Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think my daughter kind of looks at me in disgust sometimes. It's hard to say but true. I just don't like seeing her put such bad crap like soda in her mouth everyday, I don't buy it of course she's old enough that she saunters over to the store and buys it herself.

But when I say something to the affect of it not being a healthy thing to have on a daily basis?

She always has a comeback. And it's coming from a girl who prides herself on her "six pack" and muscular arms.

So what do I know, right?

EDIT:

Oh the thyroid? Yes I think so,because its more troublesome if it gets into the chest. Its harder to remove and a bigger surgery. He said they have to split the chest wall! big scar!!

Now wonders I ate yesterday he scared the **** outta me!

I'd like to get back to 135 too. That's where my clothes would fit me the best. That was my original goal, but I ended up getting down to 127. For the longest time, I was 130-132. I liked that.

It was hard raising a daughter with a weight problem. She was so sad at school because the boys were so mean to her. I was against her having the RNY though. I so wish the sleeve had been popular then like it is now. She is still struggling at 32. Now she is pregnant.

Hehehe.. 135 is my goal too! It sounds like a theme!

I can't remember can you do a sleeve from an RNY?

Ok figured out I can access and reply from browser on phone, just not vst app.

Tracking makes me mental too, Daisy! I just wing it, but then I'm haunted by the spectre of uncounted calories planting themselves on me. I'm too obsessive to be allowed to roam free on mfp. But I just force myself nonetheless. I'm doing it on normal days for a bit cos I've got to see what's going on overall and cos a friend is trying to lose baby weight and I want to support her.

Ok I just finished dinner at 7pm and will fast tomorrow.

You know I track everything on fast days but I've been a little lax on regular days.

So I'm going to track them again to. To make sure I'm not getting to much of a good thing!!

Glad you found a way on with your phone swizzly.

I can't remember can you do a sleeve from an RNY?

You CAN do a RNY after a sleeve, but honestly I don't think you could sleeve after RNY! I can't visualize how they would be able to do a sleeve on the little pouch that is created during an RNY, but I'm no expert. Plus they connect the lower intestine up to that little "pouch" so I would imagine there isn't much room to cut off part of the pouch while still keeping that intestine attached.

You CAN do a RNY after a sleeve, but honestly I don't think you could sleeve after RNY! I can't visualize how they would be able to do a sleeve on the little pouch that is created during an RNY, but I'm no expert. Plus they connect the lower intestine up to that little "pouch" so I would imagine there isn't much room to cut off part of the pouch while still keeping that intestine attached.

I am not sure either?? I thought I had read somewhere that the RNY is reversible because they actually do not take anything physically out, unlike the sleeve. Perhaps you would have to have a reversal and then a sleeve, but I have not idea! You are right about a sleeve to the bypass, it is called a Duodenal (sp?) Switch. The sleeve used to be the first part, but they were seeing so much success with it that they began it as its own surgery, at least that is my understanding!

I know you can't get a sleeve after an RNY because I know so many people that want to do that. I asked Dr. Aceves too. He said it is not possible. That's the problem with the RNY. They leave the wrong part of the stomach, the stretchy part.

I wish my daughter could get the sleeve and get rid of the rny. The side effects of that surgery are awful. She is only 32 and got the RNY at 25.

I know you can't get a sleeve after an RNY because I know so many people that want to do that. I asked Dr. Aceves too. He said it is not possible. That's the problem with the RNY. They leave the wrong part of the stomach' date=' the stretchy part.

I wish my daughter could get the sleeve and get rid of the rny. The side effects of that surgery are awful. She is only 32 and got the RNY at 25.[/quote']

That is so awful! She's so young too.

I don't know how I got out of the other end of today without over eating calories. My choices were horrible! I had three mini croissants, which I brought for my co-workers (yeah right!) Later I had two giant organic vegan Cookies ( still full of calories, one of them was 480 calories!) I ate a low cal dinner, and lunch... and went to the gym which gave me another 250 cals burned. Logged it all. Fasting tomorrow. Fingers crossed I get back on track in the AM.

I probably ate way too many calories today but at least they were good calories. My friend gave me 20 lbs. of cherries. I ate so many cherries! They are so good!

I spent the day going around to all my friends' houses giving cherries away. I don't even know how I would count it. They were in a huge box and I nibbled out if it on and off all day.

One of my friends convinced me to go have Mexican food. I had a chicken dish, which was healthy and only about 3 chips.

fasting tomorrow and I am not even going to weigh in the morning cause I was so happy this morning . I don't want to see the gain.

Non fast yesterday, I seemed to eat a lot mfp says 1500 cal and 70g Protein so not too bad, I was surprised. I must of made good choices!

I was hoping for a fast day today but looking at the day ahead I think I would be setting myself up to 'fail', I think I will fast tomorrow instead. That is what I like about the 5:2 it is very adaptable.

It is odd sometimes looking in here as you guys are finishing your day as I start mine.

Fasting for me today... my last mouthful was last night about 11pm (don't judge me...lol) and I am going to have some fruit and yogurt around 12.30, so that is a nice long time - been to Curves this morning - I am really surprised at how I can do the circuit with no problem on an empty stomach!

I am working afternoons today - parent teacher consultations and I won't finish until 7pm. Not taking any food and will drink herbal tea whilst I'm there. So that will give me another good window without food. I think I will have more fruit and yogurt when I get home. I just find it easy on the tummy and really filling, tasty - low cal too! Bonus!

The scale is holding fast at 164lb and I really want to see lower - please let this fast day do the job and let me break my set point once and for all...lol!

I'm fasting today. Head is not in the game. I just have too much going on. I don't do well with uncertainty and we won't know about when my husband will go for another week. It could be anywhere from three weeks to six months from now, and until that's settled I will stress. We also have a never-ending stream of guests, because everyone is thrilled we're in the states again. It's nice but also stressful. My stepson's girlfriend came in to meet us and all they've done is bicker since she's been here. Needless to say, I'm hoping that she doesn't join the family permanently. My father-in-law and hubby's stepmother will be here tomorrow night...and then I have more guests at the end of next week.

I was up three damned pounds on the scale for no really good reason this morning. Not so thrilled. This puts me up over my where I ended the last week. I hope it falls off quickly.

My non-fast days are full of imperfect foods but I'm hanging in my calorie range pretty easily. So long as I stay away from the alcohol, that is!

Glad to hear everyone had a pretty decent day yesterday. It's good to see you around, coops!

Daisy, I can think of so many wonderful things to make with all those cherries! In Bishkek we had cherry trees in our yard and it was wonderful.

FYE, I've had some days like that. In fact, I had leftover tiramisu for Breakfast yesterday, with a huge latte. Massive calories first thing in the morning.

Oh, in case anyone was wondering, tiramisu IS a slider and YES the dairy will bother a person with lactose intolerance. <_<

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm doing a fast but admit I broke it early today. I normally don't do my Protein Shake until at least after ten but I woke up and just needed to jam food in my face. So I compromised with myself - no, I won't eat that last square of tiramisu but I will have my Protein coffee at 8:30 today.

It could be worse.

~Cheri

I'm fasting today. Head is not in the game. I just have too much going on. I don't do well with uncertainty and we won't know about when my husband will go for another week. It could be anywhere from three weeks to six months from now' date=' and until that's settled I will stress. We also have a never-ending stream of guests, because everyone is thrilled we're in the states again. It's nice but also stressful. My stepson's girlfriend came in to meet us and all they've done is bicker since she's been here. Needless to say, I'm hoping that she doesn't join the family permanently. My father-in-law and hubby's stepmother will be here tomorrow night...and then I have more guests at the end of next week.

I was up three damned pounds on the scale for no really good reason this morning. Not so thrilled. This puts me up over my where I ended the last week. I hope it falls off quickly.

My non-fast days are full of imperfect foods but I'm hanging in my calorie range pretty easily. So long as I stay away from the alcohol, that is!

Glad to hear everyone had a pretty decent day yesterday. It's good to see you around, coops!

Daisy, I can think of so many wonderful things to make with all those cherries! In Bishkek we had cherry trees in our yard and it was wonderful.

FYE, I've had some days like that. In fact, I had leftover tiramisu for Breakfast yesterday, with a huge latte. Massive calories first thing in the morning.

Oh, in case anyone was wondering, tiramisu IS a slider and YES the dairy will bother a person with lactose intolerance. <_<

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm doing a fast but admit I broke it early today. I normally don't do my Protein Shake until at least after ten but I woke up and just needed to jam food in my face. So I compromised with myself - no, I won't eat that last square of tiramisu but I will have my Protein coffee at 8:30 today.

It could be worse.

~Cheri[/quote']

It's all good! Just keep on keeping on! Steady wins the race they say. It will become a lifestyle shortly and you won't have to think too much about it. I don't rarely now. Today I fasting with you!!!!! We got this!