Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Cirangle CA Self Pay

Oh sorry also I know Dr Cirangle comes to Stockton for seminars but do you know by chance what hospitals he uses if its more than one in CA? I went to a seminar YEARS ago & don't remember! Also did you finance this? Looking for good financing. My husband would love if I stayed in the states vs Mexico which I would too personally but of course the price for self pay is a huge difference! I could pay for Mexico but states would need some financing. Sorry for the 20 questions! Ok last one (how quick are you scheduled) I start school late August & would love to do it before then. Thanks again for your responses!

Not sure if the hospital options are different for self-pay (mine was covered thru insurance) but I had my surgery with Cirangle at John Muir in Concord.

Interesting that the other poster said she had no overnight stay; maybe because it was self-pay? I stayed one night and Cirangle was willing to keep me another if I felt I needed it.

He doesn't currently offer a 5 year aftercare plan (that I was told about, anyway) but he does do a 1 year. My insurance did NOT cover that, and it was $5750 out of pocket. I don't particularly enjoy my monthly appointments with him - its true, his bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired - but I'm glad I have the resource available if I need it or anything goes wrong.

One thing I will say, I wish he had more than one nutritionist on staff. Gabriella is very nice, but I don't get the sense that she's EVER had a weight problem, let alone undergone WLS. Sometimes her answers to my questions or her advice are just ridiculous. I've found more help on this forum than I have from her. Overall, I'm very disappointed with the nutrition-assistance from Cirangle's office. I'd prefer a Nut that either had WLS or had at least experienced obesity in the past and can truly relate to his/her clients. The skinny girl telling me to "just ignore" my cravings gets old really fast.

Cirangle's web site lists their seminar dates www.lapsf.com so you can see when the upcoming ones are.

One note of caution - recovery can be hard for some people. You may want to wait until you're on a break from school before you have the surgery. It's already mid-July, if you start school in August that doesn't leave you much time to schedule, have the surgery, recover some, and then begin school. That's an awful lot of stress. I had a fairly easy recovery and was off work for two weeks, but I quickly discovered I should have taken three. Your energy levels, pain levels, emotions - all are variables that you can't predict until post-op. Give yourself plenty of time if you can.

Not sure if the hospital options are different for self-pay (mine was covered thru insurance) but I had my surgery with Cirangle at John Muir in Concord.

Interesting that the other poster said she had no overnight stay; maybe because it was self-pay? I stayed one night and Cirangle was willing to keep me another if I felt I needed it.

He doesn't currently offer a 5 year aftercare plan (that I was told about' date=' anyway) but he does do a 1 year. My insurance did NOT cover that, and it was 5750 out of pocket. I don't particularly enjoy my monthly appointments with him - its true, his bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired - but I'm glad I have the resource available if I need it or anything goes wrong.

One thing I will say, I wish he had more than one nutritionist on staff. Gabriella is very nice, but I don't get the sense that she's EVER had a weight problem, let alone undergone WLS. Sometimes her answers to my questions or her advice are just ridiculous. I've found more help on this forum than I have from her. Overall, I'm very disappointed with the nutrition-assistance from Cirangle's office. I'd prefer a Nut that either had WLS or had at least experienced obesity in the past and can truly relate to his/her clients. The skinny girl telling me to "just ignore" my cravings gets old really fast.

Cirangle's web site lists their seminar dates www.lapsf.com so you can see when the upcoming ones are.

One note of caution - recovery can be hard for some people. You may want to wait until you're on a break from school before you have the surgery. It's already mid-July, if you start school in August that doesn't leave you much time to schedule, have the surgery, recover some, and then begin school. That's an awful lot of stress. I had a fairly easy recovery and was off work for two weeks, but I quickly discovered I should have taken three. Your energy levels, pain levels, emotions - all are variables that you can't predict until post-op. Give yourself plenty of time if you can.[/quote']

I also went through John Muir in Concord. I know what you mean about Gabriella, but she really does try to help. I've gotten a little carb crazy and fallen off my program since I just had my gallbladder removed, so I'm going in to see her this week.

When did you have your surgery!? Since you were self pay did you have to do all the things that insurance payers had to do that Mexico doesn't require!? Like psych eval' date=' so many months on a diet, etc!?[/quote']

July 31, 2012. I did have to do psych eval, recent pap, physical, etc. I had to disclose all the diets I've been on but didnt need proof.

Oh sorry also I know Dr Cirangle comes to Stockton for seminars but do you know by chance what hospitals he uses if its more than one in CA? I went to a seminar YEARS ago & don't remember! Also did you finance this? Looking for good financing. My husband would love if I stayed in the states vs Mexico which I would too personally but of course the price for self pay is a huge difference! I could pay for Mexico but states would need some financing. Sorry for the 20 questions! Ok last one (how quick are you scheduled) I start school late August & would love to do it before then. Thanks again for your responses!

He uses quite a few hospitals but I don't know which ones besides the one in SF, San Jose, and Concord. I paid part cash and the rest I used our paid-off truck to finance through our credit union. So the interest rate is low. They were super accommodating and got me in within weeks. It was because of a cancellation they had. I also work at a school and with surgery on the 31st, I had 3 weeks to recover before going back. It couldn't have worked out more perfectly.

I also went through John Muir in Concord. I know what you mean about Gabriella' date=' but she really does try to help. I've gotten a little carb crazy and fallen off my program since I just had my gallbladder removed, so I'm going in to see her this week.[/quote']

I agree, she's very nice, I just don't find her terribly helpful. I don't get much in the way of NEW advice from her, it's always the same stuff (don't eat carbs, eat more Protein, ignore your cravings). I guess I just think that a Nut who's walked in our shoes would be a better choice than one who hasn't. She just can't seem to relate to the challenges I have, or understand. I just feel frustrated after talking to her sometimes.

I also have a hard time getting any time with her. She's canceled the last 2 appts I had scheduled, and wouldn't even schedule this month's - just said 'oh, I'll see you when you come in'. When I DO get an appt with her, it's always 10 or 15 mins, then she has to rush off. I just do NOT feel like I am getting my money's worth when it comes to her.

I'm glad she's working for you - I just wish there was another option on staff for me.

I agree' date=' she's very nice, I just don't find her terribly helpful. I don't get much in the way of NEW advice from her, it's always the same stuff (don't eat carbs, eat more Protein, ignore your cravings). I guess I just think that a Nut who's walked in our shoes would be a better choice than one who hasn't. She just can't seem to relate to the challenges I have, or understand. I just feel frustrated after talking to her sometimes.

I also have a hard time getting any time with her. She's canceled the last 2 appts I had scheduled, and wouldn't even schedule this month's - just said 'oh, I'll see you when you come in'. When I DO get an appt with her, it's always 10 or 15 mins, then she has to rush off. I just do NOT feel like I am getting my money's worth when it comes to her.

I'm glad she's working for you - I just wish there was another option on staff for me.[/quote']

Oh, I see. Yes I kinda wish she had WLS so she understood better. I know one girl in the office had bypass by Dr C a few years ago but I don't if anyone else has. I've never met with Gabriella this whole year...just the first time and when I have questions, we email. This time she suggested coming in to talk, so we'll see how that goes and how long it lasts. It's a bit of a drive for me so it better be more than 10 min!

One note of caution - recovery can be hard for some people. You may want to wait until you're on a break from school before you have the surgery. It's already mid-July' date=' if you start school in August that doesn't leave you much time to schedule, have the surgery, recover some, and then begin school. That's an awful lot of stress. I had a fairly easy recovery and was off work for two weeks, but I quickly discovered I should have taken three. Your energy levels, pain levels, emotions - all are variables that you can't predict until post-op. Give yourself plenty of time if you can.[/quote']

If everything is on quicker side there's about a 6week time frame till I start school, if I was to choose to go to Mexico I could have it done the 9th & have 2 1/2 weeks before I went to school, the first weeks is usually going over the syllabus & light lecture! I would just skip this semester but I'm on a deadline to apply for the nursing program or wait another full year! I don't feel comfortable at school it's been 8 years since I've gone & was so close to being able to apply for the nursing program (I stopped because I felt insecure about my self/weight) I've only taken summer classes this past year & I'm already starting to feel the anxiety of fall classes! The stupid little desktops that dig into your stomach, or squeezing into the chairs! Taking a speech class & getting up in front of everyone assuming they're just staring & making fun! Ugh I just don't want to have to deal with that this semester (I want to be able to fit into the seats & walk around the campus without being winded) (Those aren't obviously all my reasons for wanting surgery but the reason to want it done sooner than later) I've read some people have been fine with only a 2wk rest & yes I know everyone is different. Thanks for the concern of a post op patient I do appreciate it!

If everything is on quicker side there's about a 6week time frame till I start school' date=' if I was to choose to go to Mexico I could have it done the 9th & have 2 1/2 weeks before I went to school, the first weeks is usually going over the syllabus & light lecture! I would just skip this semester but I'm on a deadline to apply for the nursing program or wait another full year! I don't feel comfortable at school it's been 8 years since I've gone & was so close to being able to apply for the nursing program (I stopped because I felt insecure about my self/weight) I've only taken summer classes this past year & I'm already starting to feel the anxiety of fall classes! The stupid little desktops that dig into your stomach, or squeezing into the chairs! Taking a speech class & getting up in front of everyone assuming they're just staring & making fun! Ugh I just don't want to have to deal with that this semester (I want to be able to fit into the seats & walk around the campus without being winded) (Those aren't obviously all my reasons for wanting surgery but the reason to want it done sooner than later) I've read some people have been fine with only a 2wk rest & yes I know everyone is different. Thanks for the concern of a post op patient I do appreciate it!

[/quote']

Wish you well! Best of luck on your journey! :)