Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dumping Syndrome Horror Story

I've learned my lesson!!

Just got back from the hospital about an hour ago.

I was sleeved on April 17th. I have not had any problems with loosing weight. ( Thanks be to God)

Since loosing weight hasn't been a problem I figured it was time for a treat.

I've been eating about a cup of some mixed popcorn (Carmel, yellow cheese and white cheese) for the last 3 days.

On Mondays's and Tuesday's my job provides us with lunch. Usually I have some Water with my salad, but yesterday I decided it was time for another treat I had a 7up (fooling my self since it said DIET)

Clearly I was not fooling this sleeve. Also last night my grand baby loves Lucky Charms so passing by the pantry before I went to bed I decided to grab a handful.

Around 10 I started feeling gas pains. I took a gasX. Went to sleep, my cramping woke me up around 3am. I grab 2 gasX because these cramps were more intense than before I went to sleep.

I decided to go sit on the toilet, nothing happen. Crawled back in the bed kept squirming because of the pains. I went to the toilet again.

I was starting to moan by this time, now squirming on the toilet, grabbing the small trash can in the bathroom dry heaving. By this time my husband woke up to come see about me. He grabbed a small towel wet it and came to wipe my face. I was so HOT!

No relief at all..I started sweating like crazy. I had to take off all my clothes. I've never drip sweated before. I got off the toilet and lied on the cold tile. My husband was freaking out telling me to get up asking what's wrong. I couldn't even talk. I was so weak i didn't care what kind of business I would do right there on the floor. Finally I said we have to go to the hospital, I've been food poison.

The 15 minute ride to the hospital was terrible. I tried to focus on other things, my husband actually ran a red light.

Imagine the check in at the ER.

Before I could be taken to a bed I had to get to a toilet immediately. There goes the bad cramp with a gush. I was dry heaving at the same time. The smell was Horrible my husband was in there with me and I had to keep telling him to flush for me because the smell was making me more sick.

I started feeling a little relief . They gave me a shot of morphine and zofran.

I'm home with a sore sour stomach.

My God!

I had something similar. I had some grilling Beans by Bush beans. It gave me so much gas that it ripped through my stomach and bowels causing extreme diarrhea and vomiting.

So what did the hospital say it was.....I had this reaction after taking a tylenol with cod #4. But i passed out also.

The one think I noticed is that you are not mindful of what you are eating......

This is the time you need to take advantage of the sleeve and eat high Protein with no junk food. Lucky Charms is junk food and it has no nutritional value. pop corn can get stuck in your staple line because your still healing. Carbonation is really hard on your stomach. Give your stomach a rest today by drinking Protein Shakes and eating Soup if you can. This is a whole new life style and it's hard to make all the changes needed to be successful. This is JMO and I have no judgements here. These are your choices and I hope you make better ones in the future. :P

Oh My you certainly have been through it. I hope you feel better soon!! x

I'm sorry to hear what you went through. Unfortunately, I don't get dumping syndrome. I often wish I would as it would be a not so friendly reminder to stay away from those things. Best of luck to you in your recovery.

So what did the hospital say it was.....I had this reaction after taking a tylenol with cod #4. But i passed out also.

The one think I noticed is that you are not mindful of what you are eating......

This is the time you need to take advantage of the sleeve and eat high Protein with no junk food. Lucky Charms is junk food and it has no nutritional value. pop corn can get stuck in your staple line because your still healing. Carbonation is really hard on your stomach. Give your stomach a rest today by drinking Protein shakes and eating Soup if you can. This is a whole new life style and it's hard to make all the changes needed to be successful. This is JMO and I have no judgements here. These are your choices and I hope you make better ones in the future. :P

I would like to piggy back this by saying that It would be good to find other ways to give yourself a "treat" for losing weight...

As you get further out eating these things will not give you trouble and might get you in trouble with regain...

Glad your on the mend though... :)

Wow!! Hind sight is 20/20 and I hope you are feeling better. Thank you for posting this.......I have not eaten anything I shouldn't but that doesn't mean in the future I wouldn't be tempted. Today, however after reading this I will take your 20/20 hind sight and use it! Again, I hope you feel better!

I've learned my lesson!!

I was sleeved on April 17th. I have not had any problems with loosing weight. ( Thanks be to God)

I've been eating about a cup of some mixed popcorn (Carmel' date=' yellow cheese and white cheese) for the last 3 days.

On Mondays's and Tuesday's my job provides us with lunch. Usually I have some Water with my salad, but yesterday I decided it was time for another treat I had a 7up (fooling my self since it said DIET)

Clearly I was not fooling this sleeve. Also last night my grand baby loves Lucky Charms so passing by the pantry before I went to bed I decided to grab a handful.

Around 10 I started feeling gas pains. I took a gasX. Went to sleep, my cramping woke me up around 3am. I grab 2 gasX because these cramps were more intense than before I went to sleep.< /p>

I decided to go sit on the toilet, nothing happen. Crawled back in the bed kept squirming because of the pains. I went to the toilet again.

I was starting to moan by this time, now squirming on the toilet, grabbing the small trash can in the bathroom dry heaving. By this time my husband woke up to come see about me. He grabbed a small towel wet it and came to wipe my face. I was so HOT!

No relief at all..I started sweating like crazy. I had to take off all my clothes. I've never drip sweated before. I got off the toilet and lied on the cold tile. My husband was freaking out telling me to get up asking what's wrong. I couldn't even talk. I was so weak i didn't care what kind of business I would do right there on the floor. Finally I said we have to go to the hospital, I've been food poison.

The 15 minute ride to the hospital was terrible. I tried to focus on other things, my husband actually ran a red light.

Before I could be taken to a bed I had to get to a toilet immediately. There goes the bad cramp with a gush. I was dry heaving at the same time. The smell was Horrible my husband was in there with me and I had to keep telling him to flush for me because the smell was making me more sick.

My God![/quote']

Mrs ALl the EXACT same thing happened to me AND I passed out! It was horrific. And all I had eaten different (from yogurt, Protein shakes, soft cheese) was watermelon. I thought I would die. It really makes one mindfull of how sensitive and delicate our new tummies are. I am 4 Wks out of surgery today, down 37lbs and really paying attention. This is no joke. I'm just so grateful for my sleeve. These seemingly innocuous 'treats' are poison and your tummy sent you a serious reminder. After my dumping episode (didn't go to ER) I was afraid to ingest anything. I am listening closely and every day gets better and better. I wish you all the best.

I've learned my lesson!!

I've been eating about a cup of some mixed popcorn (Carmel' date=' yellow cheese and white cheese) for the last 3 days.

Around 10 I started feeling gas pains. I took a gasX. Went to sleep, my cramping woke me up around 3am. I grab 2 gasX because these cramps were more intense than before I went to sleep.< /p>

My God![/quote']

Me too!!! This is tmi but when I have high calorie food (I don't drink soda) I sometimes have extreme cramps..I had BBQ and it felt like I was going to go on myself..but every single time I tried to go...I would cramp and feel like I was going to vomit but nothing would come out. Finally...I went. I was stopped up and then the runs...horrible!!!! I am addicted to Starbucks and the milk is giving me horrible gas pains and no weight loss since I started drinking it. Luckily my best friend wants to start a diet with me. Can't wait to lose my final 40 pounds!

I was walking through costco today to do a little bit of shopping and I was reflecting on this website. My earlier post talked about eating a lot (more than normal) and taking a Tylenol with cod. That was such a horrible experience and I never want to experience that again. so as of today, I am going to start being hypervigilant that I don't eat to much in addition to not taking the Tylenol with Cod #4. Now I know that my stomach won't stretch, it will just make me horribly sick and I will pass out too....:(

This episode has not happened to me under after a 1 1/2 years post op. Kind of scary.

I had a very similar experience before my sleeve. This is how I found out I had celiac disease. Now after the sleeve I seem to be more sensitive. Yikes!! Once you have experienced this you will not ever forget!!

I've learned my lesson!!

My God![/quote']

I didn't think that you got dumping with the sleeve? This is good to know because I don't

need to eat bad stuff anyway and if this happened to me I definitely wouldn't do it again.

better to reward yourself with a pedicure, massage or a cute new dress... rewarding yourself with food is

like a sober person rewarding themselves with a drink!

I have symptoms like this and I can't always attribute it to eating something I'm not supposed to. One day it happened after I ate 1/2 a piece of string cheese. What happens to me: I get terrrible gas pains/cramps and it feels like I need to go to the bathroom. But nothing happens - that lasts sometimes 20 mintues and it's so uncomfortable. Then I go and it's aweful - diarhea, terrible smelling gas and so much pain! And I'm usually on the toilet for 1/2 hour to an hour. Sometimes I'm back in the bathroom every half hour for a while.

I'm 2 months post op and I also had my gallbladder removed at 3 weeks post op. I was thinking this symptoms from having my gallbladder removed, but maybe it's dumping?