Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"you must feel so much better now..."

Yeah, people can be stupid. And rude. And self righteous. And plain ole mean. I usually pretend they mean well, lol. Someone at work today told me she didn't know who I was and asked someone, and was "shocked". I took it as a compliment, haha!

Okay..so I have you all beat regarding insensitive and ignorant dummies.

I had a woman in my clothing shop with her little tennis buddy and they noticed I lost weight....my husband also recently closed his bakery 8 months ago so I could expand my store into his space. ( his was a thankless business I was happy to see go) she rudely said is that why he closed after I very openly said I had weight loss surgery. She laughed. I was taken aback, seriously..what a mean spirited jerk. And cheap I might add. She made a big deal about her purchase...I really wanted to tell her off but it's a small village and one of the reasons I am so busy is my personality..and I've got great lines too but I know people feel comfortable shopping because I am easy going and nice. I have never had someone be so rude and joke about my weight...and to combine it with my husbands biz....I truly despised her...Lol, still do. I am growing a bit tired of all the comments but most mean well.....she was the only one I found upsetting. She also looks like a toad...like I have always said.....at least I can lose weight, she's just ugly!

The more thin I get--- the more painfully aware I am of how so many people are predjudice against overweight folks.. All around me, I hear strangers say awful things. They don't know I was fat. Amazing and sad. I find myself going out of my way to be nice to obese people in public. Cuz it really hurt a lot when I was there. I DO FEEL BETTER-- EMOTIONALLY AND BODY. How can I not? And everybody knows when you lose weight you feel better--even though you continue to do everything you always did...

Okay..so I have you all beat regarding insensitive and ignorant dummies.

I had a woman in my clothing shop with her little tennis buddy and they noticed I lost weight....my husband also recently closed his bakery 8 months ago so I could expand my store into his space. ( his was a thankless business I was happy to see go) she rudely said is that why he closed after I very openly said I had weight loss surgery. She laughed. I was taken aback, seriously..what a mean spirited jerk. And cheap I might add. She made a big deal about her purchase...I really wanted to tell her off but it's a small village and one of the reasons I am so busy is my personality..and I've got great lines too but I know people feel comfortable shopping because I am easy going and nice. I have never had someone be so rude and joke about my weight...and to combine it with my husbands biz....I truly despised her...Lol, still do. I am growing a bit tired of all the comments but most mean well.....she was the only one I found upsetting. She also looks like a toad...like I have always said.....at least I can lose weight, she's just ugly!

OH MY GOSH That is AWFUL! People can be so horrible. I am reading a book given to me by my therapist that was written in 1982 called "Feeding the Hungry Heart." (In fact, I think it was also recommended to me on this site, but my therapist gave me a copy to read). This story reminds me of the essays in that book—how people can say such horrible, hurtful things. I'm so sorry you had to hear that, and I hope that woman gets smacked in the head with an errant tennis ball. <3

I work in a large office park and my weight gets commented on about 3-5 times a day. And that's the comments I hear! My weight seems to be the big topic each and everyday and I'm tired of it. I'm not at work to talk about weight all day long and I know people are trying to be nice, even when they say many of the comments mentioned above but come on! I'm over it already!!!! There is more to me than my weight! I need to change jobs where no one knew me fat!

The next time someone says that to you, I would say " oh my gosh I do feel so much better now. I don't have people saying stupid **** to me anymore...no wait...."