Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 day 12 hours...of being fat

Really? I've been fat for the last 15 years. Now i know...1 day 12 hours until surgery. I've been fine all day but something so stupid set me off and now I'm mildly freaking out.

There is nothing I want more than to do this. However - totally going to barf. In like 5 seconds. Ill be so happy once the anticipation of it is over. I hate needles! I hate hospitals. I hate doctors.

But I loooove shopping, dating, not being winded, and bikram yoga. All worth it. (Still gonna barf)

Stop it! You are not going to barf! This is a wonderful journey you are about to take and it is so worth it....

Take some deep breaths, hold your breath for a few seconds and then exhale! You will be fine. The needle is just a prick, the doctor is there for your best interest, he is your friend, and the hospital is a clean environment to launch you on your journey. You will be in the hospital for a very short period of time. In fact you are so lucky, you will have a pump that gives you morphine when you need it. Morphine helped me sleep pretty much the whole entire time I was there. I was very comfortable. :P In fact, I pushed that button every time I woke up...... :P

What she said!! :)

This is the first I heard of a morphine pump.. I think this will be my best friend. This was great info. Still not sure of what will be happening after surgery. Your input will be nice to hear if you have time....

I agree with everyone above. You are going to do fine. I managed quite well without a morphine pump. Must have had something else.

Work on meditating and trying your best to not focus on the process. Instead, keep your mind (and I know its hard) on what brought you here and where you're headed.

12 days sleeved...and bragging about it. Join the club...you're going to love it!

I agree with everyone above. You are going to do fine. I managed quite well without a morphine pump. Must have had something else.

Work on meditating and trying your best to not focus on the process. Instead' date=' keep your mind (and I know its hard) on what brought you here and where you're headed.

12 days sleeved...and bragging about it. Join the club...you're going to love it![/quote']

So glad to hear that! Thank you!

OH you are about to start on a fantastic journey! You are going to be just fine. The hospital, needles, yucky stuff will only last for a few days but this journey will begin and you will experience a lifetime of changes! You can do it! No worries darlin! Happy Beginning of the new journey, you are on your way!

I was scared too...but once you actually get in there everything happens really fast. Starting with getting registered and then all the nurses fretting over you--time will fly. I had the morphine pump too.. was very happy with that!! Take a deep breath and imagine 6 months from now-- possibly being at you goal weight and loving it! Is that you in the picture???? Good luck and get back here quick and let us know how you are doing!!

Feeling the same way tonight. I cannot believe I am one full day away from this finally happening. For me, going through the 6-month supervised diet prior to approval is when I made myself sick with worry. I think I had convinced myself that the insurance would deny me. Now I just can't wait. I'm ready to get through this surgery and the subsequent pain and move forward with the new skinny me!!! Think positive thoughts. We are all in this together!!!

I was scared too...but once you actually get in there everything happens really fast. Starting with getting registered and then all the nurses fretting over you--time will fly. I had the morphine pump too.. was very happy with that!! Take a deep breath and imagine 6 months from now-- possibly being at you goal weight and loving it! Is that you in the picture???? Good luck and get back here quick and let us know how you are doing!!

Yup! That's me. My starting weight is 5"2 and I'm 242. Ideally 125 soon. I have been putting off my before shots.