Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking deflated!

Funny someone brought this subject up. I just told my husband last night it looks like I'm melting. I'll be 4 months out on the 25th. Lost about 55lbs. My face is ok it's my arms. Ugh! Their awful :-/

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Yes! My arms seriously make me want to cry! The have stretch marks too so I know they aren't going to get better!

I went through some tough times on this topic myself. In the end I concluded that I saw myself pretty harshly - more so then others see me. I looked at my face in the mirror, and i felt so old looking. Yet, I constantly get unsolicited feedback about how young I look (I am 49).

I think that losing massive weight is emotionally traumatic in some ways. It is a very good thing, but it is a real shocker and for some of us, some feelings of self doubt and perhaps even self loathing surface. I would advise everyone to try to focus on the positive and to realize that with time it really does get better.

I lost 150# - nearly half my body weight - so there is no denying i need plastic surgery to have anything like a "normal" body however - I am not that bad! I look pretty ok in clothes. i look like a normal healthy woman. Out of clothes, well, I don't look good but i sure as heck look better then when I was morbidly obese. Although my face at times looks drawn and old by my eyes - according to people around me I look way younger... i have heard repeatedly that losing weight took 15 years off my looks. I am thinking that is good, since I think it added 15 years to my life!

Lately I'm finding that I am really bothered about the loose skin on my face, arms, stomach, and thighs. I feel like my face looks older than ever these days. I recently had some pictures taken with my childhood friends and wow, we all look so old now. LOL I'm 57 years old. My one friend that is the same age as me looks younger to me bc she has less wrinkles on her face....She is working on losing 100 lbs right now by eating a 1500 calorie diet. She is doing really good with sticking with it too. Now I will go get a face lift after the 1st of the year. I wonder if I will ever be happy. I will be brave a post a pic of myself and my mother who is my adopted mom. She is an awesome woman that has been a great influence in my life......:P

I forgot to attach it' date=' so here it is..... :)[/quote']

No f**king way??? Is this a picture of you??

After all these years of asking for one, you sneak it in here??? Wait I have to go look again!

Ok I'm back :D

You look great! And tall! Yay!

Actually my adopted mom is very short.....I'm 5'6". I do feel tall to a lot of others though.... LOL :) I really hate pictures of myself.......even being skinny like I am now..... :P

You look FAB, Ms S!!!! I'm very impressed!!

Love the picture!

I have to tell you a funny though - I recently started "dating" and I told my good friend that the first thing i had to get over was just how old looking men my age are...hahaha. I think we all suffer from the whole "wow do I look old - what the heck happened to 29?" feeling from time to time. For me right now, it is the back of my hands, I feel like a granny or something with all the veins and ropey looking. We just have to not be so negative about ourselves!

Love the picture!

I have to tell you a funny though - I recently started "dating" and I told my good friend that the first thing i had to get over was just how old looking men my age are...hahaha. I think we all suffer from the whole "wow do I look old - what the heck happened to 29?" feeling from time to time. For me right now, it is the back of my hands, I feel like a granny or something with all the veins and ropey looking. We just have to not be so negative about ourselves!

This is so true or me too. My arms even look ropey! LOL. I do look at men my age and wonder what the he** happen. How come they are not taking care of themselves? Then again, it's "All about Me" again. Hehehehehe..... My face is more a drag for me right now. I do know that a lot of it is in my head! LOl I love this site, it makes me laugh. :P

Ms. Skinniness, finally a pic! I have to admit, I didn't read your post well before looking at your pic and when you said you looked old and I looked at the pic, I thought your Mom was you, and you were you daughter. No way did you look like you were in your 50s!

We are about the same age. I think you look fabulous. But I'm constantly amazed at how old I look and how old many others my age look. I'm probably never going to get a face lift because I'm pain averse, it's expensive, and even if I lift my face, what about all the other old stuff. Honestly, I earned these wrinkles.

Lynda

I'll be 61 in September, but once I reach goal I'll be looking for a cosmetic surgeon for a full body lift. I'll probably have to get a home equity loan, but to me it will be worth it. Right now I've put my kitchen and bath remodel on hold since I'm paying cash for my surgery and expenses.

I forgot to attach it' date=' so here it is..... :)[/quote']

You look amazing!!!

I am almost 8 months out and I feel pretty deflated too. 130 lbs down will do it I suppose but my boobs are so saggy, my belly is horrible and I have thr bat wings too. Oh and my legs look like Jello jigglers. Lol. Don't get me wrong, I feel so much better and wouldn't trade it for anything but I wouldn't mind a surgery or 3! ;-) I'll have my tummy done eventually but probably not the other stuff, i'll just pray it tightens a bit.