Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to vent about stupid people

I post a lot of stuff on Facebook and a few days ago I posted a pizza dip that I made. Immediately I started getting comments from people I don't really know that well and one I had never met in person (friend of a friend), all telling me that my dip was too high in fat and my diet should be low fat.

I told them that my doctor told me count carbs and Protein and not to worry about anything else right now, so this dip was low-carb, high protein and it was fine for me to eat. Then they kept insisting that I need to eat low fat because they knew someone who did and lost weight and someone else knew someone who gained the weight back after lapband surgery because they were eating too much far, so on, so forth.

Seriously? My doctor has been in the weight loss field for longer than I've been alive and I've already lost 75 lbs under his care. So maybe, just maybe, he knows what he's talking about. It's really pissing me off that people think they can just tell me how I should eat.

Does anyone else have this problem? I cleaned out several people from my friend's list the other day, but I hate to delete people.

I wouldn't bother "feeding the trolls" - let them say what they want and don't bother responding. My doctor would concur with yours, by the way :)

If I bothered to respond at all, I would probably say something like "Thanks for your interest. I'm on a medically supervised diet, and this fits within my approved diet plan. You should, of course, follow your own doctor's or dietician's advice." That's all the response they'd get from me, and I wouldn't discuss it further with them unless they had questions that I felt like answering :P

Everyone "thinks" they are an expert! The only people who really know how you feel and what you are doing are the people who have had the sleeve. You could choose to ignore, delete or educate them as to the sleeved life. That's up to you. Me? I'd delete them. We need positive people to help us in this journey of ours.

Congratulations on your weight loss!!

Could you share your recipe with us? Thanks!!

You should really amp it up on Facebook. Post pics of your dip - photo shopped to look like you're eating it from a full 5 gallon bucket using a little garden shovel. :-P

P.S. I love irking the trolls. :-)

Exactly why I've NEVER posted on Facebook that I ever even had lapband surgery 4 yrs ago or about my sleeve revision next week. Occasionally people who I don't see often will comment on how great I look in new pics, but other than that, no one in FB world needs to know, therefore opening up myself to detrimental comments.

No clue why I was embarrassed at first about my wls, but I was. I was ashamed that I couldn't do it on my own, basically giving up. I'm proud now about how well I've done and have come close to announcing on fb about my surgery. But alas, I had a slip and gained back 30 lbs. SO, so, so glad I never announced it. Can you imagine what I'd be hearing now? and now that I'm planning a 2nd surgery? Wow. My page would be on fire.

I wish you luck with that. Really, I do.

Could you share your recipe with us? Thanks!!

Hehehe... That's what I was thinking!

See the only thing she did wrong was posting it in a place like Facebook instead of a place like here where people will get the true value of such recipe!!!

Hehehe... That's what I was thinking!

See the only thing she did wrong was posting it in a place like Facebook instead of a place like here where people will get the true value of such recipe!!!

I know!!! And pizza dip! Sounds heavenly :-)

I'm with marfar7. Very few people who are not on this website actually know that I had surgery at all. Idk. I would either defriend them or tell them...well I don't think I can say on here what I would tell them. :P

Here's the recipe for the dip. It's amazing, fat and all. http://www.scrapbookoftruth.com/2013/07/05/low-carb-bacon-pizza-dip/

I posted a picture of the salmon with herbs and spinach that I made last night and strangely, no one had anything to say about it.

If you guys have Pinterests, then please add me. I need more low-carb recipes popping up in my feed. http://pinterest.com/starlabranche/food-ive-made/

OMG!!! Yuuuuuuuummmmm!!!!!!

Thanks Happycat!!

Be strong. Ignore them. You know what is right for you and in consultation with your doctor, this journey will be your success.

I like the 5 gallon tub idea!

This dip sounds freaking delish! AND IT HAS BACON OMG!!!!!

The 5 gallon tub thing totally reminds me of the girl who entered American Apparel's plus sized model contest to mock them. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2035266/American-Apparels-search-plus-size-model-won-spoof-entry-intended-campaign-AGAINST-controversial-brand.html

I could totally do a photo shoot of me swimming in ranch dressing, lol.