usually for dinner we try to.

Does anyone else try to hide their "dieting" habits from young to pre-teen to teen girls living in their house? I have two girls (ages 11 and 12.5) and I do not tell them "oh gee, today I'm eating 500 cals and I'm fasting" I worry about what that does to them and their own eating habits and behaviors. My 12 yo is already over 5'4" and probably 125-130lbs (I don't see her weight except at the dr. visits each year) so there is NO WAY IN HE)) that I need her thinking she should fast.

I talked to hubby about it (he is sleeved also) so it's not like it a big ole secret (he is supportive but not partaking...yet), but I do find that most people's reaction to eating 500 cals a day is not very "understanding" shall we say?

So the short vers. of the story is I will probably need to eat dinner with my family tonight, otherwise I could call it a day and not eat again until tomorrow. Pfffttt!

I am lucky, my children were very young when I had my sleeve (15 months and 3), so really, the way Mommy eats is just the way Mommy eats. I also do something similar to Laura. At supper, everyone is eating what I am eating, except I make the rest of the family a side like potatoes or rice. But everyone is eating chicken and I take lots of veggies, so my plate looks pretty full. But like I said, my kids are still young (4 and 6) and really don't pay much attention!

aw gutted official weigh day and I didn't see the magical 160! Never mind, fingers crossed for next week! Been to Curves again this morning - no problem doing it on an empty stomach still - starting to enjoy it a lot more now and I'm seeing the benefits! Feel 'tighter' if that makes sense.

Bought some tops for holiday - had to get a size small cos the medium was hanging off me!! YEY! I know they are a 'baggy' style - bat winged - but still, a small is a small right! x

Hooray, that is terrific!!

And Cheri, I noticed your username too, very funny!! :P:D

PS, How do you change it?? I can't seem to figure it out for the life of me!

All in all it looks like everyone is doing very well!

Coops! A small! I will never get into one of those, I was in a large at my lowest after surgery weight. Just a big gal. You are doing awesome!