Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today I decided to buy a blender and some "ready to drink" (RTD) shakes, thinking that a can of powder is going to turn me off immediately (vivid memories of Carnation Instant Milk in a box and other powdered Protein Drinks I had years ago). I found the cafe caramel, came home and poured half of it in the blender, added ice and tasted it in a few minutes...drinkable, not terrible...or particularly flavorful but CHALKY...so I added 3 packets of Splenda, a couple TB of fat free Greek Fage yogurt and a splash of sugar free caramel Syrup from Starbucks...quite an improvement. Next time I will throw in some instant coffee as well. I also bought a 4-pack of the Atkins mocha flavor.

The Atkins RTD 11 oz. shakes have 15 g Protein, 160 cal. and 2 net carbs.

I also bought two 4-packs of EAS AdvantEDGE...11oz French vanilla and a Dark Choc. RTD shakes...and they have17 g protein, 100 cal. and 2.5 net carbs. I will try one tomorrow.

One thing I liked about the Atkins is it has a twist off cap like a bottle of soda...so I could seal off half to make another frosty concoction later. The EAS brand has just a fold down container like a cardboard milk container....could spill in a cooler.

By the way, I drank some in the glass after blending but poured the rest in my Bodum insulated stainless container I always used for coffee. When I went to pour some more into my glass it wouldn't pour...it had gotten COLDER in the container and I could eat it with a spoon...much improved!!! I will be getting some more Bodum insulated containers...shorter ones to eat my drinks!

Anybody have any suggestions for doctoring up some of these RTD shakes?

mojaleski

My hubby & I love the premier RTD, I don't have time to doctor up other drinks!

Where do you get Premier RTD? I would get some and try them. Which is your favorite flavor? Did you ever try the ones I bought today? I want to get something that is DELICIOUS and not just simply "not too bad" ... lol. Thanks.

Still searching for Premier shakes...RTD... and no luck yet...but recalled reading many people think chocolate muscle milk very good... I don't like it...another chalky taste. I have to find something to put in these to make them better.

I recall when I did 90 days of all liquid diet Cambridge food for Life powder mix I used to just add all sorts of flavorings (a few drops of peppermint or other flavors and they were DELICIOUS. My skinny husband at that time used to ask me to make a shake for him...as good as a thick shake at a fast food place and no one would guess it was a diet drink.

So I think these can be salvaged with some sugar free flavors...but I hate drinking anything that my description of it is "NOT TOO BAD". lol

You can buy the Premier shakes at SAMs club if you have a membership.

Premier can also be found at costco - they carry both vanilla and chocolate. They only come in cases, but if you try it and don't like it I believe costco will take it back.

Additionally, I have found Premier 4 packs at some of the local groceries here. Kroeger affiliated stores may have it, as well as Safeway.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST