Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

video of my actual surgery done 5/23/2013

WOW thanks for sharing. I'm curious to know What that ball thing inside your stomach was that he moved towards the end of your surgery ? I had mine done a month a go and I wish u had asked for video too. That was pretty cool to watch. Good Luck on your weight loss !

That's called a bougie or something like that. They put it down your throat when they the cut to the stomach as a guide as to how small to make the stomach pouch... I think all surgeons use them

I also have a clotting disorder. I will be on Lovanox for ten days prior to surgery and however many days afterwards until my INR is back up to 3.5 or higher. I have had numerous surgeries in the past with no bleeding problems so I am confident that this one will go the same. Good luck on your journey.

Great work!

I also have a clotting disorder. I will be on Lovanox for ten days prior to surgery and however many days afterwards until my INR is back up to 3.5 or higher. I have had numerous surgeries in the past with no bleeding problems so I am confident that this one will go the same. Good luck on your journey.

You will do great! I wish you luck and enjoy the new you!

Thanks for sharing. This seemed a little bloodier than other surgeries I've watching online. Obviously not an issue since you haven't had any complications' date=' just curious if that jumped out at anyone else.[/quote']

That's what I thought too. I had also watched other videos that weren't nearly as bloody, but the blood thinners would make sense. Thanks for sharing the video!

I shouldn't have opened that while eating lunch.< /p>

Dr. Pleatman recorded my surgery' date=' I asked for a copy, uploaded on youtube. 24 mins long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2BtyBV6nBE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

48 days later after this surgery and I cannot believe how wonderful I am doing. Dr. Pleatman is in Michigan, I was covered by BCBS but the bulk of his patients come from out of state to pay cash. Having a surgeon with his experience and excellent reviews warranties a future without complications. I was going to a different surgeon but just when I was in my 6 month pre surgery medically supervised diet, I read about Dr. Pleatman, called the office, and switched. Best decision of my life! He is just a phone call/ email away. But I didn't have to bother him. I followed all post op instructions so my recovery was great! As of today I lost 34 lbs on my way to reach my target goal of 60 lbs down.[/quote']

WOW CONGRATS BABES :)))

SENDING MY LOVE FROM CALI

:))

Thank you so much for sharing. I couldn't pull my eyes away. My husband watched with me and we were wondering, do the staples stay in forever?. I haven't asked my doctor about that yet. Again thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing. This seemed a little bloodier than other surgeries I've watching online. Obviously not an issue since you haven't had any complications, just curious if that jumped out at anyone else.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ones on YouTube are "Best case scenarios" i.e. very little blood loss. But yes, I thought the same thing.

Thank you so much for sharing. I couldn't pull my eyes away. My husband watched with me and we were wondering, do the staples stay in forever?. I haven't asked my doctor about that yet. Again thanks for sharing.

Yes - staples stay in forever and (hopefully) make sure you never develop a leak.

Why do so many folks come from out of state to pay cash? Do you know what he charges for self-pay?

Why do so many folks come from out of state to pay cash? Do you know what he charges for self-pay?

He charges $11,000 for surgery. He gets $5,000 of that and $6,000 goes to the hosptal to cover the hospital stay and anesthesia. All the surgeons near me are charging $20-$30,000. He also, from what I can tell, has lots of experience and seems to be highly regarded. It's a five hour drive for me, but the cost savings makes it worth it. My husband was not comfortable with the idea of me going to Mexico.

Wow, that's still more than double what I am paying for Mexico. My husband isn't all that comfortable with it, either. If I could find it stateside for less than $10K, I would save my pennies. Headed to Mx next month -- of course, hoping I am making the right choice. The surgeons there are so highly regarded. I watched part of the video and then youtube lost the feed just as it was getting to the good part, so I will try again later with a faster connection. Amazing!

Wow' date=' that's still more than double what I am paying for Mexico. My husband isn't all that comfortable with it, either. If I could find it stateside for less than 10K, I would save my pennies. Headed to Mx next month -- of course, hoping I am making the right choice. The surgeons there are so highly regarded. I watched part of the video and then youtube lost the feed just as it was getting to the good part, so I will try again later with a faster connection. Amazing![/quote']

Safe trip babes :))

BEST WISHES !!!!