Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

While I was away we ate out everyday and I can honestly say I miss foooooood !!!! Everyone around me having big cheeseburgers and nachos the smell of onion rings made me crazy and delicious Desserts :( I chewed on grilled chicken even though I'm on purée stage it sucks I just wanted a bite of that cheeseburger I miss it :( I guess one day I can have a slider !!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I was so happy when we were on vacation that we were at a condo with a full kitchen. We only ate out twice I think. I went to the grocery store as soon as we got there and I stocked up on all of my VSG essentials! :) As an added bonus, the rest of my family ate healthier, we had more time for active stuff like extra swimming, and we spent a lot less money than eating out all of the time.

I know it is hard at this stage to watch others eat in front of you. I just came back from Disney World and saw my family eat steaks the size of my head in front of me, but I did not feel deprived.I had a few bites then I was full. I think once your body gets used to the good things you are putting in it, you will start to crave those foods instead of junk food. We have all walked the path that you are currently on and we know how you feel. If you need support come to the forum and let us give you suugestions or tell you we know how we are feeling and lift you up. You can do this!!!! We are on your side.

Thanks guys

Ugh that's what I'm dreading also. I'll be going on vacation in 5 weeks and I'm a bit worried since ill be staying at a resort. Not much ability to cook your own food so will have to get creative.

That was my problem I brought my Protein powder and tried to do the best I could :)

I am in Ocean City MD right now and was getting a bit depressed. I am nine weeks out and I am ok to eat anything as tolerated. However, after a few bites I am full and everyone is eating sooo much it's sickening. I tried a little ice cream the other night and had a bad stomach ache. It is worth the new healthier me, but I think its normal to get a little down sometimes. Good luck to you all!

I can totally relate to the frustration and the depression part. It's hard going from your life revolving around food for everything to the exact opposite. And watching everyone else eat while you choke down grilled chicken, is depressing, at first. Then you sit back and realize that those habits were the habits that got you to the point of surgery. I became relieved when I recognized that at any other time in my life I would have fallen off my diet and would have stayed in those same fat jeans because food was more important then me. Now I know that I am more important then those fried onion rings. Hope that makes sense. If I crave something now, I take a bite of someone's greasiness, satisfy the urge, and go back to my healthy life that has gotten me close to onederland for the first time in 14 years. 10 weeks and 39 pounds so far feels better then any greasy food I have had! Good luck to you! Hang in there!

Thanks just got back from vacation and actually lost a pound or two while everyone else gained 4 or 5 lol!

I am in Ocean City MD right now and was getting a bit depressed. I am nine weeks out and I am ok to eat anything as tolerated. However' date=' after a few bites I am full and everyone is eating sooo much it's sickening. I tried a little ice cream the other night and had a bad stomach ache. It is worth the new healthier me, but I think its normal to get a little down sometimes. Good luck to you all![/quote']

I'm in OC right now! We went to Bonfire buffet with family. I ate a little prime rib and potatoes! They were really nice and only charged me for a child. My 1 and 1/2 year old nephew ate more than me and it was free for him! Lol