Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Minnesota

Just thought I'd poke my head back in!

Hi everyone! How is bariatric life treating you all?

I was sleeved on the 30th at United in St. Paul. I also live in St. Paul.

How is your sleeved life treating you these days? Welcome to the loser's bench!

Hi all! I feel so good right now. Best decision ever to get rid of that wicked band and have VSG. My surgery was on May 29th with Dr. Jones at PNC and at 3 1/2 months out, I'm losing steadily for the most part. A couple of questions 1) How long were you all in Prilosec? I tried going off at 2 months post op and had bad heartburn at night...so PNC has me staying on it a bit longer. 2) What about weight stalls? I've been the same weight for over a week. Maybe I should kick up my Protein or exercise?? I'm down almost 60lbs from before surgery. I know that's good, but this stall makes me a little nervous. I have a long way to go to get to my goal....it's a crazy good journey.

I'm looking for anyone who is or has been sleeved at U of M. I'm tentatively looking at late October for mine and would like to hear feedback from others who have chosen this provider.

Cat

Edited by Bacon-n-Limes

Bacon-n-limes I was sleeved at the U OF M by Dr. Leslie on July 21st this year.... Best decision I ever made & top care & he & his team are unbelievable!!!! I could never have enough good things to say about the U OF M & my care by Dr Leslie & the hospital.... Everything was top notch, they were so helpful, he is the mist kind & patient man with answering questions. They call you back quickly from voicemails.... He FIXED my hiatial hurnia that my GASTRO said I didn't have!!! I have had heartburn for over 10 years! I am heartburn free now! They were so on top of knowing everything about me from top to bottom & inside and out before I went into surgery so there was no room for error. The hospital staff was amazing also!! I was deciding between either mayo of U OF M because if I had this surgery I was only going to go to the best in all of Minnesota.... Both are the top two for the surgery. Mayo is first but I live north of Plymouth so I didn't want to drive 2 hrs to mayo lol. U OF M was much closer and I knew their care was impeccable as well. I wish you all the best!! Let me know if you go with U OF M!! ????????????????

I'm in Minnesota :)

I'm in Minnesota :)

Hi LoseitKacy! ???????? where are you? I am in Twin Cities area. NW suburbs

I'm in Woodbury :) having my surgery at St Jose on September 30th

Awesome!! Good luck girl!!!

Hi all! I feel so good right now. Best decision ever to get rid of that wicked band and have VSG. My surgery was on May 29th with Dr. Jones at PNC and at 3 1/2 months out, I'm losing steadily for the most part. A couple of questions 1) How long were you all in Prilosec? I tried going off at 2 months post op and had bad heartburn at night...so PNC has me staying on it a bit longer. 2) What about weight stalls? I've been the same weight for over a week. Maybe I should kick up my Protein or exercise?? I'm down almost 60lbs from before surgery. I know that's good, but this stall makes me a little nervous. I have a long way to go to get to my goal....it's a crazy good journey.

Hello fellow Minnesotans! I live in the Twin Ports area and I am scheduled for my revision from lap band to sleeve on October 29th. Been steadily gaining weight since January despite not changing my eating habits or exercise routine. After several fills and unfills to check my fill levels, and a fluoroscopy in July, it was discovered that my band had sprung a leak and so will no longer hold fills. Went through the revision progress and I was approved on September 15th. Looking forward to surgery and being able to lose the 50lbs that I have gained. I will be having my surgery at Essentia Health in Duluth with Dr. Bettendorf.

Hello fellow Minnesotans! I live in the Twin Ports area and I am scheduled for my revision from lap band to sleeve on October 29th. Been steadily gaining weight since January despite not changing my eating habits or exercise routine. After several fills and unfills to check my fill levels, and a fluoroscopy in July, it was discovered that my band had sprung a leak and so will no longer hold fills. Went through the revision progress and I was approved on September 15th. Looking forward to surgery and being able to lose the 50lbs that I have gained. I will be having my surgery at Essentia Health in Duluth with Dr. Bettendorf.

Good luck tomorrow Kristina! ^_^

It looks like you are a month post-surgery. How is everything going for you LoseItKacy?

Edited by Mountedshooter

How is it going Kacy?

We meet once a month and would love to have you join us. We are deciding on a date right now but we are planning to meet at Bakers Square in Roseville will let you know which Saturday

Linda, can you please let me know when/where you meet? I'd be interested in meeting your group. Thank you.

I live in St. Paul. I was just approved by my insurance for my surgery!

pam