Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I decided to Celebrate my 8 week anniversary with my first beef meal at the burger mecca ----5 guys!!! I had 2 bites and threw up for the first time in about 3 weeks..............those two bites were wonderful but oh boy that quickly changed...........i have heard people say beef that they have the most trouble with beef products but Help!! I have ALWAYS loved beef any suggestions?

I'm sure it was the incredible amount of grease that made you puke.

I'm also near Jacksonville. I can eat ground beef, but I seem to have issues if it is formed into a patty, meatloaf or meatball. For 4th of July my parents cooked out and I took a 1/4 of a burger and crumbled it up with my fork, I put a dab of steak sauce on my plate and did fine. Then I got over confident and Sat I took 1/4 of a patty at another bbq, and tried to eat it in bites. I don't know if I took too big of a bite, or if I didn't chew well enough but I was miserable for about an hour. :( At least I know for now what I need to do. I'm also right at 8 weeks postop. ETA: I did really really lean beef, and when I eat it as ground beef, I cook it and rinse it with super hot Water to rinse off as much grease as possible, always have done it this way.

It is probably just a little to early for it. I have had five guys burgers without any problems but I was at about 5 months out when I did. I didn't try eating hamburger patties at all until I was about 3 months out. So try again at a later point and you may be able to handle it. Good Luck.

Omg! I just realized how sarcastic and rude my previous post sounded! I'm so sorry. What I meant was, I've had 5 guys once and it was greasy and delicious! Haha. But early out, greasy food made me really sick. Also, ground beef in the form of a patty or meatball was a little hard on the sleeve. I'm sure you'll be able to handle beef it might just take a while. Everything is trial and error right now. At 8 months out I don't have problems with any foods.

I'm not allowed beef for 6 months.

I'm guessing the grease was the problem. Ground beef was actually one of the first foods my nutritionist suggested in my soft foods phase. As long as it was chewed well. I am 4 weeks post op, and able to eat meatballs and ground beef in chili just fine.

I decided to Celebrate my 8 week anniversary with my first beef meal at the burger mecca ----5 guys!!! I had 2 bites and threw up for the first time in about 3 weeks..............those two bites were wonderful but oh boy that quickly changed...........i have heard people say beef that they have the most trouble with beef products but Help!! I have ALWAYS loved beef any suggestions?

I'm sorry, it could be the bread and not the beef.

Five Guys was my favorite place BEFORE my sleeve. I actually went for the fries. I can't imagine it tasting good now -- all that grease!

Ground beef is on my soft foods list and I have had burgers at some really fancy restaurants -- really lean. No bun, a little cheese. I can eat about 1/3 of a good sized burger. I am 8 weeks out, and, knock on wood, no problems with beef.

Thanks for all the advice so i will try again in about 3 months

Beef in small portions, chewed very, very well has mot given me any troubles. I do not eat the bread though. I'm 6 weeks out.

So am I the only crazy one who dove into a bag of beef Jerky a soon as I was given the "all clear" at six weeks and had steak in week 7? Sleeve of steel I tell you.. Sleeve of STEEL!