Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curios question........What is your average weight loss each week?

I know there are some weeks that we don't lose weight and other times it's a great week but on the average what is your normal weight loss for a week? I am now 4 weeks and a few days post op and I would really like to see more weight loss than I have. I haven't cheated and started exercising. I just got back home from vacation and didn't cheat and will weigh myself in the morning but I think it will only be 1 or 2 pound loss. It just is coming off so slowly!!

But it is coming off..slow and steady wins the race.

I'm 6 months post op and in the last 3 months I've only lost 20 pounds so that's about 6 pounds a month. I think average weekly loss depends on different factors such as calorie/protein intake, exercise(or lack there of), etc. everyone is different. My doctor keeps reminding me how impossible it would have been for me to loose 70 pounds on my own and that I should quit complaining and be happy lol.

I'm 6 months post op and in the last 3 months I've only lost 20 pounds so that's about 6 pounds a month. I think average weekly loss depends on different factors such as calorie/protein intake, exercise(or lack there of), etc. everyone is different. My doctor keeps reminding me how impossible it would have been for me to loose 70 pounds on my own and that I should quit complaining and be happy lol.

Your doctor is right when he said it was impossible without the surgery so that is uplifting!! Thank you, I guess I am just to darn impatient and want to see the new me quicker! I am exercising and I truly have been very good avoiding those darn yummy carbs without fail. Prior to surgery I could have done the same thing and I wouldn't have seen the loss. Thank you! :)

OMG I was just gonna start a thread about this.....I'm 5 weeks post op and I'm only down 24.5 and though I know it's a slow process -I'm wondering when I'm gonna look in the mirror and say "HOLY CRAP WHERE'D ALL THE WEIGHT GO?" Just wondering when are my "fat" pants gonna start falling off my not so Fat ass! The bad part is I'm exercising (walking). Because now I may have a fractured foot....fun fun fun!

I have been struggling with the same thinking! I am down 18 pounds in 6 weeks, and I thought it would be faster too. I realized I had "magical thinking" that the surgery would be my moment to blink my eyes and the weight would all be gone! Don't we wish!

The people I find inspirational with their weight loss from bariatric surgery lost the weight over 12 - 18 months, I need to "get real" and quit thinking I should be losing 3 lbs a week!

Instead of focusing on weight loss right now, I am focused on getting all my Protein, Water and exercise in each day. I KNOW the weight will come off if I stay on program and manage those 3 things!

It is so funny to me to read stuff like this because it reminds me of where I was two years ago. I was so impatient...and I wanted my weight...that had taken me 18 years to collectively add to my body to fall off over night while I was sleeping...lol

It does seem like it takes forever while you are in the process, but then all of a sudden the end sneaks up on you and then you are looking back and can't believe it happened by so fast. Just be patient. It didn't appear over night, it won't go away over night. Keep motivated to exercise...because that helps people lose soooo much faster! Good luck :)

I don't have a weekly average. I've lost about 11 pounds a month, but haven't lost every month. Sonce I'm 8 months out, down 90 pounds .....that's where I get that number. It's so sporadic, don't get discouraged!

1-2 pounds although it was higher the first 3 weeks.

I lost about 7 lbs the first week out, then only a total of 3 lbs. over the next 12 or so days. But magically, something kicked in at week 4, and I lost about another 6 lbs. Today I am exactly 5 weeks out, and a total of 20 lbs down. Less than I thought, but I will take it! Combined w my pre-op efforts, I'm down about 42 lbs. total. Mind you, those pre-op 22 lbs took about 3 MONTHS to take off. So, I am thankful for my 20 lbs, and I will just be patient. "Slow" loss is actually not that slow for me!

I had surgery on June 21 (almost 3weeks ago) and have lost 25lbs. BUT in the last 4 days, I have not lost any weight at all. I was weighing myself everyday but have decided to stop doing that and only check my progress weekly. Being patient is so annoying!!

14 pounds per month.

I'm 2.5 months out and for almost two months have lost 2-3 lbs a week. It's slowing to 1-2 lbs a week now, but still moving continually!

I am 11 months out and I have lost 150lbs, so average 13.5 a month!!! There were many weeks I didn't lose any and it was very frustrating but just stay with your plan, the weight will come off!