Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restaurants and gastric sleeve card

I love taking left overs home but I don't eat them. I like that my husband, son, or daughter eats them. When I've asked about price break after asking for a really small portion they've told me no. I completely forgot about ordering a side. Lol :)

What are some restaurants that honor the sleeve card so you can get a child's plate? I'm having trouble finding some.

At cracker Barrell you can always order from the kids menu with or without your card.

That's interesting about the card. Haven't heard about that. I will definately look in to restaurants that are sleeve friendly.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/RestaurantCard.html Is one example of the card' date=' and a list of places that take it. I will say Olive Garden does have a grilled chicken kids meal that is really good.[/quote']

thank you for the link

Sent from my iPad using VST

What are some restaurants that honor the sleeve card so you can get a child's plate? I'm having trouble finding some.

My surgeon provided me with a similar card and I have used it twice. Once the restaurant was wonderful and accommodating. The other time, the place wouldn't reduce the fee but would reduce the portion. The latter place is not longer a restaurant my family and friends will go as a result. I'm sure I'll encounter other places that will try to stick to their "kids menu for kids under 12" rule... And I'm prepared to leave.

I used my card only once that was at a all you can eat buffet and she was so nice she gave me the kids price and told me another person came in today with the same request but some of the restaurants kids meals are terrible so I share with whom ever I go out to dinner with or I get a appetizer. But believe me my boyfriend and I have saved a lot of money the passed 4months because we would eat out every weekend. :)

I was given the card, never used it. Our resturant habits changed a lot once I was sleeved. We tend to eat "family style" now and only order what we think we will eat as a family, not on an individual basis. I have two young kids and my wife and all of us can easily eat from two dinner plates. Depending on the resturant, we can get a way with one appitizer plate and a dinner.< /p>

We never go to buffet's anymore, overpriced, crappy canned/mass produced food warmed up in a microwave.