Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was at this doctors office and this man asked me if I was pregnant, and then he says are you having a boy or girl? I looked at him and said for the first time EVER (because in the past I've been embarrassed and will just say oh yeah or whatever) I am not pregnant, and I don't look pregnant either. He was all apologetic and I left out after my boyfriend and I were done. And cried :( my bf got mad and was like don't let someone upset u like that blah blah. Well u don't know how it feels. I used to get this all the time before my surgery. I know I'm only three months out but I have lost a TON of weight. It really discouraged me because no one has asked me that in probably over a year. I mean a total of like 4 people have asked me in the past. And it hurt then. But not like now. Sorry! Had to vent...

Well, I adviseall not to ask about pregnancy unless you actually SEE the baby's crown... But that's ANOTHER story. I know this is upsetting, but you are on the right path and you know it. Try not to let ignoramuses get into your head... all that does is make you want an Oreo!

Best of luck!

I saw your pics on your previous post; you look great! Don't let one fool get you down. You do NOT look pregnant, he was just an idiot! Be proud of how far you've come, not just physically, but mentally as well - you were able to answer him, whereas you didn't in the past! Keep up the good work, you look great!

Thank you and thank you for the laugh lol. Want am Oreo and crowning. Lol I'm cracking up. And yes I understand it was just weird because he was an older guy. I mean like 45-50. So he should know better lol

WTH is wrong with people? I doubt that this fool was trying to be mean or hurtful but it doesn't sound like he was trying to be kind either. Please don't let this socially inept idiot's thoughtless remarks take away from your amazing success.

Yes I know. I guess I was just so appalled that I actually stood up for myself instead of being like oh I don't know what I'm having. And there was another person sitting their looking at me. I'm like wow. Seriously I would never ask someone that question because of this! Like u really don't know.

Ugh he did apologize. I hope he felt like an ass. "Oh you're not pregnant" NOPE lol

I'm glad you spoke up too. Ji don't know if i would have been able to. At least je apologized. The good thing is that he is one guy that will not likely ever make that mistake again. One down, 100000000000000000000000 to go.

I have had it both ways since my surgery......People telling me that I was always huge and that I won't make it...To your not losing any more weight are you...You look pale....

I have decided not to take it anymore either...I now speak up and ask what are you are looking at...Or I say..NO..I still have weight to lose....

Prejudice is learned and if someone makes an off hand comment you can almost excuse it..But in my case these are people who know me...I have dumped the negative ones..And feel much lighter now....

Thank you for all the inspiring words. And I agree. Will no longer tolerate people talking down to me. I'm only three months out. I have a while to go... People are just ignorant.

I would have said, "I am pregnant, the aliens abducted me and experimented on me. The invasion is only days away, run for your miserable life"

Most people if you just say something so off the wall that they don't expect it will just shut up and turn around and say nothing. Then they stew about what you said and come up with like 100 comebacks they should have said. Which of course is too late to say any of them :)

I get asked this at work a lot & i tell them oh I'm due in 2015. They have a new program that lets you stall til they can take care of themselves.

Or I just flat out say no i'm just fat, get over it.

allons-y

People are stupid! Don't let him get to you. At 4 weeks out I had lost 20 lbs and 2 pant sizes. I went to see my boyfriends mom and she looked at me and said "well you look the exact same." I was soooo pissed and upset. I cried the whole way home and was yelling at her in my head (she is an extremely heavy woman to top it off). I finally realized she has always been catty. I let it go, and I continued to lose. She told me on Fourth of July ( i had lost 38 lbs 4 pant and shirt sizes) that I'm "starting" to look good. Ugh!

Some people just don't understand how hurtful they can be. I'm sure you look amazing! Don't let others bring you down! You should be on cloud 9!

Perhaps we should remind those people who say things like this how rude they are being.

I was at this doctors office and this man asked me if I was pregnant, and then he says are you having a boy or girl? I looked at him and said for the first time EVER (because in the past I've been embarrassed and will just say oh yeah or whatever) I am not pregnant, and I don't look pregnant either. He was all apologetic and I left out after my boyfriend and I were done. And cried :( my bf got mad and was like don't let someone upset u like that blah blah. Well u don't know how it feels. I used to get this all the time before my surgery. I know I'm only three months out but I have lost a TON of weight. It really discouraged me because no one has asked me that in probably over a year. I mean a total of like 4 people have asked me in the past. And it hurt then. But not like now. Sorry! Had to vent...

That really is a reflection on who he is and not at all who you are. You're worked hard to get to where you are now - we here understand it, we've been through it, and we get it. He's an outsider, he may never get it but that's not your problem. You keep doing what you're doing - sooner than you realize they'll be asking for a date instead of how pregnant you are.