Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone bold enough to admit that they drink a lot? I asked my coordinator when I could drink and he said wait about 6 months. 9 days after surgery I went to remove my stitches and I asked my doctor when i could drink and he said when ever I want just to drink slowly. Well that was enough for me! I began drinking 12 days later and have not stopped ever since. I probably drink 3 times a week. I'm 3 months out and I've lost 45 pounds. Could it be that I haven't lost more because I drink so much? I honestly believe it is hard for me not to drink. My social life consist of drinks drinks drinks

There are many things that I'm sure all of us do that doesn't follow our Drs orders, and there are many things we do we know we shouldn't do. Some of them really aren't that bad, like I drink out of a straw, all the time. I eat Desserts like cake and Cookies probably at least twice to 3 times a week. The key to these 'bad' behaviors is moderation and admission. If you feel like you need to drink in a social situation and your sleeve tolerates it, then go for it. I drink with my sleeve. I did wait 6 months, and I have maybe half a drink every few weeks or so, also as a social thing. I do think that alcohol is empty calories and is probably hindering you from losing more weight faster. Another key reason many Drs don't want us drinking is due to transfer addictions. If you have had a true food addiction, it is easy to transfer that addiction to alcohol, gambling or even sex. If you want to drink, you are an adult, and you're the only one that can modify this behavior if you're really concerned about it, otherwise, congrats on your sleeve.

Alcohol has lots of sugar in it and when drinking it, this could decrease your ability to lose weight but also, it loosens you up enough to make poor eating choices. Open ended choices will not give you the best results. Maybe have some parameters if you won't give it up. I do understand your conflict. I had a diet soda addiction for over 35 years. No caffeine now and no carbonation for me. The trade off is worth the weight loss for me. I hope you can reconcile the drinking and the weight loss. Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches